Jump to content

Recommended Posts

“Stubbs was inconclusive when asked whether Smith was free to leave.

He said: “I don’t know, no. At the moment, no. You know what football is like, anything can change. But as far as I am standing here now, what I have got is what I have got.

“If something happens over the weekend or next week and we feel as if it’s for the benefit of the football club and makes us stronger, then it might be something that we look at.”

The Saints boss was more certain about his desire to bring in Kenny Miller, whose departure as Livingston player/manager did not disrupt the visitors.

“We’ve registered our interest so now we are just waiting to see,” Stubbs said. “From a financial thing, I think that would be OK. It’s just what Kenny wants to do now in terms of his options.”

That interview seems to me like he wants Kenny in then move Cammy Smith on


Where is this interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

"Stubbsy wasted his first two weeks chasing Shiwbiz Stars"

a still think Kylie would have been a good signing.

Its not stripes, but shed do! :wub:

article-2344734-1A68D094000005DC-195_634x1061.jpg PS - Check out the pervs in the background! :whistle

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You also said Ross was out of his depth and we would go down.

Sometimes it's better to take a deep breath before jumping in, just saying. 

No I didn't 

I bet you will trawl through this site and find some quote where you can take it out of context.

You still backing Stubbs ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To be honest I have no idea how you came to that conclusion from those quotes.

He said "at the moment no" when asked about whether he was free to leave.

I think we should take him at his word on that.

That puts to bed the garbage being spouted on here by pod about Cammy being told he could go unconditionally if he could find a club.

It's the Eckersley situation all over again with people spouting all sorts of nonsense.

It is seriously disheartening to see fans deliberately trying to harm our own club in this way.

He says at the moment no but then goes on to say if something happens over the weekend or next week it maybe something he will look at.

 

Then talks about hoping to get Kenny in who is another player that like to play central just behind the striker.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

He says at the moment no but then goes on to say if something happens over the weekend or next week it maybe something he will look at.

 

Then talks about hoping to get Kenny in who is another player that like to play central just behind the striker.

 

 

Yes but he didnt talk about those being mutually exclusive events. We could incorporate both in our team.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

No I didn't 

I bet you will trawl through this site and find some quote where you can take it out of context.

You still backing Stubbs ?

Sigh....................

He started Clarkson at Dumbarton !. He's won 2 in 15 and we are still shipping horrendous goals. Raith probably should have had a penalty awarded at the end of our 1-0 win ?. Not overly impressed with Ross so far but next few weeks will give us a better idea. I have this feeling that Ross may be out his depth in Championship but could get us out of League One if we land up there, but takes us nowehere after that !

 

If Ayr beat Dumbarton on Saturday I think we are down. 10 points is too much I feel for this current sqaud to haul back. I don't think we are good enough to beat Ayr twice and beat Dunfermline at home. We can't beat a poor Dumbarton team and a point was all we deserved on Saturday.  Ayr will be battling for all its worth and I don't see that in us. Just not showing it at all. So for me I think we are virtually gone if Ayr get 3 points on Saturday

Also have my doubts about the ability of management team to get us out of it. Starting Clarkson for Sutton on Saturday just makes me despair.

As for me backing Stubbs, I think it's too early for people to be shouting about sacking him, the same people who have been on his case for weeks.

Keep up your usual level of support that's what the club needs. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sigh....................

He started Clarkson at Dumbarton !. He's won 2 in 15 and we are still shipping horrendous goals. Raith probably should have had a penalty awarded at the end of our 1-0 win ?. Not overly impressed with Ross so far but next few weeks will give us a better idea. I have this feeling that Ross may be out his depth in Championship but could get us out of League One if we land up there, but takes us nowehere after that !

 

If Ayr beat Dumbarton on Saturday I think we are down. 10 points is too much I feel for this current sqaud to haul back. I don't think we are good enough to beat Ayr twice and beat Dunfermline at home. We can't beat a poor Dumbarton team and a point was all we deserved on Saturday.  Ayr will be battling for all its worth and I don't see that in us. Just not showing it at all. So for me I think we are virtually gone if Ayr get 3 points on Saturday

Also have my doubts about the ability of management team to get us out of it. Starting Clarkson for Sutton on Saturday just makes me despair.

As for me backing Stubbs, I think it's too early for people to be shouting about sacking him, the same people who have been on his case for weeks.

Keep up your usual level of support that's what the club needs. :wink:

Yes pretty much the same way that most SMFC fans were thinking at the time. You are taking things out of context which is what you do. At no point did I call for Jack Ross to be sacked but given the run of results we were on like most I had my doubts. Why wouldn't you ?. Probably did yourself.

Yep my level of support will be going as a season ticket holder. What is yours ?. 

Don't change my opinion on Stubbs one single bit and I believe we will sack him in the end. Could play your game though and give bland responses.

The context of Ross taking over SMFC was inifinitely different to the circumstances that Stubbs has taken over in. 

So your trawling of the site proves heehaw !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

Yes pretty much the same way that most SMFC fans were thinking at the time. You are taking things out of context which is what you do. At no point did I call for Jack Ross to be sacked but given the run of results we were on like most I had my doubts. Why wouldn't you ?. Probably did yourself.

