Stubbs can go now

Just now, elvis said:

It was just his interview after Saturday saying once the players are over the line they can't pull them into the positions they should be in Alec Rae hopes he gets more time Hugh keevins we were diabolical. 

The usual 5 seconds off the only subject they really care about - Rangers and Celtic.  5 seconds of Stubbs then a phone in Fud predicting Rangers will never be beaten again. Utter guff.

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Gordon Scott is responsible for this fiasco.

Stubbs was never going to be a popular appointment.

Performances (and the subsequent results) make you popular. He had every bit the opportunity to do this. Sadly we've had far too few acceptable performances and a team littered with deadwood that are now on long term contracts and we need to offload.

I hope HIS staff aren't far behind him.

Sadly. If a manager loses, or in this case, can't get the backing of, the players, there really only is one outcome.

I was hoping Stubbs was a genius and saw things in his signings no one else did but, going by the product it wasn't the case.

The next massive problem is that, whoever comes in, they'll have to build a team from the dross. Possibly plus a couple of unattached players in key positions.

The rollercoaster is still travelling my friends.

Didn’t think it was a bad appointment but how wrong?! :o

Had my first concern before a ball was even kicked.

When I saw one of his first interviews he was asked if McGinn would still be his captain. It was a bog standard question just needing the standard throwaway answer from a manager. Some basic response needed like, ‘he’s captained the league winning team, has good experience in England and the SPL - he’s the captain for now.’ 

Instead, Stubbs says ‘I’ve not really thought about it. I haven’t met him yet,’ etc.  It wasn’t really a big deal but it just showed a basic inability to handle himself. He was given a chance with that question to say something positive but instead he chose to ramble the first shite that came into his head and in doing so introduce doubt about the position of our league winning captain. Before they’ve even met for pre-season! 

That is just amateurish. 

Unfortunately it seems that he may have continued in that vein in everything he has done at our club. 

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

f**k it. Oh well. We move on. The next guy will get my full support whilst he is here as has every manager we've ever had. Can't remember ever asking for a manager to be sacked during their contract.

We have that in common oaksoft. At least now the ghost of Jack Ross might have been left behind and the new guy can begin without that monkey on his back. Last season was great but it's now history. COYS

5 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Didn’t think it was a bad appointment but how wrong?! :o

Had my first concern before a ball was even kicked.

When I saw one of his first interviews he was asked if McGinn would still be his captain. It was a bog standard question just needing the standard throwaway answer from a manager. Some basic response needed like, ‘he’s captained the league winning team, has good experience in England and the SPL - he’s the captain for now.’ 

Instead, Stubbs says ‘I’ve not really thought about it. I haven’t met him yet,’ etc.  It wasn’t really a big deal but it just showed a basic inability to handle himself. He was given a chance with that question to say something positive but instead he chose to ramble the first shite that came into his head and in doing so introduce doubt about the position of our league winning captain. Before they’ve even met for pre-season! 

That is just amateurish. 

Unfortunately it seems that he may have continued in that vein in everything he has done at our club. 

This!!!!

I was discussing that very interview at the weekend! It was an utter embarrassment with the fumbling answer he gave. I gave him the very big benefit of the doubt after seeing that but I had my fears after that. I wondered if we had just been spoiled with the definitive talking from JR or if he was really just an idiot.

6 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Looking forward to see Mackenzie, Eckersley and McShane in the starting line up in the next game, otherwise the new manager will be guilty of dismantling last season’s championship winning side!

They will at least get their chance when fit... not told they are surplus to requirements without him seeing them train/play.

53 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Kenny McIntyre said he had spoken with Stubbs today about the stories being run in a few papers and Stubbs claimed he had been given assurances from the club the stories were untrue. The panel didn't spend a lot of time on the issue and no new info was given except for Kenny McIntyre saying he had spoken with Stubbs about the claims.

Awful way to treat the man if true ...