Stubbs can go now

Recruitment, team selection and tactics aside, Stubbs inability to communicate effectively leaves a lot to desired. I have just watched his post match interview on the club website and he is all over the place. Imagine you are a player looking for guidance and inspiration from your manager before the match or at HT. Contrast this to Jack Ross, who proved himself to be an excellent communicator/motivator. What did the board ever see in Stubbs?

As for GLS and Fitzpatrick, if it was them that made the decision on the three year deal which I imagine it was then the blame is completely with them. A blind man could see that Stubbs wasn’t the right man for this job and even more so a three year contract was insanity. 

This ^^^^*

It’s truly amazing in its naivety

Surely Jackson and Rice aren’t on 3 year deals. If there’s been any common sense applied you would hope that assistants only get a 1 year deal? Anyone know for sure? 

As for the 3 year deal for Stubbs - mental! Unless there’s some pretty impressive get out clauses for the club then this would have been a huge misjudgement by GLS. Let’s face it - Tony has nothing to do with such a big decision. Gordon calls those shots. I fear he may have got a bit carried away with the prospect (and chat) of a Celtic idol. 

Like I say - I hope we have suitable get out clauses to deal with this suitably without major financial, and otherwise, damage to the club. 

10 minutes ago, theknickerwetter said:

Ah thought Gilmore followed Murry in tae the changing room an then mutually consented him there an then

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Did he not resign that evening? 

Aye, can't remember the exact detail of his departure. Was it confirmed?

2 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Interesting week but the same players remain. I think we have to admit it’s looking likely we won’t survive

You're basing this on?

We've had a difficult set of fixtures, always going to give us few points.

Have you seen all the other teams?

Jeezo, we love to look on the bright side. 

38 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Mind when we were losing under Ross, he was all 'we've got a plan, we know what we're doing, we just need to stick at it, we believe, etc'.

Stubbs has no plan, no discernible way of playing, doesn't know what he's doing and there is no belief.

Get him right to f**k asap.

You could believe Jack when he was standing his ground and facing up to criticism , wonder if Stubbs would go into the crowd and ask for patience ?

2 hours ago, Maboza said:

Surely Jackson and Rice aren’t on 3 year deals. If there’s been any common sense applied you would hope that assistants only get a 1 year deal? Anyone know for sure? 

I don't know but I dont agree with the notion that we need to sack the whole lot of them. Rice especially, he is a very highly regarded coach. 

A coach is a coach at the end of the day. They do what they are told by the manager. It's all about the manager. Its the manager that needs to go.

Jack hadn't worked with Fowler prior to St Mirren and Stubbs hadn't worked with any of these two so it's not as if all managers need to come with defined coaching teams.

The new manager can easily work with these two coaches. This is the model football clubs follow these days. Look at Livi.

This idea of a full overall of the entire backroom staff every time a manager gets sacked is a thing of the past.

3 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I don't know but I dont agree with the notion that we need to sack the whole lot of them. Rice especially, he is a very highly regarded coach. 

A coach is a coach at the end of the day. They do what they are told by the manager. It's all about the manager. Its the manager that needs to go.

Jack hadn't worked with Fowler prior to St Mirren and Stubbs hadn't worked with any of these two so it's not as if all managers need to come with defined coaching teams.

The new manager can easily work with these two coaches. This is the model football clubs follow these days. Look at Livi.

This idea of a full overall of the entire backroom staff every time a manager gets sacked is a thing of the past.

I agree re Rice , I'd keep him if possible , but Jackson to follow Stubbs out the door , quick style I hope !

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Interesting week but the same players remain. I think we have to admit it’s looking likely we won’t survive

Ok. If i compare this to TC . 5 games no goals 5 losses and utterly no relationship with anyone and a BOD wanting out i dont see it as bad.... in saying that ..... Stubbs is following an immense feel good factor and that was always hard.... we have played Gers and Hearts Dundee have played Aberdeen  . Just dont see us 12th....

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ok. If i compare this to TC . 5 games no goals 5 losses and utterly no relationship with anyone and a BOD wanting out i dont see it as bad.... in saying that ..... Stubbs is following an immense feel good factor and that was always hard.... we have played Gers and Hearts Dundee have played Aberdeen  . Just dont see us 12th....

A BOD ? what is that ?

IMMENSE FEEL GOOD FACTOR ?????

Our previous Manager fecked off and left a shit legacy.

Even extended the contract of one of the worst goalies we have ever had. 

let’s not sack the manger yet. We need to allow time for the players to settle in and whilst it is horrible at present it would be very unfair to punt a manager imafter fpur league games. We have to allow him a chance at least. Give him till the October international break and if it’s not working fine .

Edited by norrie82