Stubbs can go now

Does the following article sound all to familiar for comfort, came across it tonight, very worrying.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-how-defeat-after-defeat-and-distancing-the-fans-led-to-millers-boss-alan-stubbs-downfall-1-8189965
Unfortunately sounds very familiar. Far far too early to part ways yet - but we can't go on like this.

Season so far -

League cup , first objective, get out group = achieved

Away tie in knock out stage against Aberdeen, second best team for last 4 years : defeat = no shame

Win first league game = achieved

Lose away to Sevco ,,a team spending millions of pounds- no shame

One unexpected poor defeat/display = Thread like this ?

FFS

1 hour ago, helpmaboab said:

I'm not too concerned about Stubbs, I think he can do OK. He's as good as we can afford. JR and even SAF struggled at first.

Difference is though that most supporters bought into what JR was trying at first. He inherited a broken husk of a squad, gave them a few chances by trying different things and then punting the worst offenders, replacing them with youth until the window. 

The difference is that Stubbs inherited a squad that was in a settled state but admittedly not yet quite good enough. Yes, of the team last season losing Morgan and Davis was outwith his control and Stelios was already gone but that was it really. 

Most of us expected the squad to be settled and 5 or 6 new faces to supplement what we already had. I don't think it's been too much of a stretch to say that he's decimated the side. Those who do remain all seem to be on a shoogly peg or have had doubts cast over their future (aside from Magennis) 

Our last manager left SMFC in a sweet enough spot. The current manager has come in, viewed what he did and instead of adding to it went 'nahhhhh f**k that' and binned the lot. 

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Season so far -

Away tie in knock out stage against Aberdeen, second best team for last 4 years : defeat = no shame

FFS

Give your self a shake man it's not so much about the results it's  the utter dross that go with them he dose not have a clue. 

2 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Season so far -

FFS

Very true, but when he's falling out with our main players, telling them to look for new clubs and bring in his less than impressive players, its worrying times.

They're plenty of journeymen he could have picked up north of the border who could a better job.

Season so far -

FFS

One unexpected poor display ?? Really ?? Were you at the Spartans & Queen’s Park game ?
Take the blinkers off Bud. The recruitment has been generally dross and the performances have been worse.

52 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Difference is though that most supporters bought into what JR was trying at first. He inherited a broken husk of a squad, gave them a few chances by trying different things and then punting the worst offenders, replacing them with youth until the window. 

The difference is that Stubbs inherited a squad that was in a settled state but admittedly not yet quite good enough. Yes, of the team last season losing Morgan and Davis was outwith his control and Stelios was already gone but that was it really. 

Unfortunately there may be a couple more of JR's winning team  joining them, unless he's trying to use scare mongering techniques. 

That was totally unacceptable yesterday as was Aberdeen as was Queens Park as was Spartons . Can take losing a game as long as I see us trying games I have mentioned we have not , this early in the season. Stubbs has dismantled a team and replaced them with inferior players. If that is not bad enough Stubbs seems clueless how to get the team playing. Everything is sideways or back no direct football. If you want the club to stay in the premiership decisive action needs to be taken NOW. Gordon Scott said he wants to go and enjoy his football there is no way he is. We had a good home crowd yesterday built by Jack Ross many will stop coming you can feel and see dark clouds hanging over the stadium.  

How many on here willing to own up to booing their team yesterday?

the height of embarrassment imo, to actually pay to go and attack the team you say you support. Add to that tweets by people claiming to be in the know about Smith being told to leave..! There may well be major embarrassment ahead on that one, bit like the #teameck and argie pish.

Very true, but when he's falling out with our main players, telling them to look for new clubs and bring in his less than impressive players, its worrying times.
They're plenty of journeymen he could have picked up north of the border who could a better job.

Pod, you referenced “telling players to find new clubs” a few times over the last few hours and on a couple of threads.

We only know about GMac, Eck & McShane but you’ve also said Cammy has been told and hinted at McGinn.

