Stubbs can go now

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

His interview on the radio was uninspiring. He didn't know what to say to the reporter. He's pretty clueless and should do the decent thing and resign.

We really need to get away from this, "do the decent thing", nonsense.

No manager one who expects it to be their last job in their industry will just walk away. He'll expect his contract to be honoured. And quite right too. It's the people who give the contracts that have to be held accountable.

The board have to decide which option will have the least catastrophic effect on the club.

The speed at which many have decided that the manger is to go is startling, which confrms my belief he was a dead man walking.
It's unlikely anyone could have had a decent season with us, IMO, especially after the success of the last 18 months.
Part of this malaise is down to the lack of support, you know as well as I do this is a common trait. 
We've been well beaten by Rangers, Aberdeen and Heats..................nothing surprising there, losing, in the manner we did, to Livingston, was very disappointing. 
We beat Dundee, but we were lucky.
In all the bad defeats we've steadied the ship in the 2nd half, but only because, and this is fact according to some, the other team have eased up.
You get my drift.

Stubbs was given support from most, a minority were worried given his time at Rotherham, but most gave him a clean slate - record ST sales prove this.

However, this support quickly faded when in his opening weeks it was clear the standard of player he thought would do a job; then there was him telling experienced players they weren’t needed with absolutely no guarantee they’d be leaving the club; then there was the marquee signings comments; then there was the 2 games we worrying blended in (or worse) against AMATEUR teams; the Dundee game things looked a bit more promising (but still worrying signs), ‘he’ll recognise this and strengthen’ most would’ve said; he has since sent out teams at 2 of the biggest teams in the country where we have looked exactly like a mid-table championship level team, in addition to being very much outfought against our promotion buddies - Livingston; we have since brought in sub-par loan signings and not strengthened the areas that needed strengthening at all; all this not even counting today’s shambles...

You get my drift?

Just now, W6Saint said:

Stubbs was given support from most, a minority were worried given his time at Rotherham, but most gave him a clean slate - record ST sales prove this.

However, this support quickly faded when in his opening weeks it was clear the standard of player he thought would do a job; then there was him telling experienced players they weren’t needed with absolutely no guarantee they’d be leaving the club; then there was the marquee signings comments; then there was the 2 games we worrying blended in (or worse) against AMATEUR teams; the Dundee game things looked a bit more promising (but still worrying signs), ‘he’ll recognise this and strengthen’ most would’ve said; he has since sent out teams at 2 of the biggest teams in the country where we have looked exactly like a mid-table championship level team, in addition to being very much outfought against our promotion buddies - Livingston; we have since brought in sub-par loan signings and not strengthened the areas that needed strengthening at all; all this not even counting today’s shambles...

You get my drift?

You're really trying to say the ST sales were as a result of Stubbs and the support for him? :1eye

Dear oh dear, you're having a nightmare. :lol:

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

We really need to get away from this, "do the decent thing", nonsense.

No manager one who expects it to be their last job in their industry will just walk away. He'll expect his contract to be honoured. And quite right too. It's the people who give the contracts that have to be held accountable.

The board have to decide which option will have the least catastrophic effect on the club.

I don't think people expect it, it's just one of those comments that most supporters say, knowing full well that it will cost us.  As you said no sane person walks away without compensation.

You're really trying to say the ST sales were as a result of Stubbs and the support for him? default_1eye.gif Dear oh dear, you're having a nightmare. default_laugh.png

It’s not unreasonable at all to say that a big name like Stubbs, along with our success last year contributed to more sales.

Regardless of whether it’s directly attributed to him or not, it’s still thousands of people financially backing him to strengthen the squad and committing to supporting his team for the season.

14 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

he has since sent out teams at 2 of the biggest teams in the country where we have looked exactly like a mid-table championship level team, 

That's harsh. The likes of QOTS, Dunfermline and even Morton would have probably shown themselves in a better light than us against Rangers/Aberdeen/Hearts. I doubt any of them would have handed the game over to all three of them by the half hour mark.

For those calling for the manager’s head.
This is a new squad, still learning each other’s names, let alone abilities. The manager is still trying to work out a system, who is best played wherever. Not an excuse but replacing him makes absolutely no sense. He must be given time for his system to work, whether fans like it or not. Did you all expect instant success?
Bringing in a replacement 4 games into a new season would be madness. What message does that give to the loanees brought in? He must be given time to get things on an even keel. This isn’t happy clappy, it is common sense

4 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

This is a new squad, still learning each other’s names, let alone abilities. The manager is still trying to work out a system, who is best played wherever. Not an excuse but replacing him makes absolutely no sense. He must be given time for his system to work, whether fans like it or not. Did you all expect instant success?
Bringing in a replacement 4 games into a new season would be madness. What message does that give to the loanees brought in? He must be given time to get things on an even keel. This isn’t happy clappy, it is common sense

I could see the rationale to that argument if there had been any indications that Stubbs can turn this round. There haven't been.

I can only see things deteriorating yet further. Bring in someone else, and we might just pick up.

I have no faith in Stubbs, whatsoever.

Edited by Drew

1 minute ago, cambiebud said:

I respect your opinion and that you're not just following the crowd however, i disagree.  He needs to go now to limit the damage and give us time to try and fix it. We've made the mistake of prolonging the agony with previous managerial failures and i don't want us making that same mistake.

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

That's harsh. The likes of QOTS, Dunfermline and even Morton would have probably shown themselves in a better light than us against Rangers/Aberdeen/Hearts. I doubt any of them would have handed the game over to all three of them by the half hour mark.

No because they have good experienced pros who know what the Scottish game is all about. Something we completely lack 

2 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You forgot Rae and Murray

Rae might be a twat but he did keep us up after Murray's unfortunate tenure. I know we went back to crap when the new season started, but Rae did manage to achieve something useful. I wouldn't place him at the depths of Tommy Craig and Stubbs time so far. 

Livy didn’t waste time when they seen issues.

Now sitting 3rd in the table.

Their is no system we have no balance to the squad and the players brought in aren’t good enough that’s the problem.

Put that on top of players like McGinns comments and body language showing they aren’t confident in the manager either.

It’s just a matter of time i see no point in prolonging the pain imo his time is up as a manager.

19 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

I would disagree with giving him the benefit of the doubt regarding trying to work out the best system etc. 

It stinks of desperation and complete cluelessness already. Let’s try something new every week until we get a positive result.

Edited by davidg

10 minutes ago, davidg said:

I would disagree with giving him the benefit of the doubt regarding trying to work out the best system etc. 

It stinks of desperation and complete cluelessness already. Let’s try something new every week until we get a positive result.

To be fair he been consistent with the tactics in relation to our defence - don't defend.<_<

36 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

I go with you Cambie. Long way to go in this league. Shock troops for most will be Livvy. At the moment Livvy are the shock troops for many. Our small group felt that their style of play last year would convert more easily into the Premiership.  Seems to be the case right now. Our disfunctional close season caused firstly by the is he going to Ipswich and He Has gone to Sunderland set us back. The new guy needs time.

I personally think AS has no chance this season due to his tactics, management style and the personnel he has collated. The big question for me is what do GLS/TF do about the situation? Or in other words how do they gamble, do they take the hit now and get rid or hold out and likely (based on form) take the inevitable hit later, I think they would gain far more kudos and respect by being strong now and getting rid.

If and I say if there are lessons to be learned maybe they GLS/TF need to structure the contacts better for management in future, say weighted in line with targets, risk/reward etc?