Stubbs can go now

2 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Did he dismantle it though ?

From the below list of departures he only really moved on Hippolyte and Stewart who were bit part at best and not really very good anyway.

Stelios – Ross never renewed his contract

Irvine – Ross released if I’m not mistaken

Davis – Wanted back down south

Smith – Returned to Hearts

Donati – Retired

Morgan – Went to Celtic

Todd – Released by Ross I’m sure

Hill – Returned to Celtic

Duffy – Punted to Airdrie

Sutton – Retired

Reilly – Arsed about with his contract and we revoked it

Hippolyte – Sold to Dunfermline

R.Stewart - Sold to County

What about Eck & Gary Mack being told they can find new clubs, errr no they're injured. Looks to me like they are in the same camp as Cammy Smith. Stubbs back-tracked on the rumour but I expect it was a case of no guarantee of first team football so feel free to leave if that's what you're looking for.

I agree that no player is bigger than the club and arguably  the manager, but why piss off the players that helped create the winning mentality and feel-good factor around the club that put the club back in the SPL without giving them some sort of reassurance? Strikes me that Stubbs was must have had a note from his Mum for the day they did man management during his coaching badges. 

Just now, DXBBud said:

What about Eck & Gary Mack being told they can find new clubs, errr no they're injured. Looks to me like they are in the same camp as Cammy Smith. Stubbs back-tracked on the rumour but I expect it was a case of no guarantee of first team football so feel free to leave if that's what you're looking for.

I agree that no player is bigger than the club and arguably  the manager, but why piss off the players that helped create the winning mentality and feel-good factor around the club that put the club back in the SPL without giving them some sort of reassurance? Strikes me that Stubbs was must have had a note from his Mum for the day they did man management during his coaching badges. 

Is that fact though or just 'in the know' Twitter nonsense? Even if it is true, is it really that much of an issue that they have been told they can go if someone wants them?  

He has far from dismantled the Championship winning side. That was done by Ross or players leaving themselves.

27 minutes ago, div said:

Personally I don't really care if the manager comes to engage with the fans at the end of a game, but away from home especially it costs nothing to thank the supporters for the time and money they've spent coming to back the team.

I do find it incredible though that a manager can sit in the dug out and watch his team put in such an abject performance without any encouragement at all.

A good manager needs to be a good leader.

I think these are fair points Div. I spent a lot of time coaching industry leaders in different countries on effective leadership behaviours.

For my money, when a manager is on duty he has professional behaviours to follow.

Good practice is that the manager acknowledges the fans and understands also how their body language communicates .

All one has to do to see this at its most graphic is to visualise the picture of Scotland Manager Ally McLeod with his head in his hands in Argentina.

Div a think he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. The bloke is trying tae find his feet, he needs oor support. He's been getting nuthin but shit from disgruntled fans an he's barely unpacked his suitcase. He needs a bit of a break, like a 3-0 win and a gutsy performance from the team. That would give him the opportunity tae come ontae the pitch at the end i the game an gi the players a pat on the back and players an manager then applaud the supporters. They should applaud the fans at the end o every game win, lose or draw. ....... that would go a long way to earning much needed respect. 

I was at the Aberdeen game. I'm not saying I'm a big Derek McInnes fan. But even at 3.0 up he's was still on his feet encouraging his players and he done it for 90mins. Very rarely do you see AS on his feet encouraging his players. I think his communication skills are very low. I hope I'm wrong. But I fear the worse.

Did he dismantle it though ?
From the below list of departures he only really moved on Hippolyte and Stewart who were bit part at best and not really very good anyway.
Stelios – Ross never renewed his contract
Irvine – Ross released if I’m not mistaken
Davis – Wanted back down south
Smith – Returned to Hearts

Donati – Retired
Morgan – Went to Celtic
Todd – Released by Ross I’m sure
Hill – Returned to Celtic

Duffy – Punted to Airdrie
Sutton – Retired
Reilly – Arsed about with his contract and we revoked it
Hippolyte – Sold to Dunfermline
R.Stewart - Sold to County
Fair shout. But, his signings wouldn't have got in our squad for last year's Championship. There were 3 occasions we had players run into each other on Saturday. That suggests to me that players don't know what they're doing or have no clue who each other is. It's poor. He's had preseason, the league cup games and still, a week from close, our team is dreadful. Not asking for him to go. Not my business asking for someone to lose their job, but the boos at halftime and full-time were ominous..

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I don't think that a decline is inevitable.  I do think that we need to be more realistic in our expectations. 

42 to 44 points from 38 matches will see a team to safety in this league.. An average of just over 1 point per game. 

Livvy have a great record against us head to head. 

They play simple,  quick football,  look to create corners and set pieces and attack the resulting crosses in the air. 

We didn't defend,  we didn't pick up second balls,  we didn't pick up runners. 

Alan Stubbs wasn't playing.  

