Stubbs can go now

7 minutes ago, melmac said:

The club should be talking to their lawyers about getting out the contracts. The secret is to see things are not working early and deal with it, leaving it longer is mismanagement.

Correct. In the real working world there is a probation period why not football ?  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

23 minutes ago, Ethan said:

The next seven days imo will make or brake this season. If we get 4 or 5 players in of good quality then I think we can improve. However if it stays the same then its game over

Where is the money coming from because it's not if Stubbs will be sacked it's when. If we go down and I think we will a huge building programme will be needed. 

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

The next seven days imo will make or brake this season. If we get 4 or 5 players in of good quality then I think we can improve. However if it stays the same then its game over

Stubbs is not capable of getting 1 in with quality. There is not a hope in hell of 4 or 5 players coming in. The board should stop it now and deal with releasing him from his contract. Signing Miller would just compound the problem. Miller at 38 actually sums Stubbs up to a tee. Utter desperation and shambolic.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes he does need to be given till Christmas because he needs to be the one taking the flak for the utterly shite squad HE has put together.

I don’t want another manager to have to come in with no ability to change the squad until January, so that someone like LPM can come along 18 months later to say what a shite manager he was for the first 6 months of his tenure.

If by Christmas we’re as good as relegated then so be it. We go down and we start again.

Who gives a flying feck what LPM has to say. For anyone with an ounce of football knowledge and common sense sacking Stubbs and his donkeys would be the correct decision. I've never once in watching SMFC for over 50 years ever thought sacking a previous SMFC manager this early ever made any sense but in this case its as obvious as it could ever be.

5 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Stubbs is not capable of getting 1 in with quality. There is not a hope in hell of 4 or 5 players coming in. The board should stop it now and deal with releasing him from his contract. Signing Miller would just compound the problem. Miller at 38 actually sums Stubbs up to a tee. Utter desperation and shambolic.

The fact is, Miller isn't part of any plan we might possibly have. We didn't know he'd become available, yet now he seems to be the one we want. If he hadn't been sacked, who were we going for? Are we still going for them? What if we don't get Miller? What then?

It's as if we're making it up as we're going along.

Ross's transfer record was a bit hit and miss, but it didn't matter because everyone really wanted to play for him, and it showed. 

3 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

The fact is, Miller isn't part of any plan we might possibly have. We didn't know he'd become available, yet now he seems to be the one we want. If he hadn't been sacked, who were we going for? Are we still going for them? What if we don't get Miller? What then?

It's as if we're making it up as we're going along.

Ross's transfer record was a bit hit and miss, but it didn't matter because everyone really wanted to play for him, and it showed. 

To be fair, I'd heard, although it may be a load of shite, that we expressed an interest in Miller before he took the Livingston role.

Also, having spoken to a few people yesterday, it would seem that the support is split right down the middle on signing Miller.  

Edited by FTOF

8 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Who gives a flying feck what LPM has to say. For anyone with an ounce of football knowledge and common sense sacking Stubbs and his donkeys would be the correct decision. I've never once in watching SMFC for over 50 years ever thought sacking a previous SMFC manager this early ever made any sense but in this case its as obvious as it could ever be.

You also said Ross was out of his depth and we would go down.

Sometimes it's better to take a deep breath before jumping in, just saying. 

The best way forward is sacking him. Prolonging it would be worse. We'll be lucky to bring one more player in never mind 4-5.

We need a very good coach who can make us a hard working, organised team where the players know their role - i don't think Stubbs is capable of this from what I've seen.

12 hours ago, alshboy said:

Does the following article sound all to familiar for comfort, came across it tonight, very worrying.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-how-defeat-after-defeat-and-distancing-the-fans-led-to-millers-boss-alan-stubbs-downfall-1-8189965

Yeah, their fans are as needy as ours.  He gets abused at one game and then fans bleat about him not coming over to them to thank them for travelling after another away defeat. Baffling levels of entitlement there.

We have an embarassing thread spouting the same needy pish after the  QP game.

Edited by oaksoft

5 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:

Rumours currently doing the rounds are that the players don’t like Stubbs and positively loathe Darren Jackson. I’m not sure what’s going on behind the scenes, but it’s abundantly clear that the club is broken and has tumbled back down to the utter shambles of Alex Rae/ Ian Murray time.

Time for the board to sort this mess out and do it quickly because this manager is clearly not up to the job.

Rumours from where FFS. Please tell me it isnt f**king Twitter.

If you are not sure what is happening behind the scenes why post this sort of damaging shite?

5 hours ago, pod said:

If I was wanting to destabilise the club I love, would I be using my own profile when I could create a different one. 

Then you are doing this solely to appear to be ITK. There can be no other reason.

All companies have problems from time to time and go through internal disputes which require "clear the air meetings" amongst many others. Every club has unhappy employees. Every single one. You may as well report to us that players are breathing oxygen.

What your constant tripe is doing is undermining the team and helping our opponents.

All to appear to be ITK. It's not on. Not on at all.

19 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

That's Easy

The McGinn cash we have to use it.  and employ a manager who knows the league and can recruit players who are proven at this level or at least the best the championship have to offer. Stubs should be sacked on his recruitment alone.  totally shocking. 

A question to you, were you there today have you seen his team ??  have you seen his signings

That money has already been allocated to other things such as desperately needed repairs.

Any money spent on sacking him would be money we would not have in January for players.

What's your next big idea for finding money for a payoff?

Not so easy eh?

Edited by oaksoft

51 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

You clearly forget the 72-74 period when the giants of East Stirling and Forfar were hammering us? It's tough at the moment but demanding the managers head before August after 3 league games is out is ridiculous. Am I happy? Not a bit but at least give him the first quarter to judge after any new players are in and gel.

“Stubbs was inconclusive when asked whether Smith was free to leave.

He said: “I don’t know, no. At the moment, no. You know what football is like, anything can change. But as far as I am standing here now, what I have got is what I have got.

“If something happens over the weekend or next week and we feel as if it’s for the benefit of the football club and makes us stronger, then it might be something that we look at.”

The Saints boss was more certain about his desire to bring in Kenny Miller, whose departure as Livingston player/manager did not disrupt the visitors.

“We’ve registered our interest so now we are just waiting to see,” Stubbs said. “From a financial thing, I think that would be OK. It’s just what Kenny wants to do now in terms of his options.”

That interview seems to me like he wants Kenny in then move Cammy Smith on

He said: “I don’t know, no. At the moment, no. You know what football is like, anything can change. But as far as I am standing here now, what I have got is what I have got.

“If something happens over the weekend or next week and we feel as if it’s for the benefit of the football club and makes us stronger, then it might be something that we look at.”

The Saints boss was more certain about his desire to bring in Kenny Miller, whose departure as Livingston player/manager did not disrupt the visitors.

“We’ve registered our interest so now we are just waiting to see,” Stubbs said. “From a financial thing, I think that would be OK. It’s just what Kenny wants to do now in terms of his options.”

The thought of that gives me the boak.

It flies in the face of how I see St Mirren.

12 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

To be honest I have no idea how you came to that conclusion from those quotes.

He said "at the moment no" when asked about whether he was free to leave.

I think we should take him at his word on that.

That puts to bed the garbage being spouted on here by pod about Cammy being told he could go unconditionally if he could find a club.

It's the Eckersley situation all over again with people spouting all sorts of nonsense.

It is seriously disheartening to see fans deliberately trying to harm our own club in this way.

Edited by oaksoft
this way,