Yep my level of support will be going as a season ticket holder. What is yours ?. 

Don't change my opinion on Stubbs one single bit and I believe we will sack him in the end. Could play your game though and give bland responses.

The context of Ross taking over SMFC was inifinitely different to the circumstances that Stubbs has taken over in. 

So your trawling of the site proves heehaw !

Beep beep beep...............................:byebye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Beep beep beep...............................:byebye

Yep you usual response. Bland and no content.

Last week you were waiting for stats ? 

St Mirren 0  Livi 2 (going on 5). 

One day the penny will drop for you

Noticed you never added your level of support for the club ?

Edited by lenziebud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I caught a HT summary on Radio Shortbread of the Celtic v Hamilton game. The verdict was that Hamilton were very disciplined and well drilled.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Martin Canning. A guy that was thrown in at the deep end after Alex Neil left. A guy with no previous managerial experience at any level. Despite this, he has somehow managed to keep his club in the top league for several seasons.

Now, my position on Stubbs was that he only had to be better (or at least as capable) than the likes of Canning, McCann and whoever would be managing Livingston at any given point.

It is the absence of any consistent tactics, little planning in evidence, and a complete failure to execute the basics that is so alarming even this early in the season.

Like Stubbs, Canning was a defender, but it seems that he has drawn on this and made his team hard to break down. As things stand, our defending has been the most shambolic element in terms of the many deficiencies on display.

Edited by Drew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Drew said:

I caught a HT summary on Radio Shortbread of the Celtic v Hamilton game. The verdict was that Hamilton were very disciplined and well drilled.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Martin Canning. A guy that was thrown in at the deep end after Alex Neil left. A guy with no previous managerial experience at any level. Despite this, he has somehow managed to keep his club in the top league for several seasons.

Now, my position on Stubbs was that he only had to be better (or at least as capable) than the likes of Canning, McCann and whoever would be managing Livingston at any given point.

It is the absence of any consistent tactics, little planning in evidence, and a complete failure to execute the basics that is so alarming even this early in the season.

Like Stubbs, Canning was a defender, but it seems that he has drawn on this and made his team hard to break down. As things stand, our defending has been the most shambolic element in terms of the many deficiencies on display.

With hindsight and I know hindsight is cheating, but I wish we had gone with Jim Goodwin. My thinking being that even if we were struggling we would probably have maintained the tremendous connection between the fans, players and Club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How does me stayin aff the forum stop me being a dumb shite supporter? Ya eejit!


You didn’t ask how we stop people being dumb shites. You asked how to get rid of them.

I offered up the fairly obvious solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

That money has already been allocated to other things such as desperately needed repairs.

Any money spent on sacking him would be money we would not have in January for players.

What's your next big idea for finding money for a payoff?

Not so easy eh?

Thought as much you haven`t been to a game have you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, magnus said:

With hindsight and I know hindsight is cheating, but I wish we had gone with Jim Goodwin. My thinking being that even if we were struggling we would probably have maintained the tremendous connection between the fans, players and Club. 

Jim was my pick. That's not to say it would have worked out, but at least he has a genuine regard for the club and fans. That would have been a start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

That money has already been allocated to other things such as desperately needed repairs.

Any money spent on sacking him would be money we would not have in January for players.

What's your next big idea for finding money for a payoff?

Not so easy eh?

Take the SMISA cash, go to marathon bet and stick it all on Hearts to win next week at 3/4. A sure bet if ever there was one. If you fancy a gamble then correct scores of 2-0 and above will bring a nice return. Not a gambler so will stick with the hearts win.  Easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

That money has already been allocated to other things such as desperately needed repairs.

Any money spent on sacking him would be money we would not have in January for players.

What's your next big idea for finding money for a payoff?

Not so easy eh?

The McGinn cash is a windfall that was only confirmed this month - quick work! :rolleyes:

It's also a pretty significant sum for us - we have a history of running as close to breakeven as possible, I'd be surprised if extra money isn't made available to Stubbsy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, magnus said:

With hindsight and I know hindsight is cheating, but I wish we had gone with Jim Goodwin. My thinking being that even if we were struggling we would probably have maintained the tremendous connection between the fans, players and Club. 

Hindsight would not have prevented our current plight if it reveals that we should have appointed a 'St Mirren man'..

JR (and I was one of his many admirers) was generally seen as a 'St Mirren man' but he left us with an inadequate squad after winning the Championship by a clear margin.

However, we often struggled to get results last season and the reason we managed to finish on top by a clear margin IMO, was more because of JR's abilities to motivate and organise the players we had, rather than because we had a squad of players who were so much better than anyone else.

The truth is JR left us with a squad, he himself, seemed to acknowledge was not good enough to compete successfully in the SPFL.

The timing of his departure did not help nor did the time we took to appoint a replacement.

Livingston seem to have managed the transition from one manager to another much better - but many would argue that the man in charge there has not changed.

Stubbs has not had a happy baptism so far and I can agree with a lot of the criticism that is being levelled against him, but let's not forget that it was a 'St Mirren man' who left us in this position to start with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...