Stubbs can go now

2 hours ago, billyg said:

I'm well aware of Celtic's results that season , they lost a lot of games , because manager's sent their teams out to try and beat them , these managers certainly didn't write off the points because of the Celtic's stature , unlike what is being suggested as happening now.

Yes. That and they were rubbish. 

48 minutes ago, Franny Fat said:

Check the amount of St Mirren Players watching Naismith heading the ball in to the net 

for the 3rd Goal I make that 7,

This looks like stubbs is not managing this team properly, either he is failing in his training

methods or he has lost the dressing room.  The Alan Stubbs project is not working and he may

well be on his way soon.

image.png.c0e185272ae93731fb158fa9e21a1b4f.png

As much as we can blame the manager, he is not on the pitch plus these are professional footballers that, if nothing else, should have the basics in how to defend. If they need someone else to explain how to mark a man and defend a set piece then they shouldn't be on the pitch.  That's what they are paid for.

1 hour ago, Dan Is The Man said:

I wonder if Hibs fans are calling for Lennons head after a Livingston defeat. emoji848.pngemoji848.png

To be fair they haven't drawn with Spartans and Queens Park. Nor have they been completely and utterly reamed by The blue bigots, Hearts and Aberdeen in quick succession.

I also noticed that their manager took full responsibility for their defeat.

16 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

As much as we can blame the manager, he is not on the pitch plus these are professional footballers that, if nothing else, should have the basics in how to defend. If they need someone else to explain how to mark a man and defend a set piece then they shouldn't be on the pitch.  That's what they are paid for.

The players we had last season seemed to be much more aware of how to defend, possibly because they were better defenders but also because they seemed to be much more organised. Last season, before games, you would see the back four warming up together, keeping their line, building up awareness of each others game and developing into a solid unit. This season, with Alan Stubbs players and Alan Stubbs coaching, we are a shambles. 

The buck stops very firmly with the managers and coaches on this one. 

Edited by Hendo

18 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Good point. Just to add that Hearts Main Target man is a real handful. Huge physical presence. Gave our defence a hard time and created space for Naismith. Lots of learning to be done and the lads need to be quick learners. 

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

And what did you get from posting utter shite? <_<

Wind yer neck in sunshine.

It was simply how I read the situation. You are the one who seems intent on turning it into a dick waving contest.

You need to find a hobby or two, as opposed to picking petty squabbles with people on here.

Edited by Drew

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

Wind yer neck in sunshine.

It was simply how I read the situation. You are the one who seems intent on turning it into a dick waving contest.

You need to find a hobby or two, as opposed to picking petty squabbles with people on here.

Nice reply, sunshine. :byebye

Might be better to keep your mouth shut until you KNOW something, eh? 

Don't like pointing out you post utter shite eh? 

PS You're the one who turned it into a petty squabble. 

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, faraway saint said:

Nice reply, sunshine. :byebye

Might be better to keep your mouth shut until you KNOW something, eh? 

Don't like pointing out you post utter shite eh? 

You're not very bright, are you?

Did I claim to know something? The forum is all about people speculating, and expressing opinions. You seem to think you are a voice of reason, when you are just the voice of a sad fud.

Anyway, you're boring me now, so it's on ignore you go:)

Just now, Drew said:

You're not very bright, are you?

Did I claim to know something? The forum is all about people speculating, and expressing opinions. You seem to think you are a voice of reason, when you are just the voice of a sad fud.

Anyway, you're boring me now, so it's on ignore you go:)

Oh dear, how mature of you. :lol:

Just listened to Stubbs interview and I'm confused a bit about what he's saying. He says that it's down to individual errors and that they all know who they are so to me that says it's the full team and not a few that are at fault or that the players don't know what there job is or that they don't want to play for him and he knows that. So where does he go from here? Does he rip up his coach book and go back to basics or does he keep doing what he is doing and hope that the team finally click.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

In fairness you do like to parade around the forum in your "ITK" clothes. It shouldnt surprise you that guys like norrie and IOBS, who have the combined intelligence of a wet sock, somehow believe you have magical powers.

I wouldn’t say a wet sock oaksoft it surprises me why you feel the need to go around spouting utter crap and just having a go at people. It lacks any sort of class and I really do question your intelligence. I am allowed an opinion and I again ask that you just enjoy the opinions and the offer something balanced . Thank you 

33 minutes ago, Franny Fat said:

Those seven guys should get their wages docked for ball watching then.

We are seeing this every week so why is this not being addressed on the training ground?

This suggests the manager is not getting his message across.

Is it happening because a) the defenders are simply not good enough, b) they are not taking on board tactics such as who to mark etc hence players looking at each other or c) demotivated and/or frightened of making a mistake?  I have no idea but the basics of defending which should be coached in training and team talks is not working.  Once the team are on the park the manager can only hope they apply the key tactics. If not then questions need to be asked.

Edited by nedflanders123

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Do you remember how many games he went without a win when he went to County?

About 8 or 9 defeats if I remember.

You keep backing Stubbs to come good and I'll go the other way in that I think he's a dud as I have from the day he was appointed.

The funny thing is that I hope you are right

Edited by lenziebud

Don’t really need to overthink it - currently our defence is nowhere near good enough and worryingly at the moment we don’t have the personnel to change it either.  Last season’s back line wasn’t perfect by any means but it was streets ahead of the shambles that we are currently witnessing on a weekly basis. We urgently need a centre half in the Gary Mac mould  ............ Stubbs needs to admit that what he has brought in isn’t the standard required for this league.

Regarding the back four, Baird was consistently good when paired with Davis and to a lesser extent Mackenzie. Both players coached, interacted and talked Baird through the game and immensely helped his confidence and play. This year he appears the best on show and is suffering from that lack of leadership. As others have pointed out the recruitment defensively has been Stubbs biggest problem and his immediate challenge to address though coaching

5 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Regarding the back four, Baird was consistently good when paired with Davis and to a lesser extent Mackenzie. Both players coached, interacted and talked Baird through the game and immensely helped his confidence and play. This year he appears the best on show and is suffering from that lack of leadership. As others have pointed out the recruitment defensively has been Stubbs biggest problem and his immediate challenge to address though coaching

I believe you have put your finger on a very important point.  Jack is still development. A lot on his back. 

I believe you have put your finger on a very important point.  Jack is still development. A lot on his back. 

I like Baird. Honest big player, full of aggression, who gives his all. That being said I didn’t see him as anything other than 3rd or 4th choice this year.

If he remains one of the mainstays of our defence then we’ll struggle at this level.

Can you imagine.

Sacking a manager after four league games.

One of which we won, and two of which were at Tynecastle and Ibrox. Indeed the only surprising result was losing at home to Livi, who are clearly quite good and beat Hibs today.

We also qualified from the league cup group stage for the first time.

I don’t know if Stubbs will be any good or not. To sack him now would be nothing short of bat shit crazy though.

If we are 11th or 12th at Christmas he should go. Until then, give him time.

The level of vitriol directed at him is utterly bizarre.

7 hours ago, FTOF said:
7 hours ago, jaybee said:

The board discuss items on the agenda and input into the decisions perhaps but anyone who thinks the owner doesn't make the decisions needs to return to kindergarten to get their nappy changed  :P

Not sure what you're getting at here.:blink:

I thought I was pretty definitive about who 'I think' runs the club and whilst I am sure SMISA have an input as do 'other' directors who do you suppose has the final say?   Or are you really one of those who needs a nappy change:lol: