Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Ethan said:

If and I hope that he doesnt we should get a fee for Smith. Letting him just leave is gross mismanagement.

CAMMY MUST STAY. If we get a fee it will simply be used to repair the PA system or a leaking cludgie somewhere in the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

CAMMY MUST STAY. If we get a fee it will simply be used to repair the PA system or a leaking cludgie somewhere in the stadium.

I'm more concerned about the leaking defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s actually very sad to see us in this state so early in the season. The boards can’t sack anyone so let’s forget this. Stubbs is the manager but his recruitment has been all over the place. There seems to be no  set policy and it’s resulted in guys signing who are way off the standard required. I worry when the manager sits all game and doesn’t get on the touchline ? What I think is most disappointing is that we had it all there for us. Add in some proven spl standard players and we would be competitive. We haven’t we have ripped up the team and with it the team spirit i has been diminished. The latest suggestion of smith leaving is absolutely astonishing and if true it must have board members wondering what is going on.  With the chance of winning any points in the next two games unlikely we will have more negative press and never have I seen a crowd want the manager out when the season is only three weeks old. He shouldn’t go he should be able to build a team but it has to happen quick and we need to at least be competitive. Yesterday the team looked flat they look like they aren’t playing for the boss and this usually leads to relegation and a managerial change 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So why would someone so closely linked with the club, relelease tweets of such an incendiary nature, knowing full well it will fuel the 'hang Stubbs' lynch mob? 
Luvin that follow up tweet, after stabbing someone in the back pledging your unswavering support! That could have been crafted by any politician, and Just like any House of Cards... it will all come tumbling down. No wonder David has had enough.
maybe we'll get the taxi driver to give his perspective on air in the aftermath?


You’ve absolutely lost it. Heads completely gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, div said:

 


“Releasing tweets to destabilise the manager”

I love that you think my twitter account is really that powerful.

You will of course have seen my tweet this morning saying that I remain supportive of the manager?

You said the Cammy Smith story was, and I quote, “fake news”. Fake news that Stubbs himself has since confirmed!

 

Glad to know that you are supportive of the manager - so am I. 

Experience has taught me that taking over management of any organisation or team has its ups and downs.

Some employees welcome the change and adopt and adapt quickly.

For others they go through a process which include denial and resistance before acceptance.  

The manager has difficult choices to make and it is hard to keep all stakeholders happy. 

Some of the very best performing individuals often experience the greatest difficulties in handling the changes. 

The manager needs to be future focussed and resolute. 

As long as the board support him fully then Alan Stubs appears to be both. 

But... As a fan and supporter,  like any other,  I am tempted to take the easy route and find fault when things don't immediately go our way. 

I am prepared to be patient and look to the board to support the manager in recruitment and in moving players on should he think it needed.

Doesn't mean that I don't have views on our performances this season or on decisions made... But I respect the right of the manager to make them. 

The board will hold him accountable.... That's part of their role. 

Meanwhile Div is entitled to his opinions as much as the rest of us surely?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

It’s actually very sad to see us in this state so early in the season. The boards can’t sack anyone so let’s forget this. Stubbs is the manager but his recruitment has been all over the place. There seems to be no  set policy and it’s resulted in guys signing who are way off the standard required. I worry when the manager sits all game and doesn’t get on the touchline ? What I think is most disappointing is that we had it all there for us. Add in some proven spl standard players and we would be competitive. We haven’t we have ripped up the team and with it the team spirit i has been diminished. The latest suggestion of smith leaving is absolutely astonishing and if true it must have board members wondering what is going on.  With the chance of winning any points in the next two games unlikely we will have more negative press and never have I seen a crowd want the manager out when the season is only three weeks old. He shouldn’t go he should be able to build a team but it has to happen quick and we need to at least be competitive. Yesterday the team looked flat they look like they aren’t playing for the boss and this usually leads to relegation and a managerial change 

In summary then....

He should stay and be permitted to build a team based on his record of signing players who are well off the standard required????:blink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Glad to know that you are supportive of the manager - so am I. 

Experience has taught me that taking over management of any organisation or team has its ups and downs.

