Stubbs can go now

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

Should that be ‘Your village will be wondering where you are’? Sorry, I don’t talk moron.

Still, you should use an emoji now and then. It really emphasises your condescending side and doesn’t make you look like a unintelligent 17 year old at all... promise!

Really?  :blink:

Another standard meaningless term used on the forum which, TBH, is bollox. :byebye

PS I do like the 17 year old bit right enough. :lol:

1 hour ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I say it again we need to sign experienced guys right now who know what it is like to play in our top league and those guys are available NOW.Starting with Darren O’Dea aged 31 solid Centre Back with over 250 games.Dom Thomas good winger with over 70 games for Well and Killie still only 22 and Scot Under 21 player.Also Ryan Dow former Utd now County yet young and experienced go get them Stubbsy.

Rumour is we have move players on to bring more in

No cash available

WTF

Just now, windae cleaner said:

Rumour is we have move players on to bring more in

No cash available

WTF

IF true, questions needs to be asked..................whre has all the money gone?

Sure the manager has to take responsibility for the players we have but if we're offering pish poor money.....................could indicate little ambition? 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Keeping the purse strings tight because Stubbs has wasted a lot of money already . Our biggest transfer fee in decade and he can't get near the team. It's time for Stubbs to swim with very little more. Our next signing if true is a central midfielder. Seriously?  Have laid my cards on the table he will be gone by the Hibs game if not before. This is not about Alan Stubbs who I'm sure is a nice bloke. This is about St Mirren Football Club. 

Have you listened to what Stubbs says in arriving at your view he is a nice bloke?

He is always blaming others and taking a step back from responsibility, little wonder he can't get the players working for him, would you?

Unless he gets that he is part of the team that is struggling badly and that the fans care about the club and he should too, then we are in for a very trying time.  Better to stick with him now, but someone needs to read the riot act to Alan Stubbs tonight.

His atitude is not how we do things here, ask Alex Rae!

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Many overlook the fact Ross left us with a number of long term injuries, and players he knew were not up to premiership standard. 

But he did get us promoted.  Stubbs has a bigger budget than Ross did and so far that's worked out well...

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Many overlook the fact Ross left us with a number of long term injuries, and players he knew were not up to premiership standard. 

I really don't agree with that argument. Its along the same lines as the argument people made when they blamed Alex Ferguson for the poor and ageing squad he left Moyes.

Judge a manager for what they have done during their time. Ross left at the start of the summer. I don't think anyone would expect to have a premiership standard squad at that point. I have no doubt Ross would have assembled a better squad than this.

3 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

But he did get us promoted.  Stubbs has a bigger budget than Ross did and so far that's worked out well...

Hmm does he have a bigger budget?

we got £500k for winning the league

£300k for Morgan

£40k for Stewart

£1m from McGinn sell on

we spent £75k on Heaton

and we are relying on half a dozen loanees, and a handful of free agents.

so where has the best part of £2million gone..? Thats the question that needs answered!

3 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I really don't agree with that argument. Its along the same lines as the argument people made when they blamed Alex Ferguson for the poor and ageing squad he left Moyes.

Judge a manager for what they have done during their time. Ross left at the start of the summer. I don't think anyone would expect to have a premiership standard squad at that point. I have no doubt Ross would have assembled a better squad than this.

I know he would have, thats my point Ross knew we needed a complete overhaul, and was doing that.

11 minutes ago, Hagleybuddies said:

Have you listened to what Stubbs says in arriving at your view he is a nice bloke?

He is always blaming others and taking a step back from responsibility, little wonder he can't get the players working for him, would you?

Unless he gets that he is part of the team that is struggling badly and that the fans care about the club and he should too, then we are in for a very trying time.  Better to stick with him now, but someone needs to read the riot act to Alan Stubbs tonight.

His atitude is not how we do things here, ask Alex Rae!

Listening to sport on Radio Scotland an explayer I don't know who said, the most important thing with a player is to feel wanted by the manager it's above all else. Made me think of Stubbs , you can find another club you , you , you , you also. 