What’s the story here? If you know something spit it out otherwise give it a rest as this shit is bad enough without adding to it.

players and management need to have a clear the air meeting and get a bit of togetherness , because this is going to be a long hard season , when we concede the heads go down and there is no fight , we need the players to stand up and be counted , and we need a manager to get the players fired up , responsibility lies with the players and the management , 

the height of embarrassment imo, to actually pay to go and attack the team you say you support.

I booed at full-time.

Who the f**k are you to tell me how to express my disappointment?

Like many, I follow my team all over the country and support and encourage for the entire 90 mins. If they serve up that sort of pish they deserve to know it.

Dry your f**king eyes.

Rumours currently doing the rounds are that the players don’t like Stubbs and positively loathe Darren Jackson. I’m not sure what’s going on behind the scenes, but it’s abundantly clear that the club is broken and has tumbled back down to the utter shambles of Alex Rae/ Ian Murray time.

Time for the board to sort this mess out and do it quickly because this manager is clearly not up to the job.

3 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

players and management need to have a clear the air meeting and get a bit of togetherness , because this is going to be a long hard season , when we concede the heads go down and there is no fight , we need the players to stand up and be counted , and we need a manager to get the players fired up , responsibility lies with the players and the management , 

It's past that. S McGinn body language should tell you all you want to know. He is not a happy player. Cammy Smith looked very unhappy warming up. McGinnis is being used all over so can't play to his potential.  What a mess. 

the height of embarrassment imo, to actually pay to go and attack the team you say you support. Add to that tweets by people claiming to be in the know about Smith being told to leave..! There may well be major embarrassment ahead on that one, bit like the #teameck and argie pish.

I never boo the team. I didn’t enjoy the booing yesterday. All booing does is help the opposition. Having said that our supporters aren’t stupid and they know what they had just witnessed... a team with no fight.

7 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Pod, you referenced “telling players to find new clubs” a few times over the last few hours and on a couple of threads.

We only know about GMac, Eck & McShane but you’ve also said Cammy has been told and hinted at McGinn.

What’s the story here? If you know something spit it out otherwise give it a rest as this shit is bad enough without adding to it.

Fine by me. My last word on it.

8 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I agree with you there. Its a pretty low, disgusting attempt to destabilise the club these people claim to support! Like the #teameck fiasco, the argies and the whole sickening campaign with Lee Mair... again setting out to destabilise us. These bozo's need hunted.

2 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I booed at full-time.

Who the f**k are you to tell me how to express my disappointment?

Like many, I follow my team all over the country and support and encourage for the entire 90 mins. If they serve up that sort of pish they deserve to know it.

Dry your f**king eyes.

Yeah right.... were you booing Ross when he couldnt buy a win for months on end? The double standards on here are pathetic.

8 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I would say more the management and the board. Some players already have. 

I’ve tried to take more of the few positives so far this and give Stubbs time till atleast the end of the transfer window.

Even defended his dropping of cammy yesterday which I wouldn’t of done but was his decision and tbh could of been anyone with the effort shown by players in the last 2 very difficult games.

Yesterday though you can’t defend him at all he has to take responsibility dropping cammy he needed his new signings to perform for him and they just didn’t all were terrible and so were our longer serving players that looked like they didn’t want to be out there.

He appears to have lost the dressing room and failed to improve the squad.

Kenny miller isn’t going to help
Our cause at all will just cause more disruption another player that can only play a central role to get the best out of him we need width and pace in the squad to get a better shape for a start.

Just now, pod said:

I would say more the management and the board. Some players already have. 

Sickening bile.... with a common thread of absolutely no proof!

funny how neither Stubbs, his staff, Smith, McGinn or anyone connected with the club are saying what you claim. What you going to say if they come out and totally contradict this pish?

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I agree with you there. Its a pretty low, disgusting attempt to destabilise the club these people claim to support! Like the #teameck fiasco, the argies and the whole sickening campaign with Lee Mair... again setting out to destabilise us. These bozo's need hunted.

If I was wanting to destabilise the club I love, would I be using my own profile when I could create a different one.