Stubbs can go now

1 minute ago, Dave The Buddie said:

The window is still open so some business can be done then give him time to get his completed squad and time to gel and get his message and philosophy drilled into him. Christmas is a reasonable time to review given all that.

Don’t get me wrong today was woeful but it’s only one game and we can only improve after that. 

That's the bit i'm not feeling and it's not just based on today's debacle.

Ridiculous thread so early in the season.

Squad still being taken apart/built.

Stubbs will sort out this early season setback and move us forward, no doubt.

Astonishing how many creep out on the back of one poor result.

Aberdeen away - no shame losing up there.

Sevco away - no shame losing there

This is one bad result with a poor performance, can’t write the season off yet.

I hope none of you are employers, couple of bad shifts by anyone you’d have no staff.

17 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

it's all much the same cost wise.. Keep him and it's my opinion that we'll get relegated and lose money and also have to watch our team being shit all season. Get rid and it's taking a chance, granted, but it's one we need to take in my opinion. I'm not wishing him to fail but my instincts are telling me he's not up to it.

It's this sort of comment which makes me fear fan ownership.

The idea that you could consider your first sentence to be and then to equate a known huge cost to a potential cost with equal weight is not great bud.

3 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

I hope none of you are employers, couple of bad shifts by anyone you’d have no staff.

How many more goes at signing a functioning defence are you willing to give him. I make it 6 defenders signed so far this window and as a unit any combination is awful. Where do you draw the line sanctioning signings ? Forwards just as bad. Do you honestly think Stubbs can spot a player based on all the evidence so far ?

It's not a ridiculous thread, calling it ridiculous is in itself ridiculous. Watching the team this season has sent alarm bells ringing in many supporters ears and i'm not talking about the many wind up trolls we find on t'internet. I've called it right many times and i backed him until now, i can't anymore, he's not going to cut it IMO. We're talking about the manner we're losing and to me it looks as if the players don't want to play for him, that's very worrying..... and i'm talking our good players such as McGennis and  McGinn.  Also if the rumours are true about Cammy Smith then Stubbs has clearly lost it.

29 minutes ago, DLBud said:

For better or worse that’s what fitba’ is though. On and off the park.

Yes but someone from the group calling for Stubbs to be sacked needs to control themselves for a second and simply explain how we fund his severance package and what we do if the next guy also fails to get results. I dont think it's unreasonable to ask for that.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Scott said at the end of 16/17 that we were a premiership club , and we need to get back there. If he truly believes that , then he already must know he's made a boo boo of horrendous proportions , and he needs to take action quick. You could see today that some players just weren't playing for Stubbs.

We both called this after the initial hopless performances, and to had to listen to the idiots on here who thought we were taking some pleasure from pointing out the obvious....but.....

How can a club of our size afford a pay off of around 300k for a mangers contract? Not to mention the coaches and hopeless guys brought up from England?

Due to finances, we are stuck with him now!

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's this sort of comment which makes me fear fan ownership.

The idea that you could consider your first sentence to be and then to equate a known huge cost to a potential cost with equal weight is not great bud.

See that only makes sense if i wanted anything to do with running the club... i don't... I just want support my team by buying season tickets and investing money in it's future... fan ownership. The only interest i have is in putting my opinion across about the footballing side but at the end of the day it's not up to me who hires and fires so really it makes no difference what i think. Won't stop me having an opinion and posting it because that's what this forum is for.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Jeez this thread is embarrassing and needs knocking on the head now!

where were these calls when Ross lost six straight games in a lower league? It is a fa t St Mirren fans have a big problem with any manager who used to be at the old firm. And yes i do remember the stick SAF got in his early days.

:clapping I knew you wouldn't disappoint.  Ross was a great manager, Stubbs isn't and i don't have an irrational hatred for the OF.

25 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

The window is still open so some business can be done then give him time to get his completed squad and time to gel and get his message and philosophy drilled into him. Christmas is a reasonable time to review given all that.

Don’t get me wrong today was woeful but it’s only one game and we can only improve after that.

just today ?

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

where were these calls when Ross lost six straight games in a lower league? It is a fa t St Mirren fans have a big problem with any manager who used to be at the old firm. And yes i do remember the stick SAF got in his early days.

I'm waiting on SD and Top Cat saying he's the next Fergie :rolleyes:

No doubt Kpekawa was having a nightmare of a game, but to send him back out for the 2nd half only to sub him 3 mins later was poor poor management. Why subject the guy to the verbal abuse he got when walking off when he could have just made the sub at h/t. Stubbs should be ashamed of himself for doing that to a young player no matter how bad he was playing.

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just use  the search function. You know  as well as I do there were plenty.

What gives you the confidence that he can sort things out?

His last job ended in disaster.
His recruitment has been abysmal.
His team, thus far, has been poor in equal measure against some of the the best and worst in the land.
He looked like he had no idea how to change things today.

Guest TPAFKATS
Ross inherited a team that was under performing and at a very low ebb and had to wait a few months until he had a transfer window so that he could start to build his own team and squad.

Stubbs inherited a team that had just won their league, been promoted and was on a high. He still has the spine of that team and has had a transfer window to start building his own team and squad.

Unfortunately his attempts at that make me think its all a bit Davie Hay.

3 year contract...

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes but unfortunately someone from the group calling for Stubbs to be sacked needs to control themselves for a second and simply explain how we fund his severance package and what we do if the next guy also fails to get results. I dont think it's unreasonable to ask for that.

That's Easy

The McGinn cash we have to use it.  and employ a manager who knows the league and can recruit players who are proven at this level or at least the best the championship have to offer. Stubs should be sacked on his recruitment alone.  totally shocking. 

A question to you, were you there today have you seen his team ??  have you seen his signings

Got f**k yourself maybe when you learn to write properly you can call someone a Knuckle dragger.

Take it you don't want to meet up then back in the day we called people like you Shi*ebags.

Maybe see you at a game sometime soon.
Yous are putting in the most fight ive seen all day here.

Bring your boots n shinnies when yous meet up. Straight into the starting IX

From our opening fixtures i predicted around 4 points from the first 3 games. We are only three games into the league season, we have to remind ourselves that. I will however find it hard to watch if we put in another performance like today. There was absolute no positives from today bar a couple of players who ran all day and tried to make things happen. It was not a team, it was individuals with no game plan.

I hope Stubbs has signings up his sleeve prior to the window closing. 

Also have to agree though about comparison with JR. Jack Ross was given plenty of time to turn things around. Yes, he inherited a squad and made changes. Stubbs needs time to do the same to get a winning formula together.

Edited by kevo_smfc

40 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

What a load of shite

Out of all the 8 players he had signed (I think) has any of them so far look to be capable of playing at this level  ?  I feel he had 4 working days to bring in at least 4 players that must be better than what we have or simply we will finish bottom by a long way.

No doubt Kpekawa was having a nightmare of a game, but to send him back out for the 2nd half only to sub him 3 mins later was poor poor management. Why subject the guy to the verbal abuse he got when walking off when he could have just made the sub at h/t. Stubbs should be ashamed of himself for doing that to a young player no matter how bad he was playing.
Im guessing you need to do that to make sure livvy hadnt changed their shape or tactics.

If we made that sub then they came back out with 1 up front it would maybe cause him to make 2 changes too early on. Just a guess though.

Verbal abuse of the boy is out of order though. Too young to get that.