Stubbs can go now

2 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Out of all the 8 players he had signed (I think) has any of them so far look to be capable of playing at this level  ?  I feel he had 4 working days to bring in at least 4 players that must be better than what we have or simply we will finish bottom by a long way.

What 4 though Renfrew? The Celtic dude  isn't coming. Greg Stewart will go to a bigger spending club - probably Killie or Dundee or Hibs  Everton don't seem willing to give AS a sniff of their sh#te and even the 63 year old Kenny Miller looks likely to go elsewhere. We have run out of time.

3 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Im guessing you need to do that to make sure livvy hadnt changed their shape or tactics.

If we made that sub then they came back out with 1 up front it would maybe cause him to make 2 changes too early on. Just a guess though.

Verbal abuse of the boy is out of order though. Too young to get that.

Totally agree. Bang out of order. It looks like the boy had talent, went off the rails a bit and is trying to come back. We should be supportive of him. 

33 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Jeez this thread is embarrassing and needs knocking on the head now!

where were these calls when Ross lost six straight games in a lower league? It is a fa t St Mirren fans have a big problem with any manager who used to be at the old firm. And yes i do remember the stick SAF got in his early days.

Ross lost those 6 games with Alex Rae's assembled squad that's why nobody was calling for him to be sacked then. As soon as Jack was able to bring in his own players and coach those players to play the way he wanted look what happened! Stubbs has had almost a full window to assemble the best team he could which has just been shambolic. He clearly doesn't know how to set the team out aswell as the players don't seem to have any specific game plan or plan of what to do in different situations. And positionally the players are all over the place. There were point today where Kyle was playing on the right, then on the left and then through the middle, all over the place. He has Coulson playing the entire left side, he is expected to push forward for every attack but also be back every time we defend, that is just appalling man management.There is no structure to the team what so ever, and to think that somehow it is going to get better or not gonna continue like this for the foreseeable future is crazy

4 minutes ago, magnus said:

What 4 though Renfrew? The Celtic dude  isn't coming. Greg Stewart will go to a bigger spending club - probably Killie or Dundee or Hibs  Everton don't seem willing to give AS a sniff of their sh#te and even the 63 year old Kenny Miller looks likely to go elsewhere. We have run out of time.

What 4 indeed. Maybe the back 4 of the Livy team would be a start. Remember this was a Livy team without their 2 main strikers today and we still couldn't cope with them.

Guest TPAFKATS
Im guessing you need to do that to make sure livvy hadnt changed their shape or tactics.

If we made that sub then they came back out with 1 up front it would maybe cause him to make 2 changes too early on. Just a guess though.

Verbal abuse of the boy is out of order though. Too young to get that.
No, he was replacing like for like. We had started with 2 central defenders and would never play with less then that unless going gung ho in last 10 minutes.

How many more goes at signing a functioning defence are you willing to give him. I make it 6 defenders signed so far this window and as a unit any combination is awful. Where do you draw the line sanctioning signings ? Forwards just as bad. Do you honestly think Stubbs can spot a player based on all the evidence so far ?
When Baird was reinstated the defence it was fine.

The big number 9 actually came on to a game at the end and looked potentially like a player once he started getting service.

The team selection and disorganisation concerns me.

The divisive language in interviews concerns me.

Poor man management decisions like making a substitution two minutes after the break to humiliate a player already suffering when he could have saved face by not coming out for the second half concerns me!

23 minutes ago, Bearsden buddie said:

Ross lost those 6 games with Alex Rae's assembled squad that's why nobody was calling for him to be sacked then. As soon as Jack was able to bring in his own players and coach those players to play the way he wanted look what happened! Stubbs has had almost a full window to assemble the best team he could which has just been shambolic. He clearly doesn't know how to set the team out aswell as the players don't seem to have any specific game plan or plan of what to do in different situations. And positionally the players are all over the place. There were point today where Kyle was playing on the right, then on the left and then through the middle, all over the place. He has Coulson playing the entire left side, he is expected to push forward for every attack but also be back every time we defend, that is just appalling man management.There is no structure to the team what so ever, and to think that somehow it is going to get better or not gonna continue like this for the foreseeable future is crazy

Like i said, poor all over the park. But do you believe the manager asked them to be feckin hopeless at controlling a ball and making a pass?

Stubbs must go! Results, performance, recruitment, tactics have been awful. the manager looks disinterested sitting on the bench, the players look bereft of any confidence.  He has no clue what formation to play as he changes it every week hencethe reason the players look as if they hadn't met until 5 minutes to kick off. Abysmal.

