Stubbs can go now

3 minutes ago, div said:

I trust you are extending this invitation to everyone who has disagreed with you on the forum?

If you think I'm scared of you, you're very much mistaken. I think you're absolutely hilarious!

I want to look you in the eye, and give you the opportunity to say it straight to my face. If i was inclined to say the same things to you, i would say it to your face. I wouldnt hide/deflect/try and involve others. I would have the courage of my convictions! Maybe thats the big difference between us?

7 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

With Dignity intact?  Really leaked over twitter by an ex chairmain and a fan on here is dignity.  I would expect the club to inform the people involved and make a statement before passing information to other individuals to leak on SM. 

Gilmour is just tittle tattling. It's what he does. It is what he always did. I've said elsewhere that it isn't particularly edifying, not least given his latter form when it came to appointments.

As for what goes on here, it an unofficial fitba fans forum, so I would have thought that pretty much anything goes.

Anyway, it is all quiet over at Greenhill Road, so maybe he is staying after all....:toilet

Edited by Drew

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

I want to look you in the eye, and give you the opportunity to say it straight to my face. If i was inclined to say the same things to you, i would say it to your face. I wouldnt hide/deflect/try and involve others. I would have the courage of my convictions! Maybe thats the big difference between us?

Not at all, as I say, I'm more than happy to tell you to your face. Any time you like. I don't hide, you will be able to find me very easily.

Peter knows me, he's had a couple of goes at me in the past, so just ask him to point me out!

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

I hope they are selling popcorn at the next home game   :cheers

8 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
15 hours ago, jaybee said:

Well, whilst I absolutely approve of fans input into a club and have no problem with the likes of SMISA being a minority shareholder; I would have to agree with Dumbo bud on the principle of fans running a club not being the'best' idea I have ever heard and I am likely to be lambasted for this and inundated  with examples of  'other clubs' that have done so successfully.  Don't care it's my opinion.

I may also have to agree with your assessment that perhaps the decision is not working so far and does appear to be extremely flawed, at the moment anyway, however to use another club as an example to explain better my belief in how things work at St Mirren park.  Chelsea have a chairman and three directors who I am sure sit down and discuss a myriad of issues within the club, but when the resolution of all of these issues are put before Roman Abramovich who do you think makes the final decision?  I suppose my real point is the buck stops at the owners door, but hey he is the owner and has that right 

Fans ownership of 51% is to stop the club from being taken over by who have not got the best interest of our club that is what fan ownership is for. The board will run as it does now with one member voted in by it's members . The boardroom will be no diffrent  from what it is now. 

Sorry I really don't wish to appear dim; but if you have as I have; heard of the phrase' lunatics in charge of the asylum' how then is 'then' the same boardroom as 'now'? Now we have one owner who with advice from the board decides what to do (see Abramovich above).  Whereas; then we would have the fans or more accurately SMISA in charge, I have to admit to not being a fan of the way SMISA is run (just my feeling regarding what has been discussed in public)   so; without looking to be argumentative (too much) how is that even remotely the same as now?  Perhaps in your little fantasy world but not in real life my friend.  I understand an appreciate the ethos behind it but IMO it's wrong.

57 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It means simply if you dont have the guts to say it to my face, then dont say it hiding behind a keyboard.

What I read  on Div's first post was a request. Albeit a poorly worded one. I think you're being a tad sensitive LP.

I don't get this, "See you in the playground", lark.