Stubbs can go now

As for GLS and Fitzpatrick, if it was them that made the decision on the three year deal which I imagine it was then the blame is completely with them. A blind man could see that Stubbs wasn’t the right man for this job and even more so a three year contract was insanity. 

This ^^^^*

It’s truly amazing in its naivety

Would be incredibly surprised if there’s not some clauses in the contract in our favour.
GLS is not daft, far from it, a remarkably successful businessman.
At the time I thought Stubbs was the man - a big name on a large contract, a statement of intent and I can see why the hierarchy done it, however, it hasn’t worked out. We resolve the situation and move on.

I’m so worried. I’m one who says give him to Christmas then review but the performances are worrying to say the least. We ain’t just getting beat but we are getting destroyed. Looking for shoots of hope but I’m struggling even this early on in the season.

My honest opinion is that this squad would struggle to finish top half of the Championship. We can’t sack a manager who is on the longest contract I’ve known that we have given anyone. Stubbs must have been fantastic at the interview and the board must have given him 3yrs thinking he was the next Jack Ross. Hope I am wrong and Stubbs turns it round but with most our support now against him it’s not going to end up being a success me feels.

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

Would be incredibly surprised if there’s not some clauses in the contract in our favour.
GLS is not daft, far from it, a remarkably successful businessman.
At the time I thought Stubbs was the man - a big name on a large contract, a statement of intent and I can see why the hierarchy done it, however, it hasn’t worked out. We resolve the situation and move on.

GLS is nothing but a propery specualtor. He is an idiot in proper business and has been made a mug of.

We cannot sack a guy with a 3 year contract when we have just played Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts away and facing Celtic next.

He needs to be allowed a run of games against our realistic competitors first. Either give him until league match 11 or the end of October at the very least.

3 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Livi have played Hibernian, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, and Motherwell.....have scored 4 goals and have 7 points....big deal!

We have played Dundee, Rangers, Hearts and Livi....have scored 3 goals and have 3 points......big deal!

Next week we play Celtic, they play Hamilton.

We are in the early building period and are facing up to some of the more difficult opponents.

Things will turn around, Alan will get the job done given time IF WE (PLAYERS AND FANS) SUPPORT HIM

All the whinging arseholes are currently worse supporters than Alan is a manager. The club should ban yi all fae St Mirren Park until yi all grow a pair an get behind the club. Bunch a f**kin yisless pains in the arse the lot o yi.

Good Luck Alan, prove these waste a space supporters wrong and get the Saints back on track.

We need to see if it's a confidence thing or not before sacking him.

The first few cup games ended up being pre-season games. Since then we've only had one result go against us that we really should have expected to win.

All this obsession about performances is bollox. A defeat is a defeat. We have not gone two matches without hitting a top club away from home since the league started. The players have had their confidence shaken. Let's see what we are looking at after playing St Johstone, Hamilton, Motherwell, Killie etc. Clearly we are going to take time to settle in. People are not being reasonable at all here.

The first few cup games ended up being pre-season games. Since then we've only had one result go against us that we really should have expected to win.
All this obsession about performances is bollox. A defeat is a defeat. We have not gone two matches without hitting a top club away from home since the league started. The players have had their confidence shaken. Let's see what we are looking at after playing St Johstone, Hamilton, Motherwell, Killie etc. Clearly we are going to take time to settle in. People are not being reasonable at all here.

Livingston last week? Aye they are a top team.

37 minutes ago, ged62 said:

They are certainly decent as their form showed last Season, especially in the PlayOffs, where they were outstanding.

Martindale has worked wonders with them, beat us easily then a win over Hibernian.

I would welcome him as a future St Mirren Manager, once Alan Stubbs has been given a good chance.

8 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

What's happened to his new Jamie Vardy's. Cooke Heating and I know he wasn't non league Jeff King. There taking up a wage and doing F all. Cooke has had a few cameos coming on with 10mins to go. It's f**king shambles. The guy is not right for the job.

I think Cooke and Heston are injured ATM. King had a cracking game in the reserves against Dundee United (2G, 2A) but hasn't had the opportunity for us since (and the reserve side that played Sevco was the U20 squad).

1 hour ago, ged62 said:

They as you will notice also beat Hibs yesterday and as it stands are 3rd in the league. I must admit I am not nor ever have been a Stubbs fan as a manager but as already mentioned given our start Celtic Rangers and hearts in our first 5 league games with Aberdeen away thrown in for good measure in the cup he needs to be given the first quarter then it can be looked at. GLS will not get rid this early given the opposition we have played in the league and are about to in our next game. 

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

We cannot sack a guy with a 3 year contract when we have just played Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts away and facing Celtic next.

He needs to be allowed a run of games against our realistic competitors first. Either give him until league match 11 or the end of October at the very least.

Like Livingston ? 

For me the central defence is the main problem - we are not winning simple cross balls into the box nor are we dominant in open play - all this is doing is heaping pressure on the midfield as we are being constantly over run. A fit Gary Mac would have made all the difference yesterday - Stubbs has to hold his hands up and admit he’s got it wrong at the back and somehow get a no nonsense centre half from somewhere on a free.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You can say all you like that the obsession with performances is bollocks but the fact is that all four matches since the Dundee game have been dead and buried within about 35 minutes. Regardless of the quality of opposition, that should not be happening every week. 

We've only benefitted from escaping with a shred of respectability because teams are talking their foot off our throat at half time as the job is done. 

We're a lame duck and incredibly unbalanced. The manager looks lost and bewildered already. 

8 minutes ago, davidg said:

Not for me. 

If GLS is going to pull the trigger get McIntyre in to try sort it out. 

Couldn't agree more. How Stubbs was given this job in front of Jim McIntyre is and was beyond me. 

What a task Jim would have though in turning this shambles round.

Did it at Ross County but would need the board's help big time in January.

Have a funny feeling that McIntryre may just pop up at Tannadice soon.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

You can say all you like that the obsession with performances is bollocks but the fact is that all four matches since the Dundee game have been dead and buried within about 35 minutes. Can't argue with this. 

Regardless of the quality of opposition, that should not be happening every week. Not so sure you can disregard the quality of opposition for a team that's just came up from the league below.

We've only benefitted from escaping with a shred of respectability because teams are talking their foot off our throat at half time as the job is done. This is only your perception to suit your belief.

We're a lame duck and incredibly unbalanced. The manager looks lost and bewildered already. 

Never mind, you won a few bob, but not as much as you thought at half time. :lol:

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Never mind, you won a few bob, but not as much as you thought at half time. :lol:

True, took no joy in it either. 

I can't disregard the quality of opposition when it happens on occasion. We all have bad days. When it's been happening habitually though, it's not acceptable. Especially when one of those four sides also came up with us, finished 13 points behind us last season, have also had the same management issues pre season (and indeed have already sensed something was amiss and acted) but retained the majority of their squad and are absolutely competitive on a weekly basis. 

You may feel its my perception of what is happening but the facts back it up. Our own performances aren't actually improving in second halves of games... teams are letting up because they are already well ahead. Much like we did last season at Hutchy Vale. That much is obvious to anyone watching us week in week out. 

Edited by djchapsticks