Stubbs can go now

4 minutes ago, jaybee said:

The board discuss items on the agenda and input into the decisions perhaps but anyone who thinks the owner doesn't make the decisions needs to return to kindergarten to get their nappy changed  :P

Not sure what you're getting at here.:blink:

Perhaps someone would be good enough to do a wee list of the teams we are not expected to do well against.
It’s not the results that are necessarily the issue , it’s the performances . Overall we have been rank rotten and we seem to be going backwards without any indication that the management team know how to halt it.
I expect us to compete in most games.

Hearts away is not a game we need to accept defeat. We have won at Tynecastle on plenty of ocassions. Granted this does look like one of Hearts better teams but I still don't think it should have been a gimme for them.

21 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
On 30 August 2018 at 4:56 PM, WeeBud said:
I agree, which is why I wouldn't speculate on them and use it as basis to build an argument.

Don't think it's speculation.

If you don't have the facts and by your own reckoning are never likely to know them then it can be nothing other than speculation

Edited by WeeBud

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yep, he should be judged on results and performances against teams like Livingston.

Is this the same Livingston team that also beat Hibs yesterday Stubbs should be given the time to play at least every team in the division. The board in my opinion are simply not going to sack him after playing rangers and hearts away in the league Aberdeen away in the cup. Celtic up next and won one lost one against teams that will no doubt be around us this season. 

55 minutes ago, Ethan said:

We cant just focus on our league form we were shocking in the cup as well. There is clearly problems. The public display by McGinn and Smith last week just highlighted it. Stubbs is out of his depth and imo should not be given anymore time. 

There may well be problems but the team is in transition and lets be honest it was common knowledge Ross was going and the  knew this as well yet they dilly dallied around getting a replacement. We got out of the group stages for a change albeit the group stars are almost pre season games as we had none. And as for that public display by our club captain nothing short of petulant. It’s a captains responsibility to try and make the team as cohesive as possible on the park not use it and the game as a public defiance of sorts and for the record I’m a massive mcginn fan. No matter what goes on at training or in the corridors of the stadium they stay there 

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I agree with the sentiment of your post Billy in the sense of having an “already defeated” attitude. However you can’t seriously compare the difference between us and Celtic back then to today. It’s night and day. The old firm didn’t have everything their own way back then and were reasonably regularly beaten by many teams, not just us. 

Hiw many times have we beaten Celtic in the last 30 years? 3 jump out at me. The Mowbray game, the Mehmet penalty cup tie, and the league cup semi final. In fact how many times do Celtic lose or drop points in a season these days. Very rarely. If it’s ever understandable to think you’re going to lose a game these days, then it’s against Celtic.

To repeat, I agree with the sentiment, but the comparison to the Fergie years is way off the mark. 

It's a general drop in standards up here which has caused the chasm between Celtic and the rest. In terms of comparison , the Celtic team of today are shite , when compared to the Celtic team we defeated regularly back then . In the 70s we were in a spell where Scottish clubs won European tournaments , now , in the main , they struggle to even qualify for them. The money Celtic (and Rangers) make through their dim-witted support remains the only reason they have an advantage over the rest. The point I was really trying to make was that the poster concerned was labelling Aberdeen , Hearts etc in the same band ie teams we can't measure ourselves against. We beat Hearts in a cup final 5 years ago ffs , but now we're supposed to write games off v them as unwinnable , come on !

1 minute ago, Knightswoodsaint said:

Is this the same Livingston team that also beat Hibs yesterday Stubbs should be given the time to play at least every team in the division. The board in my opinion are simply not going to sack him after playing rangers and hearts away in the league Aberdeen away in the cup. Celtic up next and won one lost one against teams that will no doubt be around us this season. 

Yep , the very same Livvy who finished 12 points behind us last season , the same Livvy team who we failed to get a single shot on target against . Dont know what your point is though ? 

So are you saying Livvy are one of the teams on the "we`re not expected to beat " list ?   if that is the case ,What about Hibs ?

People complaining about recruitment. Begs the question do we need a director of football. Can we afford one.

No, we don’t need a director of football. Even you and I knew within 30 mins or so of watching Kpekwa he wasn’t a centre back that we could rely on.

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yep , the very same Livvy who finished 12 points behind us last season , the same Livvy team who we failed to get a single shot on target against . Dont know what your point is though ? 

So are you saying Livvy are one of the teams on the "we`re not expected to beat " list ?   if that is the case ,What about Hibs ?

That list now contains every team in this division , going by current displays.

