Stubbs can go now

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Far too much realism in your post Spam.

Of course the manager (any manager) should also allow players to choose the games they play in (Boyata/Rodgers) and the position (Suggested Smith/Stubbs)

So you're forgetting about the players he's brought in? How many fill you with a huge amount of confidence that they'll come good? And do you think Stubbs will improve them? I'm not seeing it.

I am not sure how effective Stubbs would be if he was wielding a set of flags or issuing various smoke signals. I would pay to see that TBH. I remember Lennon handing Potter what looked like an extended novel during a match. [emoji3]
Seeriously though, there is very little any manager can do once the game is in play.

Listen, I agree with the notion that if players don’t understand what’s expected of them after a week of preparation on the training pitch then there’s not much the manager can do.

However, I still like the idea of him looking like he gives a f**k to sort of convey the idea that he gives a f**k and that he’d like the players to follow suit.

Just now, DLBud said:

Listen, I agree with the notion that if players don’t understand what’s expected of them after a week of preparation on the training pitch then there’s not much the manager can do.

However, I still like the idea of him looking like he gives a f**k to sort of convey the idea that he gives a f**k and that he’d like the players to follow suit.

And you think that by being out of the dug out shows he gives a fcuk? :lol:

If the choice is between a huffy and lazy Cammy Smith who has barely tried a leg so far this season, or a 39 year old Kenny Miller giving it his all, then I'll take Kenny Miller please. And if McGinn and Magennis are going to spend the rest of the season wandering around midfield in a huff, bitching about the manager and contributing f**k all because their pal didn't get picked, then they can go too.

FFS now Cammy is persona non grata but Kenny f**king Miller, less than 3 months removed from being turfed out of Ibrox for being a disruptive influence is the answer?

For the record, I haven’t seen Smith, Magennis or McGinn not trying his season. They have been poor by the standards they set themselves but that is it.

This is descending into farce now.

2 minutes ago, DLBud said:

FFS now Cammy is persona non grata but Kenny f**king Miller, less than 3 months removed from being turfed out of Ibrox for being a disruptive influence is the answer?

For the record, I haven’t seen Smith, Magennis or McGinn not trying his season. They have been poor by the standards they set themselves but that is it.

This is descending into farce now.

As is trying to make an issue if Stubbs is or isn't in the fecking dug out. :lol:

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Body language is important. If players look across and see the manager looking dejected it's not going to inspire them.

Having had time to reflect, I think there's only one way the club can go right now. That involves some mediation at board level to mend things in the dressing room, as part of that Stubbs being told not to sell our best players, but being given money to sign 3 to 4 good experienced players (probably a goalie, centre half, left mid and striker) to try and give the team a spine and more experience and leadership. That way, we might have a chance of becoming competitive and staying up.

Recent turns of events are confusing, as most people in the game have AS down as a good guy and the players were apparently very happy he was appointed. It's therefore strange things have gone so bad so quickly, which makes me think there might be some hope of salvaging things. Either that or my original theory that the manager was Anthony Stokes wearing an Alan Stubbs mask was correct.

Edited by Hendo

38 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

LPM you keep going about a "supposed" crowd.... who is in this crowd? I state my honest opinion whether it's popular or not. IMO Stubbs needs to go. You think otherwise, so you're part of the "crowd" who want to keep then surely?

And i said... hey, yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah whats going on...?

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No but sitting on your arse while your weeks planning clearly isn't being executed correctly tends to give the impression that you are incapable of changing things. It wasn't working on Saturday. Whether that was down to the players execution or the message not being conveyed correctly to them is irrelevant, either way he needed to try and get the right instructions across during the game however he appeared incapable or unwilling to do so which is a bad sign in anyone's eyes. That attitude appeared to seep into the players. Leadership stems from the top.

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

No but sitting on your arse while your weeks planning clearly isn't being executed correctly tends to give the impression that you are incapable of changing things. It wasn't working on Saturday. Whether that was down to the players execution or the message not being conveyed correctly to them is irrelevant, either way he needed to try and get the right instructions across during the game however he appeared incapable or unwilling to do so which is a bad sign in anyone's eyes. That attitude appeared to seep into the players. Leadership stems from the top.

