Stubbs can go now

Just now, elvis said:

Now you are talking nonsense you are not that stupid not to think it might be a clue in the contract of a one year pay off. 

What you are talking about is just pure hope! No one on here has a clue whats in Stubbs & co's contracts. But what you can use as a guide is the length of it. If they were only ever going to pay him one years compo they would never have agreed a three year deal. They thought/hoped they would be picking up a bigger compo deal than than what they got for Ross when Stubbs went to a bigger club!

if they do part ways that will have backfired spectacularly on the board too.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What you are talking about is just pure hope! No one on here has a clue whats in Stubbs & co's contracts. But what you can use as a guide is the length of it. If they were only ever going to pay him one years compo they would never have agreed a three year deal. They thought/hoped they would be picking up a bigger compo deal than than what they got for Ross when Stubbs went to a bigger club!

You keep believing that if you like. 

Imagine the discussion...

Scott" well Alan its just not working out, hows about we pay you a years salary, and call it quits?"

Stubbs Lawyer "Mr Scott, you insisted, for stability that my client sign a three year deal, with a clause that the club would be due a substantial release fee if another club offered him a position in that period. If you are offering my client a deal, then it will be the one in the terms of the contract you signed, just call us when you are ready to confirm that"

end of meeting.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Scott" well Alan its just not working out, hows about we pay you a years salary, and call it quits?"

Stubbs Lawyer "Mr Scott, you insisted, for stability that my client sign a three year deal, with a clause that the club would be due a substantial release fee if another club offered him a position in that period. If you are offering my client a deal, then it will be the one in the terms of the contract you signed, just call us when you are ready to confirm that"

end of meeting.

I guess Kenny Miller will have walked away with 2 years salary from Livingston then?

Don't be fucking stupid.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

end of meeting.

Can’t really comment either way though, can you?

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of clause for releasing - either if another club approached or we wanted to ‘sack’ him. A years salary either way seems pretty plausible.

46 minutes ago, ulysses said:

I don’t think it’s that Shull. Obviously some players aren’t giving their all which is obvious. The senior players still are, I feel. But there’s only so much you can do when you’re pissed off at work. It’s the same for anybody.

If I am pissed off at work and I don't give 100%, there could be a sorry ending for me, my passengers and other road users. 

I expect 100% from all players, even more so with the fans being ripped off to get in and watch them. 

46 minutes ago, davidg said:

If McIntyre comes in it's important that we give him a chance and don't expect immediate results. We need to be patient.

He started at County after the early season sacking of Derek Adams, taking charge on 9th September. He then went on to win only 2 out of his first 19 games in charge and managed to avoid relegation finishing 9th.

Hopefully he can make a more immediate impact but change doesn't happen overnight.

similar to jack ross

I doubted myself if Ross and Fowler were going to turn it round after 2 wins in 15 and really struggling.

I think most people though realised the scale of the task and cut them slack. Very few called for the sack.

Anyone coming in will be in the same boat

Stubbs is in a different category altogether. Made a shambles of what was a decent side which needed strengthened, not destroyed.

Edited by lenziebud

40 minutes ago, davidg said:

If McIntyre comes in it's important that we give him a chance and don't expect immediate results. We need to be patient.

He started at County after the early season sacking of Derek Adams, taking charge on 9th September. He then went on to win only 2 out of his first 19 games in charge and managed to avoid relegation finishing 9th.

Hopefully he can make a more immediate impact but change doesn't happen overnight.

Why should McIntyre get a chance ? 

What if our sooper dooper professional senior players are not happy with him after a few days, a week or a couple of months ? 

Are torn faces Captain McGinn and Cammy Smith the new Board of Directors ? 

What a crap Club we are. 

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Someone called you a drama queen further up lol it's true. Kenny Miller oh aye Livingston get out clause. Contracts are for both parties or do you never read the small print. Anyway you wrote he would be here till Christmas only at lunch time, I see you are coming round now lol. 

I wish fans would take notice it’s not just the four league games played its the feel good factor that has totally gone.Alan is no doubt a nice guy but recruitment has been woeful he seems only intent in bringing guys from down south like young inexperienced loanees and players from non league.Its as thought he has lost touch with the Scottish market.We could have brought in tried and tested players like Darren O’Dea Dom Thomas and Ryan Dow pre transfer deadline.All we got was loanees once again two of which can’t play against their parent clubs this season.Moreover we failed to beat two amateur sides in the League Cuo over ninety minutes.We all want what is best for our beloved Football Club and reluctantly for me I just feel that Alan is incapable of doing the job

1 minute ago, shull said:

Why should McIntyre get a chance ? 

What if our sooper dooper professional senior players are not happy with him after a few days, a week or a couple of months ? 

Are torn faces Captain McGinn and Cammy Smith the new Board of Directors ? 

What a crap Club we are. 

nope we are a good club and we hopefully deal with someone like Stubbs correctly. 

Cammy Smith and Stephen McGinn are good pros, Stubbs is the problem

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

end of meeting.

The termination fee isn't specifically linked to the length of the deal. There will be a separate termination clause which will stipulate a much lower fee, probably a year's salary, for termination, with a similar amount being due if another club wanted to offer the manager a position while he was under contract.

Just now, Soctty said:

The termination fee isn't specifically linked to the length of the deal. There will be a separate termination clause which will stipulate a much lower fee, probably a year's salary, for termination, with a similar amount being due if another club wanted to offer the manager a position while he was under contract.

Stop it, talking sense like this doesn’t fit in with Somner 9’s agenda.:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I wish fans would take notice it’s not just the four league games played its the feel good factor that has totally gone.Alan is no doubt a nice guy but recruitment has been woeful he seems only intent in bringing guys from down south like young inexperienced loanees and players from non league.Its as thought he has lost touch with the Scottish market.We could have brought in tried and tested players like Darren O’Dea Dom Thomas and Ryan Dow pre transfer deadline.All we got was loanees once again two of which can’t play against their parent clubs this season.Moreover we failed to beat two amateur sides in the League Cuo over ninety minutes.We all want what is best for our beloved Football Club and reluctantly for me I just feel that Alan is incapable of doing the job

His last two signings have top flight experience and so did Kenny Miller - maybe Stubbs had wised up a bit. :toilet