Stubbs can go now

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah right.... were you booing Ross when he couldnt buy a win for months on end? The double standards on here are pathetic.

No people weren't booing Ross cause they had the intelligence to understand the situation and what he was trying to do. Stubbs is totally different, its a visible shambles to anyone with half a wit.

Your hounding of Jack Ross as manager is utterly laughable and makes you look a total fud, Pathetic as you say,

Have a look at Sunderland at the moment. Jack Ross is a huge talent as a football manager, Alan Stubbs is a total failure from start to finish as a manager, far better as a coach in a youth setup.

5 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Rumours currently doing the rounds are that the players don’t like Stubbs and positively loathe Darren Jackson. I’m not sure what’s going on behind the scenes, but it’s abundantly clear that the club is broken and has tumbled back down to the utter shambles of Alex Rae/ Ian Murray time.

Time for the board to sort this mess out and do it quickly because this manager is clearly not up to the job.

thing is the players should be giving there all every week  , not giving %70 because they are in a huff , we need players  that will play with a bit of passion and bring others onto a game ,  never been a critic of McGinn , but he needs play a Captains role and try and get the team motivated , and not go through the motions because he doesn,t like the manager.

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

Alan Stubbs is a total failure from start to finish as a manager, far better as a coach in a youth setup.

I,m actually beginning to doubt his quality as a coach , " how good has our defence been at defending set pieces ?" , thats the very basics at our level of football , putting a team out , that can defend set pieces effectively , and have enough variation from set pieces to cause other team problems .

No people weren't booing Ross cause they had the intelligence to understand the situation and what he was trying to do. Stubbs is totally different, its a visible shambles to anyone with half a wit.
Your hounding of Jack Ross as manager is utterly laughable and makes you look a total fud, Pathetic as you say,
Have a look at Sunderland at the moment. Jack Ross is a huge talent as a football manager, Alan Stubbs is a total failure from start to finish as a manager, far better as a coach in a youth setup.

People were booing Ross I witnessed it several times.

Even last season I think it might have been the game we lost at home v Dumbarton a fan near me in the main stand shouted abuse at Ross for him to turn round and give him a long stare

2 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

thing is the players should be giving there all every week  , not giving %70 because they are in a huff , we need players  that will play with a bit of passion and bring others onto a game ,  never been a critic of McGinn , but he needs play a Captains role and try and get the team motivated , and not go through the motions because he doesn,t like the manager.

I agree in part but what about players who also were part of everything that was good about our club last season, having to watch a manager come in and rip the squad to peices. Last season’s squad probably needed about 5 decent quality players to add to those already there, just like Livingston have done, they kept the core of a successful squad and it was very apparent yesterday.

Stubbs has assembled a squad who would be lucky to stay up in the championship, never mind the premiership.  The board have got it all wrong they need to act and do it swiftly. Sack Stubbs now.

The last manager to give our fans such huge concerns was Tommy Craig and the other one this situation reminds me of is John Coughlin. It feels worryingly similar under Stubbs. I’d be more than happy if I was way wide of the mark And we became a decent team under his management but I’m just not feeling it at all.

1 minute ago, class of 76-77 said:

I agree in part but what about players who also were part of everything that was good about our club last season, having to watch a manager come in and rip the squad to peices. Last season’s squad probably needed about 5 decent quality players to add to those already there, just like Livingston have done, they kept the core of a successful squad and it was very apparent yesterday.

Stubbs has assembled a squad who would be lucky to stay up in the championship, never mind the premiership.  The board have got it all wrong they need to act and do it swiftly. Sack Stubbs now.

thing is it might cost a bit of money to get rid of Stubbs , and then even more money to appoint someone else  ,  so if he were to go , it might be the case of Rice taking over , does your mate in Inverness rate  him ?

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

The last manager to give our fans such huge concerns was Tommy Craig and the other one this situation reminds me of is John Coughlin. It feels worryingly similar under Stubbs. I’d be more than happy if I was way wide of the mark And we became a decent team under his management but I’m just not feeling it at all.

add Hay , Murray and  Rae  to the list 

Yeah right.... were you booing Ross when he couldnt buy a win for months on end? The double standards on here are pathetic.

After 40 odd years of following Saints I’m pretty sure I’ve booed a lot of teams.

Why do you have such a hard on for Jack Ross?

18 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

People were booing Ross I witnessed it several times.

Even last season I think it might have been the game we lost at home v Dumbarton a fan near me in the main stand shouted abuse at Ross for him to turn round and give him a long stare

Yep,  some moron abused Ross but they were the minority. I would say with Stubbs its a much bigger and vociferous set of fans who can see with their own eyes the mess. Its not just the morons this time 

7 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

thing is it might cost a bit of money to get rid of Stubbs , and then even more money to appoint someone else  ,  so if he were to go , it might be the case of Rice taking over , does your mate in Inverness rate  him ?

I would say out of the three he rates Rice. As for Stubbs I would be astounded if the club have given him a 3 year contract with no clause in that to relieve him of his duties if he’s not doing the required job.

There’s no doubt in my mind that he was the wrong man for the job. GLS and Fitzy picked him and now they have to sort out this mess or we are heading back to where we came from.

8 hours ago, suedehead said:

.........  Stubbs was a ridiculous appointment, .... I can't believe that anyone is surprised by the shit that is happening. ....

Exactly this. His record at Rotherham was terrible, worse than Tommy Craig's managerial records, but it seems to have been completely ignored or had excuses made for it.