Sorry, players, when they are on the park, tend to get on with it.

How do you know there was no communication between the bench and the players?

Whatever is going on using the this is piss poor IMO. 

Serious question.

Something seems to be wrong at the club and, given how quickly this seems to have escalated, it’s unlikely to be about a few pish results. We’re St Mirren FFS, that happens to us all the time.

I’d like to believe that it’s not about some being asked to play in unfamiliar positions or some of the new guys being shite as that would be really unprofessional if true.

Players also get released every year so can it really be that? I mean there was no foaming at the mouth when Stelios & Sutton (both popular players) were let go.

Which leaves us with the management team. Stubbs seemed to be welcomed at the beginning so what’s changed? If, as was suggested elsewhere, he rubbished the achievements of last years team then that wouldn’t help endear him to the senior pros but it’s hardly cause for this meltdown.

It’s entirely possible it’s a combo of all of the above unless someone ITK can tell us different.

Just really frustrating given the optimism surrounding the club. There were 4,100 home fans on Sat for a game against Livi. How many will be there next Friday v the Champions?[emoji848]

Something needs to change fast or this could get very f**king ugly. Not sure I’d want to join this shitfest right now unless I was out of work.

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sorry, players, when they are on the park, tend to get on with it.

How do you know there was no communication between the bench and the players?

Whatever is going on using the this is piss poor IMO. 

Eh, because I was there and could see it. Rice and Jackson were barking instructions frequently but not Stubbs. The message wasn't getting across but he remained Sat on his arse looking disinterested. Don't know about your workplace but if instructions are not being followed and the  line managers cannot alter that, the boss steps in. You seem satisfied to accept everything in their power was done but the players either chose to ignore it or were not capable of implementing it. That alone as a boss would have me angry enough to get off my backside and try and change it. 

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

48 minutes ago, DLBud said:

How about 3.17 into this as posted earlier?  Don't look to be trying to me ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/45316797

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Eh, because I was there and could see it. Rice and Jackson were barking instructions frequently but not Stubbs. The message wasn't getting across but he remained Sat on his arse looking disinterested. Don't know about your workplace but if instructions are not being followed and the  line managers cannot alter that, the boss steps in. You seem satisfied to accept everything in their power was done but the players either chose to ignore it or were not capable of implementing it. That alone as a boss would have me angry enough to get off my backside and try and change it. 

So, there was communication...................and isn't it possible Stubbs could have been passing this onto this assistants or were you watching him for the whole 90 minutes? 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

So, there was communication...................and isn't it possible Stubbs could have been passing this onto this assistants or were you watching him for the whole 90 minutes? 

I was right next to livi bench at 2-0 martindale and holt were playing good cop bad cop. Rice had his arms crossed and Stubbs was no where. Lots of discussion but we like to see some passion in defeat. That was not in evidence from the players or management team. I want Stubbs to stay but we need more than we are seeing. Maybe he is just shy ??

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I assume he was but your missing the point totally. The communication wasn't being executed so he just accepted that. He either accepted the players were blatantly ignoring or disobeying instructions or he accepted the message wasn't been conveyed correctly. Only possible explanations short of them not having the ability to execute the instructions. Whatever the reason he chose not to try to get the message over personally which in my eyes shows a lack of leadership. He just accepted the situation.

5 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

Falkirk have done the right thing!

I’ll bet their manager wasn’t a few weeks into a three year deal. There’s Rice and Jackson too, as well as the players signed recently. No funds to offload and bring in (or bring back) replacements requested by a new management team. Whatever anyone thinks AS is going nowhere anytime soon, so we’d better get used to it. And hope and trust AS to get his message across and turn this mess around.

KTF & COYS

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I assume he was but your missing the point totally. The communication wasn't being executed so he just accepted that. He either accepted the players were blatantly ignoring or disobeying instructions or he accepted the message wasn't been conveyed correctly. Only possible explanations short of them not having the ability to execute the instructions. Whatever the reason he chose not to try to get the message over personally which in my eyes shows a lack of leadership. He just accepted the situation.

Agree - need leadership from the management team, but also need players to step up to the plate and be leaders on the pitch too.