Some employees welcome the change and adopt and adapt quickly.

For others they go through a process which include denial and resistance before acceptance.  

The manager has difficult choices to make and it is hard to keep all stakeholders happy. 

Some of the very best performing individuals often experience the greatest difficulties in handling the changes. 

The manager needs to be future focussed and resolute. 

As long as the board support him fully then Alan Stubs appears to be both. 

But... As a fan and supporter,  like any other,  I am tempted to take the easy route and find fault when things don't immediately go our way. 

I am prepared to be patient and look to the board to support the manager in recruitment and in moving players on should he think it needed.

Doesn't mean that I don't have views on our performances this season or on decisions made... But I respect the right of the manager to make them. 

The board will hold him accountable.... That's part of their role. 

Meanwhile Div is entitled to his opinions as much as the rest of us surely?

 

Most of our employees can't defend a corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, div said:

 


You’ve absolutely lost it. Heads completely gone.

 

Really, hmmm first we had the sorry Lee Mair debacle under Lennon, then the Argie Armageddon, more recently the cringeworthy #teameck.... now you are attempting to destabilise  the manager with the Cammy Smith stuff... but you insist you are fully supportive of the manager..!

you do know that people can be stupid and dangerous, but a person looks, listens and thinks a bit more than the crowd? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Really, hmmm first we had the sorry Lee Mair debacle under Lennon, then the Argie Armageddon, more recently the cringeworthy #teameck.... now you are attempting to destabilise  the manager with the Cammy Smith stuff... but you insist you are fully supportive of the manager..!

you do know that people can be stupid and dangerous, but a person looks, listens and thinks a bit more than the crowd? 

 

 

I’m not on this forum as much as many of you and as such have missed most of the fabled meltdowns but this one looks as though it has legs so I’m going to grab my and see where it goes.

 

LPM, I’m genuinely not sure what your beef is with Div but you are coming across as a complete loon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Really, hmmm first we had the sorry Lee Mair debacle under Lennon, then the Argie Armageddon, more recently the cringeworthy #teameck.... now you are attempting to destabilise  the manager with the Cammy Smith stuff... but you insist you are fully supportive of the manager..!
you do know that people can be stupid and dangerous, but a person looks, listens and thinks a bit more than the crowd? 


Yeah, it was me who dropped Cammy Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

 

You're quite dim, and getting angrier makes you look even dimmer.............:lol:

30,234 posts, 19,642 likes..................away and calm down, it's only a daft football forum. :byebye

19,643 likes and counting :lol:

I just cant understand the mentality of even THINKING that spunking a large portion of the McGinn money sacking Stubbs after just 3 league games was a sensible strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Cammy Smith leaves, Stubbs can get to f**k as far as I'm concerned.

With the possible exception of Willock, none of Stubbs's players are better than Cammy.

It's not even as if he's got a fixed system that just happens to not work with a number 10 - he just doesn't have a fixed system at all.

I am so f**king disappointed with this.

(Weirdly, Goodwin would be better off taking the job now than two months ago, because at least expectations have been tempered now.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Note the photo in the Times.

2 sat on their arse whilst Rice was probably on the touchline covering for Stubbs.

Any feedback on Rice? Dont know how good he is but at least he seems to care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

If Cammy Smith leaves, Stubbs can get to f**k as far as I'm concerned.

With the possible exception of Willock, none of Stubbs's players are better than Cammy.

It's not even as if he's got a fixed system that just happens to not work with a number 10 - he just doesn't have a fixed system at all.

I am so f**king disappointed with this.

(Weirdly, Goodwin would be better off taking the job now than two months ago, because at least expectations have been tempered now.)

Willock certainly isn't better than Smith based on his appearances thus far.

I wholeheartedly agree on Cammy Smith potentially leaving. If, as now looks very likely, Smith does head out the door, Stubbs will have demonstrated that he is absolutely f**king clueless. I also think the BoD will have been guilty of a serious act of neglect in allowing it to happen.

Smith departing and Miller arriving? That is utterly farcical. It beggars belief, in fact.

f**king idiots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Glad to know that you are supportive of the manager - so am I. 