There is no way we are going to get anywhere near that points total not with this team. I will stick my kneck out right now if we don't do something we will not only be relegated but with the lowest points total ever. 

46 minutes ago, div said:

Personally I don't really care if the manager comes to engage with the fans at the end of a game, but away from home especially it costs nothing to thank the supporters for the time and money they've spent coming to back the team.

I do find it incredible though that a manager can sit in the dug out and watch his team put in such an abject performance without any encouragement at all.

A good manager needs to be a good leader.

Utter drivel.

Many managers don't feel the need to be out of the dug out, which does next to nothing to the players on the field.

The manager should have done his job before the game.

This pish get's trotted out as another reason to bash the manager.

5 minutes ago, buddygreat said:
26 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Fair shout. But, his signings wouldn't have got in our squad for last year's Championship. There were 3 occasions we had players run into each other on Saturday. That suggests to me that players don't know what they're doing or have no clue who each other is. It's poor. He's had preseason, the league cup games and still, a week from close, our team is dreadful. Not asking for him to go. Not my business asking for someone to lose their job, but the boos at halftime and full-time were ominous..

Don't get me wrong. His signings and results have been horrific. However, I'm just merely pointing out that he never decimated our squad from last season.  It seems a lot of people think he did.

Just now, helpmaboab said:

Never mind sticking yer neck oot, pull yer heid in insteed. Cut the negative crap. Leave the building Elvis, take yer hound dog fur a walk.

Let's wait and see then. I can safely say this is one off the poorest teams I have witnessed in 46 years. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Utter drivel.

Many managers don't feel the need to be out of the dug out, which does next to nothing to the players on the field.

The manager should have done his job before the game.

This pish get's trotted out as another reason to bash the manager.

You think the managers job stops at 3pm mate, aye?

That's drivel and pish alright.

Guest TPAFKATS
So what are you suggesting.....................obviously everyone should be held accountable, but are you suggesting removing him after us qualifying from the league cup and playing 3 league games?
The winning goal against Dundee was lucky, 70 of the 90 minutes we were the better team. 
FFS, gie it a rest. 
You reckon we were better than Dundee for 70 mins?
FFS, gie it a rest.

Difference being JR was left with Raes dross till Jan. Stubbs was left a championship winning squad and dismantled it. I'm not saying he should be sacked. But he's got till the window is closed to get some decent players in or his job is in danger.

Imo they were left with pretty similar squads.

Jack done great in getting the right players in.

Stubbs was left with several players who aren’t good enough or even fit enough to play a lot of games in the premiership we can’t afford passengers that sit in the stand this year need to make the most of our budget.

We needed more quality than last year and we haven’t added that

we need pace and a bit of width added to the squad we haven’t got that

We needed an even stronger center back pairing than last year and we haven’t got that it’s got worse jack is our best defender so far this year and he wasn’t even the 2nd best last year.

Stubbs needs to work a miracle in this last week of the window to get some quality in but more importantly in the positions that we badly need strengthening.

I don't really care a hoot if he waves or blows kisses from the centre circle.  don't even care that he sits watching the game from the dugout. He's already stated that's he's not one for ranting and raving from the touchline and that's fine by me most players and managers will tell you once they cross the line players don't listen anyway.. My problem with him is his signings and the assembly of the squad.. I fear it's to late in the day to rectify this and his days are numbered and so is our stay in this league.. would love him to prove me wrong. as i really want him to succeed.. if he manages to sign Kenny Miller I think he could be signing his own replacement.. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Did I say that? :blink:

You think a manger has to be out of the dug out to be a decent manager, aye? :1eye

Utter drivel. 

I expect a manager to cajole and encourage from the sidelines.

I'd say that's very much the norm rather than the exception.

Instead we got this. 

DlhdVaqX4AAe1rv.jpg

7 minutes ago, div said:

I expect a manager to cajole and encourage from the sidelines.

I'd say that's very much the norm rather than the exception.

Instead we got this. 

DlhdVaqX4AAe1rv.jpg

Great, a snap shot and you use it to back up your obvious view. :thumbsdown

As I said, plenty successful managers don't feel the need to be out of the dug out.

They do the work during the week, make changes as required,  you are a bit simple to think they can influence the play by shouting from the sidelines. :lol:

PS See below. 

Edited by faraway saint

6 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I don't really care a hoot if he waves or blows kisses from the centre circle.  don't even care that he sits watching the game from the dugout. He's already stated that's he's not one for ranting and raving from the touchline and that's fine by me most players and managers will tell you once they cross the line players don't listen anyway.. My problem with him is his signings and the assembly of the squad.. I fear it's to late in the day to rectify this and his days are numbered and so is our stay in this league.. would love him to prove me wrong. as i really want him to succeed.. if he manages to sign Kenny Miller I think he could be signing his own replacement.. 

Indeed, as most people who have played football will agree with.