Stubbs can go now

15 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I never saw your gran play, but I am confident that you are correct. Even more shocking is that our management team put him in before Bairdy on Saturday. When we were 2 down the swap Bairdy for KP led to no further goals... Someone NEEDS to point this out to our management team - basic errors cost us points and this current meltdown....

Wasn't Baird involved in a basic error against Rangers? :blink:

Didn't Samson make a basic error against Aberdeen? 

I would put both of these above the bad marking on Saturday. 

Edited by faraway saint

18 minutes ago, buddygreat said:

What's going on there. He's just a big 'unit'. The proverbial oil tanker can turn quicker than him. I don't get who is looking at these guys before they come to St mirren
Stubbsys scouting needs reviewed and quickly.

I heard from a guy who sits near me in the west stand, who heard it on good authority, from a guy who knows someone on P&B that Darren Jackson is getting a cut from the transfers because he's setting up deals with his old agent buddies.

Guaranteed reliable info.

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I heard from a guy who sits near me in the west stand, who heard it on good authority, from a guy who knows someone on P&B that Darren Jackson is getting a cut from the transfers because he's setting up deals with his old agent buddies.

Guaranteed reliable info.

Did you get it in writing. :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I never saw your gran play, but I am confident that you are correct. Even more shocking is that our management team put him in before Bairdy on Saturday. When we were 2 down the swap Bairdy for KP led to no further goals... Someone NEEDS to point this out to our management team - basic errors cost us points and this current meltdown....

Isn't it more likely Livi were happy enough to win 2-0?

My interpretation of the final scoreline is that is was due to the dynamics of the match rather than replacing one error prone defender with another.

As Stepen McGinn EAB said on another thread we need "an experienced centre half, someone with 200-300 first team appearances behind them".

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Isn't it more likely Livi were happy enough to win 2-0?

My interpretation of the final scoreline is that is was due to the dynamics of the match rather than replacing one error prone defender with another.

As Stepen McGinn EAB said on another thread we need "an experienced centre half, someone with 200-300 first team appearances behind them".

Livi couldnt believe their luck in the first half. Heard Holt on the radio after and he said his pre match team talk was "you've already got a point before we kick off.. dont lose it' which pretty much sums up their attitude last season, and in the second half. Basically they just sat back in the second half and watched us play like the keystone cops.

I wouldn't say the writing is on the wall YET but it isn't looking good so far. I also remember that there was an outcry from some after the appointment of Jack Ross, after his work at Alloa hadn't went that well, and to start off we still weren't winning games and a lot of forum posters called for him to be given the shove- I will openly admit I was a doubting Thomas, but was proved wrong(thankfully). I think we need to see if we can get a few decent faces in while the transfer window is open and see if we start getting the results we need. And just on the contract offered to AS, I think 3 years is insane especially in this day and age when results are critical. I would have given a one year initial then a further 1 or 2 year contract dependant on performance, with certain criteria that need to be met

Well there are a few players available to sign one is Darren O’Dea from Dundee who has around 250 appearances at centre back could be the experienced defender we need.Dom Thomas a young winger is available aged only 22 has around 70 appearances four Killie Well and QOS so there are players available another is Ryan Dow prev Dundee Utd and now County.

3 minutes ago, Deekthebuddie said:

I wouldn't say the writing is on the wall YET but it isn't looking good so far. I also remember that there was an outcry from some after the appointment of Jack Ross, after his work at Alloa hadn't went that well, and to start off we still weren't winning games and a lot of forum posters called for him to be given the shove- I will openly admit I was a doubting Thomas, but was proved wrong(thankfully). I think we need to see if we can get a few decent faces in while the transfer window is open and see if we start getting the results we need. And just on the contract offered to AS, I think 3 years is insane especially in this day and age when results are critical. I would have given a one year initial then a further 1 or 2 year contract dependant on performance, with certain criteria that need to be met

The problem now is we're  in a league that is a major step up from the Championship. 

This isn't detracting from the achievement of Ross but we, IMO, were always going to struggle this season with limited resources and no rich owner willing to pour cash into the club. 

1 hour ago, div said:

I don't mind being pulled up for anything I write online, but I certainly will defend myself.

I'm a better defender than big Cole :thumbsup

Had the opportunity to read the tweets you posted on here, and they don't resemble the take on their wording i picked up from others who commented on them. In short my original opinion on them was wrong. They dont read like club fed propoganda.

i'm not a fan of ITK gossip when it appears to be deliberate destabilising. But i hold my hands up when i'm wrong.

The problem now is we're  in a league that is a major step up from the Championship. 
This isn't detracting from the achievement of Ross but we, IMO, were always going to struggle this season with limited resources and no rich owner willing to pour cash into the club. 
I agree but sometimes our bums start to squeak a bit prematurely, think we can all give a judgement on AS after the window closes and we see who we have. I was always realistic about how we would do this season but also believe we need to give ourselves an aiming point, and if we do better than that then happy days.

7 minutes ago, Deekthebuddie said:
12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I agree but sometimes our bums start to squeak a bit prematurely, think we can all give a judgement on AS after the window closes and we see who we have. I was always realistic about how we would do this season but also believe we need to give ourselves an aiming point, and if we do better than that then happy days.

Get away? :lol:

31 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Well there are a few players available to sign one is Darren O’Dea from Dundee who has around 250 appearances at centre back could be the experienced defender we need.Dom Thomas a young winger is available aged only 22 has around 70 appearances four Killie Well and QOS so there are players available another is Ryan Dow prev Dundee Utd and now County.

Exactly from where we should have been recruiting. Players who know the Scottish game.   

Meanwhile in Sunderland.... 

It seems by various vids ive seen (that i cannot share on here), that the craic' and banter within our squad this season is top notch. Max Power shares various vids on facebook etc and some of them are funny.
Hes got abit of a thing going with Donald Love where he's pretending hes stalking him and his latest vid is of him videoing him in the passenger seat tonight with Catts driving calling him the goal machine with Catts pishing himself laughing.
Power seems to have made a massive impact on and off the pitch and we're so lucky to have a lad like him in our squad.
Rewind 12 months ago and how many miserable kunts did we have? Gibson, Williams, Kone, Grabban etc etc. All miserable looking feckers.

We have so much to thank Ross for. We are now a proper team thats becoming close to matching the quality of us fans.\

It's called effective man management. Jack Ross knows how to develop a positive culture and team spirit.  Looking at our scenario I believe Alan Stubbs had "done a Butcher" by telling players they can go before replacing them effectively.  In terms of bad  performances so far this season I would say only the Ian Murray era  eclipses  them and not by much.

He has signed no mark non league players or players that haven't seen a first team game in yonks. He has alienated the players left from last season.  Anyone who thinks this is going to end well is seriously deluded.  Even if we punt Stubbs tomorrow it's going to be a long way back. Look forward to championship football next year. Barring two teams getting booted out of league a la Sevco ,we are fecked. 

49 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Had the opportunity to read the tweets you posted on here, and they don't resemble the take on their wording i picked up from others who commented on them. In short my original opinion on them was wrong. They dont read like club fed propoganda.

i'm not a fan of ITK gossip when it appears to be deliberate destabilising. But i hold my hands up when i'm wrong.

Yet last season you attempted to trash anything and everything achieved by Jack Ross. Our most successful manager in a very long time.  Was that not an attempt at destabilising ?

55 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So what should Stubbs do ?

Go out sign players with no first team experience or players from a show peace game to spot talent .

Aye that sounds like a recipe to run away with the league.

Keep reading how Stubbs has dismantled the championship winning side.

In reality, JR left Stubbs with 1 fit defender from last season's side - Jack Baird. And he wasn't even first choice!

Stubbs has been left o completely rebuild the defence.

In addition, we also lost our best player by a mile, Lewis Morgan. Without him, we had a mid table Championship squad.

We also managed to win the league despite our main striker only scoring 11 goals.

No defence, no best player and no striker capable to scoring goals in the Premiership. Its more or less had to be a complete rebuild job that Stubbs has been left with.

Problem is though, that most of the guys that Stubbs has signed just aren't up to it.....

22 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So what should Stubbs do ?

Go out sign players with no first team experience or players from a show peace game to spot talent .

Aye that sounds like a recipe to run away with the league.

He signed 2 players from the v9 academy.

Pre season, we were being told that Stubbs needed to sign 20 million new players. Taking 2 from v9 isn't really a lot!

