Stubbs can go now

2 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

If he'd kept them and not been allowed to sign others instead they'd have achieved nothing close to what they did. 

Time will tell, but I believe there's another manager in line to take charge.

A manager that knows the club well? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Looks like the guy on the goal line was playing a couple of Hearts players onside , a good defensive coach should have his defence organised at defending the different stages of corners . 

Six St Mirren players standing watching Naismith have time to scratch his nuts, read the paper, and play two games of suduko before heading home. Every day at home, I pass a framed and signed print of the ‘five buds leaping’ on the goal line to keep Deadco FC out at Love Street. Can anyone imagine this defence even getting close to performing a last-gasp goal line rearguard action like that?

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What like your "Cammy Smith & Stephen McGinn" are leaving rumour..? Hows that one working out?

Where is the post where I said both were leaving? :lol:

I don’t think forums are good for you, your trying to hard and getting yourself into an awful state. :lol:

2 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

If he'd kept them and not been allowed to sign others instead they'd have achieved nothing close to what they did. 

2 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

Several mid-contract terminations being paid off for players.

Nonsense as they were in 6th position at the end of December 2016 and in 5th position end of December 2015.

This ill informed crap was put to bed in the summer, McGregor didn't bail McIntyre out midseason at all.

Edited by davidg

19 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Still trying too hard here champ, your making a mess of it. :lol:

25 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Where is the post where I said both were leaving? :lol:

I don’t think forums are good for you, your trying to hard and getting yourself into an awful state. :lol:

What will your line be if Stubbzo leads us out against Celtic? Will it be the board wanted to sack him, but the tea lady said naw?

Actually thought we didn't play that badly on Saturday to be honest! It was certainly an improvement over the Livingston debacle.

We were again poor at the back and the two quick fire goals just before the interval killed us, and the game to be fair.

Hearts didn't look as though they got out of second gear in the second half but we plugged away and were unlucky not to score again through Willock and then that howler from Jones.

I thought NBM did ok, won a lot in the air which created chances that alas we were unable to take.

Don't get me wrong, all in all it was still shite, but for me anyway it was less shite than the previous weekend.

If we could find and bring in an experienced central defender as a free agent it might make a significant difference to us but I still fear we will struggle for goals at the other end of the park.

19 minutes ago, davidg said:

Nonsense as they were in 6th position at the end of December 2016 and in 5th position end of December 2015.

This ill informed crap was put to bed in the summer, McGregor didn't bail McIntyre out id season at all.

I didn't say the huge upheaval of players yielded immediate results.

The fact is he turned over 49 players over three years in order to stay afloat in the Premiership. He has wasted an incredible amount of money as a manager. We can't afford that.

9 minutes ago, div said:

Actually thought we didn't play that badly on Saturday to be honest! It was certainly an improvement over the Livingston debacle.

We were again poor at the back and the two quick fire goals just before the interval killed us, and the game to be fair.

Hearts didn't look as though they got out of second gear in the second half but we plugged away and were unlucky not to score again through Willock and then that howler from Jones.

I thought NBM did ok, won a lot in the air which created chances that alas we were unable to take.

Don't get me wrong, all in all it was still shite, but for me anyway it was less shite than the previous weekend.

If we could find and bring in an experienced central defender as a free agent it might make a significant difference to us but I still fear we will struggle for goals at the other end of the park.

Shite, but less shite than last time.... onwards and upwards, baby steps! :)

1 hour ago, RossCSmfc said:

I didn't say the huge upheaval of players yielded immediate results.

The fact is he turned over 49 players over three years in order to stay afloat in the Premiership. He has wasted an incredible amount of money as a manager. We can't afford that.

How many players did Jack Ross turn over at St Mirren in his time there. I'm sure I seen a post around the 40 mark ??.

It was a fairly significant amount of players anyway. Both Jack Ross and Jim McIntyre took over their respective clubs in very similar circumstances and did outstanding jobs in both cases.

Jim McIntrye would be an excellent appointment for this club and it should be done now. 

What a mess he would inherit but i'd back him to keep us up with keeping in touch as best he can till the Jan window and then the club backing him with significant funds to keep us up.

Jim McIntrye has managed at all times in his own right and been a success at QOS, Dunfermline and Ross County.

Hopefully the rumours are true. How they ever appointed Stubbs in front of him I'll never know

Edited by lenziebud

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Shite, but less shite than last time.... onwards and upwards, baby steps! :)

The worry is that the baby steps are all going to be directly into shite unless there is radical action taken.

It's coming.

Edited by Drew

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

How many players did Jack Ross turn over at St Mirren in his time there. I'm sure I seen a post around the 40 mark ??.

It was a fairly significant amount of players anyway. Both Jack Ross and Jim McIntyre took over their respective clubs in very similar circumstances and did outstanding jobs in both cases.

Jim McIntrye would be an excellent appointment for this club and it should be done now. 

What a mess he would inherit but i'd back him to keep us up with keeping in touch as best he can till the Jan window and then the club backing him with significant funds to keep us up.

Jim McIntrye has managed at all times in his own right and been a success at QOS, Dunfermline and Ross County.

Indeed.  JR turned over 20 (10 in, 10 out) in his first transfer window.  Without counting the rest, it must be close to the 40 mark. 

This summer we've churned 31 players. 

It must be pretty standard to expect this in this league now. You only have to look around at the other teams movements in the transfer market. You try to unearth gems and keep your best players if you can. Everyone else around the periphery are squad fillers and failures. They get moved on.

The only teams I can think of that have any level of stability in not making lots of signings is perhaps Celtic, Aberdeen and maybe Killie.

23 hours ago, davidg said:

We don’t know the ins and outs of the contract. We don’t know what sort of performance related clauses that could potentially trigger a parting of ways. We don’t know if there’s a probationary period involving maybe a reduced settlement fee. 

I don’t think we can criticise GLS too much without knowing what’s involved in the deal. 

We don't, very true. Regardless of terms that we can speculate all day on, the headline message of a three year deal for someone like Alan Stubbs was maddness. His start at the club has proven it beyond doubt.

Shouldn't even of gotten a personalised response from his application! Terrible appointemnt and it was completely clear from the start.