Experience has taught me that taking over management of any organisation or team has its ups and downs.

Some employees welcome the change and adopt and adapt quickly.

For others they go through a process which include denial and resistance before acceptance.  

The manager has difficult choices to make and it is hard to keep all stakeholders happy. 

Some of the very best performing individuals often experience the greatest difficulties in handling the changes. 

The manager needs to be future focussed and resolute. 

As long as the board support him fully then Alan Stubs appears to be both. 

But... As a fan and supporter,  like any other,  I am tempted to take the easy route and find fault when things don't immediately go our way. 

I am prepared to be patient and look to the board to support the manager in recruitment and in moving players on should he think it needed.

Doesn't mean that I don't have views on our performances this season or on decisions made... But I respect the right of the manager to make them. 

The board will hold him accountable.... That's part of their role. 

Meanwhile Div is entitled to his opinions as much as the rest of us surely?

 

That's a very good post Ricky. I think Stubbs is facing a few problems. He clearly hasn't been able to sign the players he wanted probably because we have f**k all cash compared to our competitors for those players. That isn't really in doubt.

He clearly will have met with some resistance from one or more established players to the changes he is trying to bring about. That is natural and to be expected. That will however create problems of cohesion for the entire squad. Crucially the new boys will be affected. Most of them are really young. What needs to happen here is for the players causing any problems to be removed ASAP and I dont care whether that is Stephen McGinn, Smith or anyone else. Not one of them are good enough for destructive dissent to be tolerated. This exact same problem caused our relegation before because those at the root of it were not sent packing. FFS let's hope we have learned our lesson.

Make no mistake, the new boys are good enough. You dont get to play for Man U, Birmingham and Middlesbrough if you are shite. They need confidence, this situation to be resolved and our support to start showing it.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's a very good post Ricky. I think Stubbs is facing a few problems. He clearly hasn't been able to sign the players he wanted probably because we have f**k all cash compared to our competitors for those players. That isn't really in doubt.

He clearly will have met with some resistance from one or more established players to the changes he is trying to bring about. That is natural and to be expected. That will however create problems of cohesion for the entire squad. Crucially the new boys will be affected. Most of them are really young. What needs to happen here is for the players causing any problems to be removed ASAP and I dont care whether that is Stephen McGinn, Smith or anyone else. Not one of them are good enough for destructive dissent to be tolerated. This exact same problem caused our relegation before because those at the root of it were not sent packing. FFS let's hope we have learned our lesson.

Make no mistake, the new boys are good enough. You dont get to play for Man U, Birmingham and Middlesbrough if you are shite. They need confidence, this situation to be resolved and our support to start showing it.

Spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:

Note the photo in the Times.

2 sat on their arse whilst Rice was probably on the touchline covering for Stubbs.

Any feedback on Rice? Dont know how good he is but at least he seems to care.

Rice is football mad. dedicated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Make no mistake, the new boys are good enough. You dont get to play for Man U, Birmingham and Middlesbrough if you are shite. They need confidence, this situation to be resolved and our support to start showing it.


Agree with most of your post but not this bit. History is littered with players that sign for big clubs and disappear because, for all their talent, some players simply can’t perform on the big stage. Furthermore putting a clutch of them together at a level they have never played at before may not be the best idea. In fact, it may well be a f**king horrible concept as we’ve witnessed recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If Cammy Smith leaves, Stubbs can get to f**k as far as I'm concerned.
With the possible exception of Willock, none of Stubbs's players are better than Cammy.
It's not even as if he's got a fixed system that just happens to not work with a number 10 - he just doesn't have a fixed system at all.
I am so f**king disappointed with this.
(Weirdly, Goodwin would be better off taking the job now than two months ago, because at least expectations have been tempered now.)


Goodwin was sounded out but didn’t want the gig. He wanted to finish what he started at Alloa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The BOD should be blocking any  intended transfer activity by Stubbs in the next week , don't allow him  to destroy anymore of last season's set-up and don't give him a cent to try and improve the team . Then hopefully he'll get the message. GLS and TF have made a collective pigs ear of this one , time to put the wrongs right !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...