10 minutes ago, billyg said:

It's a general drop in standards up here which has caused the chasm between Celtic and the rest. In terms of comparison , the Celtic team of today are shite , when compared to the Celtic team we defeated regularly back then . In the 70s we were in a spell where Scottish clubs won European tournaments , now , in the main , they struggle to even qualify for them. The money Celtic (and Rangers) make through their dim-witted support remains the only reason they have an advantage over the rest. The point I was really trying to make was that the poster concerned was labelling Aberdeen , Hearts etc in the same band ie teams we can't measure ourselves against. We beat Hearts in a cup final 5 years ago ffs , but now we're supposed to write games off v them as unwinnable , come on !

Disagree on two points Billy. The gulf between Celtic and the rest is not just about the money they make from their supporters.  They’ve made a fortune out of even the most disappointing European campaigns as well as hoovering up the bulk of whatever tv money we get up here, year after year after year. 

Secondly you referenced the Celtic team we beat twice at Parkhead during the 77-78 season. They were anything but a good team. They were hopeless. They finished 5th in the league that season about 20 points behind Rangers and Aberdeen at a time when it was still only 2 points for a win. We finished 3rd bottom and Celtic were only about 6 points ahead of us at the finish. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Disagree on two points Billy. The gulf between Celtic and the rest is not just about the money they make from their supporters.  They’ve made a fortune out of even the most disappointing European campaigns as well as hoovering up the bulk of whatever tv money we get up here, year after year after year. 

Secondly you referenced the Celtic team we beat twice at Parkhead during the 77-78 season. They were anything but a good team. They were hopeless. They finished 5th in the league that season about 20 points behind Rangers and Aberdeen at a time when it was still only 2 points for a win. We finished 3rd bottom and Celtic were only about 6 points ahead of us at the finish. 

I'm well aware of Celtic's results that season , they lost a lot of games , because manager's sent their teams out to try and beat them , these managers certainly didn't write off the points because of the Celtic's stature , unlike what is being suggested as happening now.

21 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Least season is irrelevant now people keeping bringing up Livi this season if you take the bigger games away we have played Dundee and Livi and in my opinion most people would have settled for 4 points from those 2 games probably expecting the 3 to come from the Livi game. We at present have 3 from those 6 available so at worst 1 point short of most people’s thoughts before season kicked off 

6 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Couldn't agree more. How Stubbs was given this job in front of Jim McIntyre is and was beyond me. 

What a task Jim would have though in turning this shambles round.

Did it at Ross County but would need the board's help big time in January.

Have a funny feeling that McIntryre may just pop up at Tannadice soon.

Do you remember how many games he went without a win when he went to County?

About 8 or 9 defeats if I remember.

11 hours ago, Kemp said:

GLS is nothing but a propery specualtor. He is an idiot in proper business and has been made a mug of.

A little bit more than a property speculator Kemp. He started up and sold Laidlaw Scott Construction. He is reportedly worth £9.2 million    

Related image

Edited by Buddie Marvelous

6 hours ago, billyg said:

Nonsense ! Can you imagine Fergie saying to his players after we won promotion , "It's Celtic lads , they're not our realistic competitors , so if we lose WGAF " :wacko:

Nope , he just sent us out  , you know , the team with about 3 players with top league experience , to beat Celtic at Parkhead twice in the same season !

Realistic competitors ? Don't talk shite !

This forum is absolutely brilliant.

Weeks ago when I said we should be trying to win every match I was slaughtered for it.

Now I am being slaughtered for not saying it by the same people. :lol:

You guys really are a bunch of prize spangles. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, JJ McG said:

What info? :lol: You don’t half get your knickers in a twist for Christ sake.

My opinion is he won’t last long at all, something is clearly wrong behind the scenes, it’s absolutely toxic,  you would have to be an absolute muppet not to see that.

Where did they budget go we had set aside for bringing in Miller? All of a sudden we had to ship players out before we brought anybody else in?

Stubbs blaming everybody but himself in his interviews, the writing is on the wall.

What are you talking about JJ ?  Surely everything is rosey?

kermit the frog muppets GIF

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

You can say all you like that the obsession with performances is bollocks but the fact is that all four matches since the Dundee game have been dead and buried within about 35 minutes. Regardless of the quality of opposition, that should not be happening every week. 

We've only benefitted from escaping with a shred of respectability because teams are talking their foot off our throat at half time as the job is done. 

We're a lame duck and incredibly unbalanced. The manager looks lost and bewildered already. 

Unless you can show me that we lose more than 3 points for playing shite as opposed to losing playing well I am going to stick with my position. Losing well is not the issue right now. We have to try and put down one or two of the shovels we are hitting ourselves with right now or we will never turn things around.

Edited by oaksoft