Stubbs can go now

6 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Dundee just brought in 2 decent pedigree centre backs who will need time to bed in.
Accies have brought in some decent players, on paper - Kilgallon should stroll this league, the others have potential to work out.

These teams will likely improve (maybe not by much) as these guys are integrated, we however, have no way of improving the personnel in our defence or attack...

This, and we have gone backwards on both areas!

14 hours ago, Franny Fat said:

Check the amount of St Mirren Players watching Naismith heading the ball in to the net 

for the 3rd Goal I make that 7,

This looks like stubbs is not managing this team properly, either he is failing in his training

methods or he has lost the dressing room.  The Alan Stubbs project is not working and he may

well be on his way soon.

image.png.c0e185272ae93731fb158fa9e21a1b4f.png

Looks like the guy on the goal line was playing a couple of Hearts players onside , a good defensive coach should have his defence organised at defending the different stages of corners . 

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Weeks ago when I said we should be trying to win every match I was slaughtered for it.

Now I am being slaughtered for not saying it by the same people. :lol:

Ooooh I do love it when someone does this. Misrepresentation and wilfully changing the context in which people made those statements. All in one post laced with sarcasm and contempt for the views of others.

Have you considered standing for election?

7 hours ago, W6Saint said:

Dundee just brought in 2 decent pedigree centre backs who will need time to bed in.
Accies have brought in some decent players, on paper - Kilgallon should stroll this league, the others have potential to work out.

These teams will likely improve (maybe not by much) as these guys are integrated, we however, have no way of improving the personnel in our defence or attack...

TBF , if we get a new manager in now , there are some reasonable players out there still without a club , I'm sure some would be willing to accept deals till January or the end of the season just to stay playing.  Not the ideal scenario I know , but a half decent experienced centre back , a left sided player and a forward may just be enough to keep us in touch till January !

7 hours ago, jaybee said:

Well, whilst I absolutely approve of fans input into a club and have no problem with the likes of SMISA being a minority shareholder; I would have to agree with Dumbo bud on the principle of fans running a club not being the'best' idea I have ever heard and I am likely to be lambasted for this and inundated  with examples of  'other clubs' that have done so successfully.  Don't care it's my opinion.

I may also have to agree with your assessment that perhaps the decision is not working so far and does appear to be extremely flawed, at the moment anyway, however to use another club as an example to explain better my belief in how things work at St Mirren park.  Chelsea have a chairman and three directors who I am sure sit down and discuss a myriad of issues within the club, but when the resolution of all of these issues are put before Roman Abramovich who do you think makes the final decision?  I suppose my real point is the buck stops at the owners door, but hey he is the owner and has that right 

Fans ownership of 51% is to stop the club from being taken over by who have not got the best interest of our club that is what fan ownership is for. The board will run as it does now with one member voted in by it's members . The boardroom will be no diffrent  from what it is now. 

10 hours ago, TopCat said:

So essentially your point is we shouldn’t be judging him on results, but on some immeasurable ‘disconnect with the players’ factor?

Clearly some of his signings aren’t going to be good enough, but that’s certainly not a new thing. Take a look at our new signings from last summer and how most of them fared.

We need to remember here that our realistic aim this season is 10th. We are goal difference away from that just now, having already played at Tynecastle and Ibrox in our first four league games.

The problem Stubbs seems to have is that he has had a very tough opening set of fixtures (Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Ibrox by the 1st of September) along with Celtic at home next. And apparently he doesn’t come across well on the touchline or in interviews.

This in particular seems to be a major issue for our fans. Example, Danny Lennon (good in interviews, finished 11th in his first season). Tommy Craig (bad in interviews and sacked while we were 11th in his first season).

I’m fairly certain the club will give Stubbs to Christmas, and they should. Scott would really be admitting a monumental f**k up on his part by sacking a manager he gave a 3 year contract to before then, not to mention the financial cost. If we are 11th or 12th on Christmas Day Stubbs goes. If we are not, he stays, regardless of how he interviews or if he claps the fans after games or whatever else. Simple.

Fancy a wee charity bet he will be long gone before Christmas? 

You seem so certain Stubbs will still be manager so stick your money where your mouth is?

As you would say “tick tock” :thumbs2

Edited by JJ McG

2 minutes ago, davidg said:

If Stubbs is getting the bullet I'd be delighted with McIntyre.

Out of the applicants in the summer he was my first choice and was surprised that so many on here and social media were dead against him getting the job.

My only issue with McIntyre would be the number of duds he signed over his time at RC. No Roy McGregor here to bail him out if the same happens again.

That said, he'd be an upgrade in a tactical sense and would have a better connection with the supporters.

12 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

My only issue with McIntyre would be the number of duds he signed over his time at RC. No Roy McGregor here to bail him out if the same happens again.

That said, he'd be an upgrade in a tactical sense and would have a better connection with the supporters.

In what way was he bailed out by McGregor?

I'm sure this was discussed in the summer..