JR signed guys like Stewart, Kirkpatrick & Tod from the part time lower divisions as squad fillers. Nobody had a meltdown about that!

9 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

In reality, JR left Stubbs with 1 fit defender from last season's side - Jack Baird. And he wasn't even first choice!

In addition, we also lost our best player by a mile, Lewis Morgan. Without him, we had a mid table Championship squad.

We also managed to win the league despite our main striker only scoring 11 goals.

No defence, no best player and no striker capable to scoring goals in the Premiership. Its more or less had to be a complete rebuild job that Stubbs has been left with.

Problem is though, that most of the guys that Stubbs has signed just aren't up to it.....

Agree with all that you write until the last sentence. I would agree that we have so far failed to fill key positions with enough players experienced at this level.  Experienced Centreback,  Experienced Striker and Pacy Winger.  Maybe this week? 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

1. Wasn't Baird involved in a basic error against Rangers? :blink:

2. Didn't Samson make a basic error against Aberdeen? 

3. I would put both of these above the bad marking on Saturday. 

1. Firstly, the 1st Gers goal was down to more than a BAIRD error, though he did play his part in it - as he lost the ball, but who was covering the guy standing on his own who passed it back to Morelos??

2. Yes Samson sold a goal too - but has made numerous saves or we would have had even worse scores.. Why don't you mention the 3 goals that Coulson was at fault in during the Aberdeen game?

3. Not sure why you would put these before Saturday - the consequences are at least as bad, if not worse losing to Livi? And I did say previously that everyone makes mistakes, just that those at the back are often highlighted more because of the consequences. The basic Error I was referring to was the Manager not seeing that KP is nowhere near as good a player as BAIRD is - just as KP cost us the 1st against Livi, Alfie cost us the second.. when Baird was on the field Alfie actually played better too..

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

1. Isn't it more likely Livi were happy enough to win 2-0?

2. My interpretation of the final scoreline is that is was due to the dynamics of the match rather than replacing one error prone defender with another.

3. As Stepen McGinn EAB said on another thread we need "an experienced centre half, someone with 200-300 first team appearances behind them".

1. NAW, and they did try for more. They had plenty more attempts than we did in both halves... but since they got no more goals, their attempts were clearly better defended against. (I remember Baird taking the ball off the toe of their player at the front post when it looked like No.3 - we can never know, but KP I doubt would have got to that (lack of speed and not as good at reading the game). I think that it is far more likely that Livi players would smell blood and try and ram it home - and why not? What player doesn't fancy a goal when the opposition are weak????? I have played in games like this and 10 outfield players all see their name on the team sheet.

2. All defenders are prone to errors that cost goals. Baird is the best we have at the club at the moment (my opinion and not everyone's I know), and he is now more mature than when he played in the top league previously. KP, Alfie have never played at this level (and it shows) As for the unwanted unfit and slower MACK, who cost us at least as many goals as Baird last season but played in less games, he is not even available for selection..  If you really watch what Baird contributes with the eyes of an experienced defender, it is not fancy but very often really effective. And he often picks up from the errors passed to him by midfielders who lose their man time and time again.... Funny that BAIRD is the longest serving player we currently have and all the managers have ended up playing him in more games than not...…played in more games last season than MacK and Davis combined or not far from it - and it was a successful season if I remember rightly

NOT sure what you mean by the dynamics of the match - it is not obvious what you are referring to. Two halves we were the poorer team. Two halves they were attacking us and trying to score goals. Our second half stats other than losing goals were pretty much the same as the first half.

3. From point 3. above I completely agree we need another CB. Someone to partner Baird (who is our most experienced CB in the Premiership) OR we need 2 who are better than him...

Edited by Sweeper07
typo and punctuation errors

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Jack Baird was first choice more often than MacK and Davis combined or very nearly last season.. I believe that he was dropped in favour of the other two to encourage them to sign back on for this season. BUT overall BAIRD's contribution was more significant than either...

Problem is Stubbs has attempted to rebuild the defence with inexperienced, not good enough players who are all costing us more goals than BAIRD.... e.g. Coulson at fault in 3 against Aberdeen - now I could have seen him having been dropped for Saturday, but hey ho, he is one of Stubbs new boys...