Stubbs can go now

I really hope they come good honestly but I just cant see it. From what i have seen so far i have not been impressed at all. Rangers was going to be a difficult game for him but up in Aberdeen last week he was bullied off the ball with ease and won next to nothing n the air, looked slow and off the pace. And nothing today seemed to suggest much different to be honest

Not disagreeing mate. Just thought he had a decent second half today. Might be a player in there.

5 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

The issue is we were not prepared or capable of matching Livingston, newbies just like us. They look organised and physical, capable of surviving and digging out results, that’s what Scottish elite league is all about.

We knew this last season and it’s the harsh reward for promotion as champions, great eh ?

We are nowhere near ready to compete in this attritional league of shite and I almost wish for the attractive pressing of a championship campaign than to sit through much more shit that I saw today.

Shame that this is where we are after last seasons glorious campaign.

Jack Ross was so right to move on, the bastard emoji85.png

We should be prepared and capable though. We have sold several players for decent fees, got the best part of a million for the sell on of John McGinn, more decent  prize money for winning the Championship,  sold out the family stand to the Old Firm (to fund more players) and got compensation for Jack being a bit of a sneaky bastard. Open the fekn biscuit tin.

We should be prepared and capable though. We have sold several players for decent fees, got the best part of a million for the sell on of John McGinn, more decent  prize money for winning the Championship,  sold out the family stand to the Old Firm (to fund more players) and got compensation for Jack being a bit of a sneaky bastard. Open the fekn biscuit tin.
Easy to say, but if the biscuit tin's opened surely you wouldn't trust Stubbs to spend it wisely

Just now, Mykey said:
4 minutes ago, magnus said:

Easy to say, but if the biscuit tin's opened surely you wouldn't trust Stubbs to spend it wisely

True. That's the worry.

Indeed, we should be but we’re clearly not simply there at the moment from what we’ve seen.

Add to that I seriously think that the present team management are not respected , liked or even believed in.

Massive sea change from last season and the players are clearly demonstrating that to be the case based on early performances.
The club seems to have completely transitioned from a positive go ahead and dream unit to a feckn shambolic lost looking club without any direction.
Harsh new world were in now, strap on and suck it up eh ?!

Like some others I wasn’t too sure about Stubbs, but you wish him and his team all the best , naturally. It’s what we do.

I just don’t get Rice or Jackson in any guise, ever though, ??? Seriously underwhelmed when they appeared on the scene.

Stubbs needs to turn this early season malaise round rapid, then there might be some belief instilled.

3 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Indeed, we should be but we’re clearly not simply there at the moment from what we’ve seen.

Add to that I seriously think that the present team management are not respected , liked or even believed in.

Massive sea change from last season and the players are clearly demonstrating that to be the case based on early performances.
The club seems to have completely transitioned from a positive go ahead and dream unit to a feckn shambolic lost looking club without any direction.

Like some others I wasn’t too sure about Stubbs, but you wish him and his team all the best , naturally. It’s what we do.

I just don’t get Rice or Jackson in any guise, ever though, ??? Seriously underwhelmed when they appeared on the scene.

Stubbs needs to turn this early season malaise round rapid, then there might be some belief instilled.

Yep.

We knew ( or at least some of the sane amoung us) that we would lose a LOT of games this season

3 games in and panic to the knickerwetters

ignore the people who THINK that they are in the "know"

The support this season has lost the FEELGOOD factor bigtime and your hero "jack Ross " is to blame for that because HE LEFT US ...like it or not..

even before Stubbs took over people hated him..and those who didnt wanted an excuse to hate him more

We are where we are and it is what it is,but one thing remains and that is the team we support ST.MIRREN  that will never change

SO...like it or not...Jack is gone ( good luck to him) we all LOVE ST.MIRREN and should be backing them to the hilt

There is a long .....LONGGGGG 9 months ahead....ups and downs and all that..take it as it comes and support the Black and White

Its what we do best

The f#cking annoying thing is that after years of treading water we produce 18 months of attractive football and then in true St Mirren style go full throttle turbo reverse and manage to piss off an entire support 3 league games into the season.

Quite a feat that to be fair !

25 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

We knew ( or at least some of the sane amoung us) that we would lose a LOT of games this season

The support this season has lost the FEELGOOD factor bigtime and your hero "jack Ross " is to blame for that because HE LEFT US ...like it or not..

even before Stubbs took over people hated him..and those who didnt wanted an excuse to hate him more

We are where we are and it is what it is,but one thing remains and that is the team we support ST.MIRREN  that will never change

SO...like it or not...Jack is gone ( good luck to him) we all LOVE ST.MIRREN and should be backing them to the hilt

There is a long .....LONGGGGG 9 months ahead....ups and downs and all that..take it as it comes and support the Black and White

Its what we do best

Step away from the bong.

Its what we do best

Forget about last season, how many expected us to lose 0-2 at home against Livingston?

Terrible performance, no shape, no desire, not a clue.

The early part of the season for the promoted side is always important. The last time we came up under Gus we got off to a flyer and still needed the “Great Escape” to avoid the drop.

Losing at home to the one team we probably banked on finishing above isn’t the end of the world but it is the realisation of fears many have had since the abject performances against Spartans, Queens Park and Sunderland.

Of course we’re not going to fire Stubbs. Not only is that ridiculous at this stage but we simply can’t afford to do it given his three year deal.

Things need to improve though starting with signings this week and I don’t mean any more non league pish or 20 year olds from down south. If we can get some experience in at key positions then we can start to see that improvement.

That’s the easy bit. There’s also something palpably wrong with the team spirit and that sits with the manager to sort out. If we’re going to have any chance of success this year then the core members of last years successful team and the manager need to be aligned. I don’t know who’s to blame for what I’m seeing but it needs f**king sorted. That wee show of solidarity/defiance by McGinn and Magennis when Cammy came on today was a real worry.

2 hours ago, DLBud said:

What gives you the confidence that he can sort things out?

His last job ended in disaster.
His recruitment has been abysmal.
His team, thus far, has been poor in equal measure against some of the the best and worst in the land.
He looked like he had no idea how to change things today.

His performance at Hibs in the Championship is open to debate also. The Scottish Cup win papers over all the cracks. Stubbs is a dud. Would love GLS to fire the gun now but I doubt it will happen. Wouldn' t fully rule it out though as at some point the board need to protect the club. Can't see where our next point is coming from.

Edited by lenziebud

4 minutes ago, DLBud said:

That wee show of solidarity/defiance by McGinn and Magennis when Cammy came on today was a real worry.

Yes and no.

It was the only genuine passion I seen out there today (aside from Danny Mullen, who looked as though he gave a shit).

1 hour ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Yep top referee said that to me also. The minute he put those 2 as his staff it was goodnight