Agree with much of what’s been said. I won’t boo, etc, but really concerned that the management team aren’t capable of arresting the decline.

couple thoughts from yesterday:

we seem to have tried every formation bar a 4-2-3-1 type structure - ironically the one formation that suits our squad. Would allow McGinn to sit with Magennis alongside and then Smith in front of them. 

Cole deserved to be hooked, but should have been done at half-time. Letting him back on for 5 mins and then doing it was hanging him out to dry and poor man management.

Players don’t look happy, even at half time Baird was strolling around looking a bit confused. Looked like he’d been given the shout that he was going on, then wasn’t.

If it’s true about Cammy then it’s utterly bonkers. He was our best player last year and is the one player in the team that can create something from nothing.

every time I see Darren Jackson I want to shout abuse at him. It’s an inbuilt thing as a St Mirren supporter I guess! 

We need to pick up points quick. I’m clinging on to the fact that Stubbs hates Hearts...

I don't doubt the players Stubbs signed are good players, I have the impression though that there may have been several players he banked on that he could sign have not materialised and his system was possibly built around them.

I know a new manager when he comes in, wants to stamp his own authority and brand of football, though surely for a team that won the league last season, you need to look back and see your best players strengths under Jack Ross' team and how they contributed to such a successful campaign.

I think we still have to take into consideration we are only 3 league games and one of those was against a team you most likely don'tbfully expect 3 points from. This week will be interesting if there is any budget left to bring in others.

I don't think it does anymore any good speculating that the dressing room has been lost. When Jack came in it looked like a lost cause and the players weren't winning.

Edited by kevo_smfc

The main mistake Stubbs made was right at the outset, with his 'you've achieved nothing, forget about last season' approach, given we all know the remarkable turnaround over the last 18 months. Telling players who were at the heart of that they've achieved nothing is the worst type of man management. That, along with poor recruitment and lack of organisation, are our main problems. 

Can he turn it round? Not if he thinks Kenny Miller is a better bet than Cammy Smith he can't. 

If I was GLS, I'd tell him he needs to make peace with the squad and bring in decent experience to help them, as long as they aren't geriatrics like Miller. He may be the manager but he needs to be accountable for the decisions he makes. 

Was it the team that the Fans were booing or was it the situation we find ourselves in that the Fans were showing their displeasure at?

Quite a lot of our team went and applauded the Fans at the end and received applause back from them.

I'd say the booing was more to let GLS know how the Fans feel rather than being aimed at the team.

2 minutes ago, HSS said:

Was it the team that the Fans were booing or was it the situation we find ourselves in that the Fans were showing their displeasure at?

Quite a lot of our team went and applauded the Fans at the end and received applause back from them.

I'd say the booing was more to let GLS know how the Fans feel rather than being aimed at the team.

Will Scott and Fitzpatrick be willing to acknowledge that they got this appointment badly wrong, though?  It doesn't reflect well on them, and I'm not convinced that they will be ready to hold their hands up any time soon. It will take more than a round or two of boos.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Will Scott and Fitzpatrick be willing to acknowledge that they got this appointment badly wrong, though?  

Maybe not but they'll have to acknowledge that the Fans ain't happy.

My biggest dissapointment was watching the passion and togetherness of Livi bench. Holt getting increasingly involved and absolutely no sign of Stubbs no instructions no encouragement. He set up the team wrong. He then makes a feckin change at the back after 60 min ??? Mcginn is too deep to start with...That was Livi ...... what the hell will another 8 teams do...... i can stand losing but agree with most on here. The players clearly have not bought into Stubbs. 6-0 would not have flattered Livi. I did say they were in better shape than us last week but got shot down. Livi are different class from us AFTER a week of supposive termoil for them.......

17 hours ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Stubbs has to be given time. Christmas then review.

I have to admit though there are worrying signs. Everyone of the signings IMO would not have got in our team last season and we look a poorer team. With the window still open let’s hope he pulls a few quality signings out the bag. Then give him time to gel the squad and see where we are at Christmas.

I remember Stubbs at Hibs playing excellent football but it looks like he is trying to go direct with us which is not pretty. We are struggling for goals and leaking at the other end which is also worrying.

IMO too early to contemplating sacking him.

Yes he does need to be given till Christmas because he needs to be the one taking the flak for the utterly shite squad HE has put together.

I don’t want another manager to have to come in with no ability to change the squad until January, so that someone like LPM can come along 18 months later to say what a shite manager he was for the first 6 months of his tenure.

If by Christmas we’re as good as relegated then so be it. We go down and we start again.

The alarms are going off left right and centre.

I'm never one to advocate a sacking especially so early on in such a long tenure.

However things just aren't right. I understand the need to put a stamp on your own team. I understand the want for your team to play your way. I totally get that it is difficult to implement your ideas on a tight unit and inprove that have been performing so well. I even know that our record against Livi in Paisley has always been atrocious so yesterday shouldn't necessarily be a sacking offence.

There are far too many stories flying about for them all to be made up.

There really needs to be some crisis chats held asap to see if these people feel they can continue to work with each other. There is absolutely no way we are going to survive in this league if they aren't all pulling in the same direction.

Stubbs is clueless, it’s quite clear for everyone to see. The way he comes across when he’s interviewed, his recruitment in the transfer window & his “tactics” are all a shambles. I know it’s early days & normally would prefer a manager to be given time but I really can’t see it working with Stubbs in charge.

When he is eventually sacked it’s going to be the most expensive one, him & his backroom staff on 3 year deals & the hopeless players he’s signed on either 2 or 3 year deals.

HUGE mistake!