Stubbs can go now

3 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

You seriously think this squad will get 42 to 44 points in the Premiership. OMG

LB. No....but I do think that we will add to the squad both now and in January. The league is taking on a familiar shape. Livvy gave us a fair old drubbing 4..1 and then held us to a draw in the previous two games against us. They have made fewer changes. I give them credit for a very good performance today but let's see where we finish up. Of course...I may be wrong.

48 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

3 games in man....we all know we were gonna lose most games this season...DEAL WITH IT

I genuinely, genuinely don't give a toss if we lose more than we win this season but I do expect us to look competitive and be a threat. I'm sure as St. Mirren fans we all accept that and will live our entire lives seeing more losing seasons than winning ones. 

The worry, and it is a massive worry is that we didn't come close to competing against the team who came up with us last season. A team who lost their manager and both centre forwards in the last week. We have failed to compete in the majority of games so far under Stubbs. 

A team who sussed us out within 8 minutes today that if they launch balls at our defence, for all the height in that team, we will shrink. And shrink we did. 

As a supporter of SMFC, I don't think I, or my fellow fan has particularly massive expectations or delusions of grandeur. That being said, we do expect effort, endeavour and interest from our team as is the minimum expectation of any football fan.

I have yet to see that in a game under Stubbs. There is something intangible that you can't quite put your finger on that's definitely broken there... We saw it in the last days of Lennon, we saw it for the entire reign of Tommy Craig and we saw it in the run up to Alex Rae getting the punt. Think most of us know what it looks like and it's definitely there again. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Exactly we had to give the guy a chance but I trusted my instincts with Ross when he was struggling in the beginning and it’s the same now. Stubbs is not good enough and has to go.
The difference with Ross was he inherited the Alex Rae dross. But come Jan he got rid off most of them and brought his own players in and then it changed. This Stubbs team mostly and it's his poor tactics that caused this poor start. But I'll give to Hamilton away before I judge cos next 2 games are tough anyway .

Of all the new signings the only one so far that looks capable is Paul McGinn. Most of the resthave never played first team football or played at a very low level. This is not an experiment - this is real and we need players far more capable than what is on display at the moment.

I felt sorry for Stephen McGinn today. He started off well but seemed to get pissed off at the shambles round about him. We signed 3 new centre backs and the two on show today lost almost every high ball into the box - two goals from corners and another two free headers from corners could have been 4 down by half time (plus a missed chance for them hitting the post). The forward line could not win a ball nor hold it up. A big cheer went up in the second half when our tall striker finally won a header for the first time in the game. McGinn let his anger and frustration take over in the second half and he appeared to chuck it but most of the rest appeared to chuck it long before then.

And Cammy Smith being on the bench was just stupid as he is the most creative player we have.

There is no quick fix unfortunately but there will be a lot more empty seats in the home support if this shambles continues.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

LB. No....but I do think that we will add to the squad both now and in January. The league is taking on a familiar shape. Livvy gave us a fair old drubbing 4..1 and then held us to a draw in the previous two games against us. They have made fewer changes. I give them credit for a very good performance today but let's see where we finish up. Of course...I may be wrong.

I admire your optimism but if we are going to be in it come the end of the season then it needs to be another manager dealing in the transfer market come Jan and he's going to have to do the job Jim McIntrye did to rescue Ross County when he first went there.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I genuinely, genuinely don't give a toss if we lose more than we win this season but I do expect us to look competitive and be a threat. I'm sure as St. Mirren fans we all accept that and will live our entire lives seeing more losing seasons than winning ones. 

The worry, and it is a massive worry is that we didn't come close to competing against the team who came up with us last season. A team who lost their manager and both centre forwards in the last week. We have failed to compete in the majority of games so far under Stubbs. 

A team who sussed us out within 8 minutes today that if they launch balls at our defence, for all the height in that team, we will shrink. And shrink we did. 

As a supporter of SMFC, I don't think I, or my fellow fan has particularly massive expectations or delusions of grandeur. That being said, we do expect effort, endeavour and interest from our team as is the minimum expectation of any football fan.

I have yet to see that in a game under Stubbs. There is something intangible that you can't quite put your finger on that's definitely broken there... We saw it in the last days of Lennon, we saw it for the entire reign of Tommy Craig and we saw it in the run up to Alex Rae getting the punt. Think most of us know what it looks like and it's definitely there again. 

Last days of Lennon? He kept us up in his final season. Can’t remember any lack of fight or commitment then 

Stubbs won't be punted until Christmas IMO. Then  bring in someone to build a squad to challenge for the Championship because that's where we are heading.  That performance  was right up there with Ian Murray's first home game against Dumbarton.  If Stubbs had any class he'd resign before then.

45 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Last days of Lennon? He kept us up in his final season. Can’t remember any lack of fight or commitment then 

Correct, however the rumblings of a toxic dressing room atmosphere, long serving players holding too much swap and dressing room cliques were absolutely rife and contributed to him not being offered a new deal.

All was not well at the club in 2013/14 and it carried into Tommy Craig's reign.

7 minutes ago, Hagleybuddies said:

Look at what Stubbs says, he criticises everyone, nothing is good enough, individual mistakes, lack of desire. Well Alan, desire stems from the top and you won’t get that if you criticise them all. I feel sick when I hear or read your comments. Do you care about St Mirren? If not then F off now!

I said to a friend after one of the League Cup games that Stubbs' post-match comments were sounding like the ones Alex Rae was giving in his final couple of months.

Just now, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I said to a friend after one of the League Cup games that Stubbs' post-match comments were sounding like the ones Alex Rae was giving in his final couple of months.

And after examining  comments it's obvious that we are shite and we need to get rid....

Y

5 hours ago, DLBud said:

Watching that today was bad enough without any exaggeration. NBM actually had a decent second half but by that time his strike partner (who’d had a decent first half) had missed his fresh air kick at goal when he should have rolled Kyle in and was posted missing the rest of the game.

If the two of them show up at the same time next week we might have a chance.

Yes much better second half he actually touched the ball twice :unsure: 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm  back after a night out but i'm definite, we are shit and  we are struggling big time!