Stubbs can go now

16 minutes ago, ulysses said:

I think when you have senior players that are unhappy, it’s only a matter of time before the manager goes.

Don’t claim to be ITK or anything, but there’s been a few murmurings of the discontent amongst the players. No reason to doubt it.

You are spot on mate, this decision wasn’t just a results based decision, an awful lot more to it.

On 8/25/2018 at 3:55 PM, Drew said:

There is something badly amiss here. Very worrying.

7 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Aye. Said that after the Livi game.

You just sit there and watch and you just think “Something isn’t right here.” And then you know that it’s only a matter of time. Seen it with Craig, Murray, Rae. Just a sense of impending doom.

Above is what I posted at HT during the Livingston match. It was glaringly obvious.

If McIntyre comes in it's important that we give him a chance and don't expect immediate results. We need to be patient.

He started at County after the early season sacking of Derek Adams, taking charge on 9th September. He then went on to win only 2 out of his first 19 games in charge and managed to avoid relegation finishing 9th.

Hopefully he can make a more immediate impact but change doesn't happen overnight.

Guest TPAFKATS

Wrong on all almost all of those points. I thought he should have been appointed with an experienced/older ex manager as his number two because of his lack of experience, and however anyone tries to blot it out his first few months were dire.

(B) He compounded our situation making a number of tactical errors before being allowed to make about 40 signings.(B)

if Ross got the boot after those six losses i would have been equally embarrassed, as i will be if Stubbs gets punted now. And as now i would be calling for the board to step down having made such catastrophic decisions our club cannot afford! The buck has to stop with the decision maker!

WTF 🤣

46 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Don't recall you asking for the decision makers to stand down when Craig, Murray and Rae were binned soon after being appointed emoji23.png

I asked for them to chuck it before Murray and Craig even got their jobs, i spoke out on here about how bad it would be to appoint Murray as he had nothing in his make up to suggest he would a good manager. What i got back from a lot of these people now calling for Stubbs to go was 'but he kept Dumbarton up' yes.. feck me that was all they could muster on his behalf.

Rae i knew about before it happened, and that Ross was coming in. As i said to the decision maker, big call, your call hope it works out.

now what else havent i said that you dont recall?

5 minutes ago, davidg said:

If McIntyre comes in it's important that we give him a chance and don't expect immediate results. We need to be patient.

He started at County after the early season sacking of Derek Adams, taking charge on 9th September. He then went on to win only 2 out of his first 19 games in charge and managed to avoid relegation finishing 9th.

Hopefully he can make a more immediate impact but change doesn't happen overnight.

You do realise the 'stubbs out' torch and pitchfork brigade just shit themselves with that stat "he then went on to win only two of his first NINETEEN games".... 

they cant count past four!

9 minutes ago, davidg said:

Ross vs Rae again! :lol:

14 minutes ago, davidg said:

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You do realise the 'stubbs out' torch and pitchfork brigade just shit themselves with that stat "he then went on to win only two of his first NINETEEN games".... 

they cant count past four!

5 minutes ago, davidg said:

Yip.

Yeah looks like Jim Mc is the man to double our games won tally before the end of the season.

can you see the people calling for him to replace Stubbs sticking with it past five losses? If it does come to pass the people calling for him to be the next manager will have had him out by Christmas.,

edit: just thought about a previous loan deal i heard of where the loanee could be recalled by the parent club if the manager changed during the loan period, and the parent club didnt want their man to play under the newbie!

that could be another unthought through BIG problem if the loan deals were done similar?

Edited by Lord Pityme

Guest TPAFKATS
Yeah looks like Jim Mc is the man to double our games won tally before the end of the season.
can you see the people calling for him to replace Stubbs sticking with it past five losses? If it does come to pass the people calling for him to be the next manager will have had him out by Christmas.,
edit: just thought about a previous loan deal i heard of where the loanee could be recalled by the parent club if the manager changed during the loan period, and the parent club didnt want their man to play under the newbie!
that could be another unthought through BIG problem if the loan deals were done similar?
I'm not seeing many calling for Jim Mcintyre to get the job. I am seeing many calling for Alan Stubbs to be relieved of his duties.
There's a difference, it might be a subtle one but there's definitely a difference.

4 minutes ago, elvis said:

Someone Has said it's only a years wage he will get. 

There's certainly very little likelihood that it would be much more than that. That's why contracts are drawn up - to include various caveats, conditions, and clauses.

Hopefully it will cost little more to bag Stubbs and Jackson (and possibly Rice) than the compensation we received for Ross and Fowler. That said, they possibly had their own release type clauses in the contracts they had with St Mirren.

Edited by Drew

The Jim McIntyre rumour was flying about Tynecastle  at half time on Saturday but I never really thought it would come to anything.  If the reports are true then we may be singing this a week on Friday.

The first was scored by Naismith

The second by Ollie Lee

Another two from Naismth

Left the hearts fans full of Glee

No goals were scored by Saint Mirren

But a flukey hearts O.G.

And then arrived Jim McIntyre

Bye, Bye to you Stubbsy

All together now

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think thats a forlorn hope? Theres a reason for signing a three year deal, the clue is in the number three!

Now you are talking nonsense you are not that stupid not to think it might be a cluse in the contract of a one year pay off. 

Edited by elvis