1 minute ago, LargsBud said:

Largs..... Both of you have valid points in my opinion.  JR had acknowledged that the squad needed huge improvement.  Had he remained then he would hav  had more time to put those plans in place.  I was / am a fan of JR as a manager but he has gone and the timing, for us,  compounded the difficulty in bringing in suitable players.  Injuries to Elk and Big Mac have been persistent during their time with us.  Again,  I am a fan of these players. We are where we are.  The board, Tony and AS now have to complete the job of building the squad.  Yes... He will move people on.. And I might be a fan of that player or players but that's what managers do.  Time will tell. 

11 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

How do you know Stubbs has a bigger budget than Ross?

You think Stubbs signed a 3 year contract on the premise that his Premiership budget was lower that our Championship budget ? :wacko:

17 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

How do you know Stubbs has a bigger budget than Ross?

Don't you know that when you make a post on here that you suddenly inherit expert knowledge of every financial aspect concerning the club?

You should pop over to the thread concerning the bigot brothers getting an extra stand. You'll witness some people making a complete arse of themselves, by claiming to know how much policing/stewarding etc. costs, whilst simultaneously dazzling us all with their calculations regarding the money that will be made from the extra bigot fans. Happy smiley 194

P.S. Common sense would dictate that it's very likely that Stubbs has a bigger budget than Ross.

Edited by FTOF

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Don't you know that when you make a post on here that you suddenly inherit expert knowledge of every financial aspect concerning the club?

No  expert knowledge required on this occasion though , common sense tells you that much bigger income on a bigger stage means a much bigger budget !

27 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hmm does he have a bigger budget?

we got £500k for winning the league

£300k for Morgan

£40k for Stewart

£1m from McGinn sell on

we spent £75k on Heaton

and we are relying on half a dozen loanees, and a handful of free agents.

so where has the best part of £2million gone..? Thats the question that needs answered!

Do we not get tv money as well? If so the his budget will almost definitely be bigger.

24 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Largs..... Both of you have valid points in my opinion.  JR had acknowledged that the squad needed huge improvement.  Had he remained then he would hav  had more time to put those plans in place.  I was / am a fan of JR as a manager but he has gone and the timing, for us,  compounded the difficulty in bringing in suitable players.  Injuries to Elk and Big Mac have been persistent during their time with us.  Again,  I am a fan of these players. We are where we are.  The board, Tony and AS now have to complete the job of building the squad.  Yes... He will move people on.. And I might be a fan of that player or players but that's what managers do.  Time will tell. 

and yet Jack Ross offered Gary MacKenzie a new deal which was signed about 2 weeks before he left for Sunderland. Jack Ross clearly differed from Alan Stubbs in his assessment of Gary MacKenzie and Gavin Reilly who were both offered new deals for life in the premiership. I'm reckoning he might also differ in his assessment of some of Stubbs' signings and their suitability for life in the premiership too!

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

and yet Jack Ross offered Gary MacKenzie a new deal which was signed about 2 weeks before he left for Sunderland. Jack Ross clearly differed from Alan Stubbs in his assessment of Gary MacKenzie and Gavin Reilly who were both offered new deals for life in the premiership. I'm reckoning he might also differ in his assessment of some of Stubbs' signings and their suitability for life in the premiership too!

Completely agree with you.  They differed in their assessment.  There will be players at Sunderland who will have been moved down or moved out by JR. 

Nothing unusual there. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Exactly.
If Jack Ross had stayed he would have rebuilt the squad. He had already started by releasing a number he thought weren't up to the coming season.
In fact he brought guys like hippolyte and mullen in during last season with a view to this season.
He also left us early enough for us to get a new guy in and rebuild.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Exactly.
If Jack Ross had stayed he would have rebuilt the squad. He had already started by releasing a number he thought weren't up to the coming season.
In fact he brought guys like hippolyte and mullen in during last season with a view to this season.
He also left us early enough for us to get a new guy in and rebuild.

Yeah he left Eckersley And McKenzie who both need re-building.