Stubbs can go now

1 minute ago, farmer john said:

he must have had managerial skills when winning Hibs the Scottish Cup and getting the 'big' move South
Where are all these skills now?
Maybe he will turn it round.
At least Livingston, Hamilton and Dundee lost...that is important too.

Well apart from United and Livi who are in 3rd place

2 minutes ago, farmer john said:

he must have had managerial skills when winning Hibs the Scottish Cup and getting the 'big' move South

He had 3 or 4 Scotland squad players in that team.

One game at Hibs saved his reputation. Most reasonable Hibs Fans concede this.
He failed to get them promoted twice and lost out in important cup/play off games to weaker sides.
Very much a nearly man as a manager.

Just now, buddies1877 said:

I don’t think any decent manager will touch the job now just need a Gus McPherson type that can set us up to be difficult to beat if that’s even possible with this squad.

Rubbish.... we have been here before except Craig got far to long. We must not make that mistake again...... do a Falkirk. Get a man now be ruthless.

Rubbish.... we have been here before except Craig got far to long. We must not make that mistake again...... do a Falkirk. Get a man now be ruthless.

Yeah then we had to give the job to players that were in our squad till the end of the season.

What decent manager wants to risk their reputation when all our budget will be blown if we have to pay Stubbs off a 3 year deal.

Stubbs won't walk. You walk, the club owes nothing. Club approaches him, a negotiation can take place to reach a settlement. Sack him, we stump up 3 year contract. Don't know why people feel sorry for managers. They can do 10 games, make a mess of a club and it's team and walk away secure for 3 years. Working class guy gets the sack, he's no money and worries about his mortgage. No sympathy for managers. But I bet because of this, stubbs doesn't give a shit what any of us think..last week's defeat was the start of 6 defeats in a row..[emoji849]

I vividly recall Ian Murray crossing the Dumbarton pitch to a cacophony of abuse. It was very unpleasant, and I don't want to witness anything like that again.

Alan Stubbs should be relieved of his duties before it gets to that stage. In his own interests as much as anything else.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I vividly recall Ian Murray crossing the Dumbarton pitch to a cacophony of abuse. It was very unpleasant, and I don't want to witness anything like that again.

Alan Stubbs should be relieved of his duties before it gets to that stage. In his own interests as much as anything else.

Aye no harm to him, i'm sure he's a nice guy but we have to do what's best for us.  If that's also what's best for him then it's all good.

He should maybe resign and keep some dignity. If he is seen as shite and willing to be a wage thief naebdy will touch him again.

Just now, SaintGlenburn said:
6 minutes ago, Drew said:

He should maybe resign and keep some dignity. If he is seen as shite and willing to be a wage thief naebdy will touch him again.

Easy for you to say.............

lost 3 league games, 2 of which were away from home to Rangers & Hearts.

1 bad loss at home to Livvie, not sure he'll be willing to resign.