Stubbs can go now

2 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Stubbs has to be given time. Christmas then review.

I have to admit though there are worrying signs. Everyone of the signings IMO would not have got in our team last season and we look a poorer team. With the window still open let’s hope he pulls a few quality signings out the bag. Then give him time to gel the squad and see where we are at Christmas.

I remember Stubbs at Hibs playing excellent football but it looks like he is trying to go direct with us which is not pretty. We are struggling for goals and leaking at the other end which is also worrying.

IMO too early to contemplating sacking him.

Don't agree, we'd almost certainly be well adrift at the bottom of the table by then.

Anyone who witnessed that today will know Gordon Scott has a decision to make and soon.  sadly Alan Stubbs recruitment alone in my opinion should get him sacked, it is without doubt the worse signing window I have ever experienced.  and that includes Tommy Craig`s.  the team is now a pale shadow of last season winning team, We need to rip it all up and start again, { there goes the mcginn dosh} and maybe just maybe we can salvage this season, 

To be fair if it he hadn't been shite at Rotherham we wouldn't have him as manager right now. Obviously the hope was Rotherham was a blip in his career... appears not.

Your probably right with that view but it is really alarming that a number of the concerns then are very similar now.

1 minute ago, renfrew said:

Some of our posters should really step away from the lapstop or phone and settle down and stop the threats. It's only a game of football ffs

My thoughts too although we're all unhappy at the shite on offer, sometimes supporters argue amongst each other when we lose badly, better to target their frustration at Stubbs in my opinion.

Stubbs has a very short space of time to turn this around in my opinion.

I don't mean that so much in the sense of him getting the bullet but more in the sense of him having any chance of turning the squad around - if he's up to it. Even if things continue to go badly I'd have to imagine he would continue to get another few months at least. 

I've not had an issue with him ripping up the squad but it put the pressure on him to improve it by who he brought in. He hasn't done that. 

His recruitment has clearly been appalling.

The only 2 who have added anything appear to be Willock and Jones. That's 2/12.

If the dressing room (and particularly Jack Ross players) aren't with him - for whatever reason - then he might somehow manage to overcome that unrest if he gets enough of his owns guys in there to change the dynamic and take us forward.

Unfortunately I just can't see it. Especially considering his recruitment. 

Livi were better than us all over the park, in every position. They kept a team from last year, a leader at the back like Halkett, and added guys like Steve Lawless. I don't even recognise a few of their names but they bossed us today. 

I didn't bat an eyelid about Gary MacK and Eck to be honest. I can buy it that they wouldn't be good enough (if we brought in better), but if its true that Cammy Smith is being chased out then I'm not buying that! 

Finally - a feckin 3 year deal!!! Chairman has to take the blame for that. What the feck was he thinking?! Unfortunately he may have got carried away with his excitement to get a big name Celtic guy. Sadly, its our club and our clubs money thats at stake. 

Don't agree, we'd almost certainly be well adrift at the bottom of the table by then.

No team has every been relegated at Christmas. Review it then and if needed we make the change and give the new manager a January window.

He has brought about 10 new players in they need time to gel and understand the managers philosophy

The difference between championship and premiership income is around 500k. Get Jim Mcintyre  in asap and cut our expensive losses. Losing support and income will also have a negative financial impact. Yes the time has been short but with the lack of improvement or even consistency, what is the point in waiting. Bet someone at Livingston made a few quid on first manager being sacked. Time for GLS to get involved and sort out what is going on behind the scenes as seems like a clusterf**k at this moment in time.  

Just now, Dave The Buddie said:

No team has every been relegated at Christmas. Review it then and if needed we make the change and give the new manager a January window.

He has brought about 10 new players in they need time to gel and understand the managers philosophy

I get what you're saying but as i said to my brother today, even when Ross came in and was struggling at first i still had the feeling we were going to improve. My instinct this time is that we can't waste any more time with Stubbs if we want to have a chance of staying up.

1 minute ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Maybe that's about to change, this team wont win another game this year.

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Still think alan Stubbs is the man ?

I think it's way too soon to be panicking.

I dont know how many times we need to go down this path before fans start to be more patient with things.

You are all talking about sacking a guy on a 3 year contract a few games into the league season.

Must be easy to spend other people's money eh?

How do we fund a payoff?

Can you guarantee the next manager will be better? If not, do we bin him after a handful of games? How do we fund that?

Not one of you is engaging your brain.

Way too much emotion.

I would not bank on the current team beating any team in Scottish football right now. We couldn’t beat queen’s park and drew with Spartans just! Nothing has improved since then and the constant chopping and changing of the team tells you they are all hopeless. Now he’s calling on guys he’s snubbed like Baird and smith to come off the bench and save the day. As if they’re going to want to help Stubbs out. His man management has been terrible

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I dont know how many times we need to go down this path before fans start to be more patient with things.

You are all talking about sacking a guy on a 3 year contract a few games into the league season.

How do we fund a payoff?

Can you guarantee the next manager will be better? If not, do we bin him after a handful of games? How do we fund that?

Way too much emotion.

it's all much the same cost wise.. Keep him and it's my opinion that we'll get relegated and lose money and also have to watch our team being shit all season. Get rid and it's taking a chance, granted, but it's one we need to take in my opinion. I'm not wishing him to fail but my instincts are telling me he's not up to it.

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

How do we fund a payoff?

Way too much emotion.

St Mirren's future in the top flight will owe more to the likes of Josh McGennis, SMactive and W7 than anything from AS, Rice and Jackson.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

It’s bad enough having to watch that pish on the park without coming on here to read people talk utter pish

You shouldn't feel the need to post then.

Men against boys today, which is what happens when you fill the bulk of the team with loan signings from youth academy squads. 

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

it's all much the same cost wise.. Keep him and it's my opinion that we'll get relegated and lose money and also have to watch our team being shit all season. Get rid and it's taking a chance, granted, but it's one we need to take in my opinion. I'm not wishing him to fail but my instincts are telling me he's not up to it.

Yep. 

GLS was keen to stress that we were ahead of schedule with winning the league last year. 

Now we`re in danger of being set back big time. 

I get what you're saying but as i said to my brother today, even when Ross came in and was struggling at first i still had the feeling we were going to improve. My instinct this time is that we can't waste any more time with Stubbs if we want to have a chance of staying up.

The window is still open so some business can be done then give him time to get his completed squad and time to gel and get his message and philosophy drilled into him. Christmas is a reasonable time to review given all that.

Don’t get me wrong today was woeful but it’s only one game and we can only improve after that.