Stubbs can go now

20 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

WHAT A SHAMBLES A NEW GUY HAS TO COME INTO.

One or two good quality additions in the right areas, the return of most of the 7 players currently injured, and a system that plays to our strengths, and we'll have a fighting chance at least.

2 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

I didn't say the huge upheaval of players yielded immediate results.

The fact is he turned over 49 players over three years in order to stay afloat in the Premiership. He has wasted an incredible amount of money as a manager. We can't afford that.

Utter nonsense again.

This sort of turnaround is nothing unusual for a 3 year period  (Killie shipped out 70 players in that 3 year period...) and to say they did this simply to stay afloat in the Premiership is way wide of the mark. He led them to a top 6 finish and a national trophy.

Edited by davidg

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

What will your line be if Stubbzo leads us out against Celtic? Will it be the board wanted to sack him, but the tea lady said naw?

You mean Stubzgo surely. Between us all looking stupid after we were going to take a point or three at Tynecastle to Stubbs not being sacked this soon, your quite the Nostradamus !!!

All these football fans who seem over the moon that their manager might be sacked four games into the season? No wonder they call football fans fickle.  Still when Stubbzo does eventually go, how many games do you give the next guy? 

Four?

Three?

come on, sacking someone is a piece of piss, how are you going to ensure you make us better because of it?

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Utter nonsense again.

This sort of turnaround is nothing unusual for a 3 year period  (Killie shipped out 70 players in that 3 year period...) and to say they did this simply to stay afloat in the Premiership is way wide of the mark. He led them to a top 6 finish and a national trophy.

Killie are being backed by Billy Bowie, too. 

Danny Lennon got us 7th and a national trophy with a smaller budget than McIntyre.

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

All these football fans who seem over the moon that their manager might be sacked four games into the season? No wonder they call football fans fickle.  Still when Stubbzo does eventually go, how many games do you give the next guy? 

Four?

Three?

come on, sacking someone is a piece of piss, how are you going to ensure you make us better because of it?

You’ve had an absolute howler this morning.

Back in your box please .

Utter nonsense again.

I remember at the time McIntyre got bagged by County , a certain Mr Alan Stubbs was one of the names in the frame to take his position !

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Four?

Three?

You would have been rejoicing had Jack Ross been sacked after the first 6 games of his tenure. You didn’t want him appointed in the first place, and you didn’t want to give him any time to fix the omnishambles left behind by his  predecessor Alex Rae. 

1 minute ago, class of 76-77 said:

You would have been rejoicing had Jack Ross been sacked after the first 6 games of his tenure. You didn’t want him appointed in the first place, and you didn’t want to give him any time to fix the omnishambles left behind by his  predecessor Alex Rae. 

Wrong on all almost all of those points. I thought he should have been appointed with an experienced/older ex manager as his number two because of his lack of experience, and however anyone tries to blot it out his first few months were dire. He compounded our situation making a number of tactical errors before being allowed to make about 40 signings.

if Ross got the boot after those six losses i would have been equally embarrassed, as i will be if Stubbs gets punted now. And as now i would be calling for the board to step down having made such catastrophic decisions our club cannot afford! The buck has to stop with the decision maker!

Hear all those saying that it’s too early to sack Stubbs after “only 4 games “
But it’s not just four games that is getting to most folk, it’s a league cup campaign where we needed penalties against amateurs . It’s the fact he was backed by the board to have a pre season camp in Spain, fact also that he was given money and the support of the board to trust his judgement to raid English non league football ...... then refuse to play these players !
As I have said elsewhere I want Stubbs or any other saints manager to succeed but three months into his tenure , there is no sign of any green shoots ,in my opinion quite the opposite is true.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

What... no ITK answers? Just lets get someone sacked, then..... oh f**k... what do we do now?

appoint a proper manager in Jim McIntyre and fix the shambles that has been Stubbs tenure. 

your on the wrong side of this debate and probably best to sit back and wonder how others are seeing it so differently from you ?

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

What... no ITK answers? Just lets get someone sacked, then..... oh f**k... what do we do now?

The seethe and desperation is ripping out you :lol:

Im away to sit back and enjoy the rest of my afternoon in sun while i smoke a cigar and enjoy a light alcoholic refreshment. 

Thanks for playing anyway. :lol:

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Hear all those saying that it’s too early to sack Stubbs after “only 4 games “
But it’s not just four games that is getting to most folk, it’s a league cup campaign where we needed penalties against amateurs . It’s the fact he was backed by the board to have a pre season camp in Spain, fact also that he was given money and the support of the board to trust his judgement to raid English non league football ...... then refuse to play these players !
As I have said elsewhere I want Stubbs or any other saints manager to succeed but three months into his tenure , there is no sign of any green shoots ,in my opinion quite the opposite is true.

When he does go, it will be interesting to hear what, if anything, he has to say about it.

I hope he maintains a relatively dignified silence, as he would do himself no favours by adopting the Alex Rae approach (ie - bitter shitehawk).

I will have more respect for Stubbs if he acknowledges that it didn't work out, and gets on with his life.

In saying that, maybe he'll reckon he has a story to tell, but I would wonder whether it is worth it in the grand scheme. Perhaps he will feel wronged, but it is to be hoped that he doesn't exploit his media profile to have a dig at the club, without conceding that he has not covered himself in glory this past 3 months.

I imagine there will be some discussion around this while his severance package is being thrashed out.