11 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Poor man management decisions like making a substitution two minutes after the break to humiliate a player already suffering when he could have saved face by not coming out for the second half concerns me!

Aye, was the very thing I said to my mate at the time. Very ill-judged.

I don't want to trash Stubbs, I just haven't seen anything to suggest that he will turn this around.  I'm concerned, but more likely to become apathetic than angry the longer this goes on.

There definitely seems to be a bad vibe around the club just now. I hope it will be short lived, but the signs aren't positive just now.

To be fair to Stubbs he probably took Kpekwa aside at half time and gave him some sort of pep talk hoping it would help, however, he almost conceded another goal right away and looked lost. At that point I think it was the right thing to do.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Like i said, poor all over the park. But do you believe the manager asked them to be feckin hopeless at controlling a ball and making a pass?

No of course he didn't, But what Stubbs failed do was tell them what they should do when we get possession in different areas of the pitch.  The players were playing today with no game plan at all and that was clear for everyone there today to see. Every time we got the ball its almost like they were thinking *right what do I do now*. Everyone knows livi play a very physical game and win a lot of headers, however dispite this we continually lumped balls up to Madsen (Another masterclass signing it appears from Stubbs) who didnt win a single one. The players played like they had no idea what they were meant to do, and not once did stubbs leave his dugout to give any orders to the team. 

The step up to the Premiership was always going to be tough,  even without a change of manager. The board chose AS as the best candidate.  Have they made a mistake?  Possibly,  but IMO it's too early to tell. The League looks even more likely to split into two mini leagues of 6 than in recent seasons.  I worry when I hear supporters suggesting that players are actively showing disrespect to the manager.  This never ends well under a weak board.  This is a test of nerve for the board,  management,  players and supporters.  It's not a time to press the panic button.  That might come,  but is not yet here.  We face two top teams in our next two games.  Time to hold tight. 

dispite this we continually lumped balls up to Madsen (Another masterclass signing it appears from Stubbs) who didnt win a single one.

Watching that today was bad enough without any exaggeration. NBM actually had a decent second half but by that time his strike partner (who’d had a decent first half) had missed his fresh air kick at goal when he should have rolled Kyle in and was posted missing the rest of the game.

If the two of them show up at the same time next week we might have a chance.

2 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Watching that today was bad enough without any exaggeration. NBM actually had a decent second half but by that time his strike partner (who’d had a decent first half) had missed his fresh air kick at goal when he should have rolled Kyle in and was posted missing the rest of the game.

If the two of them show up at the same time next week we might have a chance.

I really hope they come good honestly but I just cant see it. From what i have seen so far i have not been impressed at all. Rangers was going to be a difficult game for him but up in Aberdeen last week he was bullied off the ball with ease and won next to nothing n the air, looked slow and off the pace. And nothing today seemed to suggest much different to be honest

The step up to the Premiership was always going to be tough,  even without a change of manager. The board chose AS as the best candidate.  Have they made a mistake?  Possibly,  but IMO it's too early to tell. The League looks even more likely to split into two mini leagues of 6 than in recent seasons.  I worry when I hear supporters suggesting that players are actively showing disrespect to the manager.  This never ends well under a weak board.  This is a test of nerve for the board,  management,  players and supporters.  It's not a time to press the panic button.  That might come,  but is not yet here.  We face two top teams in our next two games.  Time to hold tight. 
Hold tight to what? The main success last season was galvanising players and fans, creating an atmosphere, making our home a bit of a fortress, cleverly making sure if we went a go all behind the fans would rally and cheer the team on, this season we're holding tight to a omnishambles and the fans will turn when we go goal down because they know that Stubbs hasn't the ability to turn it round. Like others on here when JR was failing there was something inside that thought he could still turn it round, I have no such feelings now.

Changed my mind.... can’t give that coaching team any more time. No fight, no desire, no hope. Livingston are average yet look like a great team against us. I’ve kinda had this nagging feeling about him not being the right guy from the start but wanted to give him the chance. We will go down unless we get rid of Stubbs... the players don’t fight for the guy .. totally apparent after today.

The issue is we were not prepared or capable of matching Livingston, newbies just like us. They look organised and physical, capable of surviving and digging out results, that’s what Scottish elite league is all about.

We knew this last season and it’s the harsh reward for promotion as champions, great eh ?

We are nowhere near ready to compete in this attritional league of shite and I almost wish for the attractive pressing of a championship campaign than to sit through much more shit that I saw today.

Shame that this is where we are after last seasons glorious campaign.

Jack Ross was so right to move on, the bastard [emoji85]