Stubbs can go now

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

I think it was Richard Atkinson. Let’s be honest, when’s the last time he posted on here. Maybe the polis’ thought the W7 crew did it.

Probably when saw the opportunity to have a dig at SMiSA.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

All I'm trying to suggest it's way too early for the wave of supporters suggesting he gets punted.

This has been suggested for weeks now from a section of the forum users, Saturdays result, yes, a very poor performance also, has opened the door for people who made their minds up almost as soon as Stubbs was appointed. 

What "appears" is purely subjective, and is being used as a stick to beat the manager with. 

This season was always going to be a nightmare for us, although I would have been happier if Ross hadn't jumped ship.

There's been some well thought out posts, clearly we are in transition period, and it's obvious we, along with another few teams, are already looking at 10th place as a target but this has been a target for many before the season started.

People will think what they like, irrespective of what's really happening on and off the pitch.

It's been this way for years with us, nothing really changes. 

There are a few fundamentals that we might reasonably expect from any manager.

Evidence of a game plan, basic man management skills, and the ability to utilise the resources available to you to the best effect.

Stubbs has failed to demonstrate any of the above, despite coming in at a time when he should have been able to influence all of these areas.

A few things have very much tipped the balance for me. I have tried to be positive and patient, but after witnessing the latest debacle on Saturday, I have no confidence whatsoever in Stubbs' ability to turn this around.

Should we simply sit quietly and witness the inevitable decline of the club under a manager who looks increasingly out of his depth?

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

Probably when saw the opportunity to have a dig at SMiSA.

If having a dig at SMiSA is a lynching offence, there’s a few of us who post on this forum that should be worried. The upside though is that before any SMiSA lynchings, they must give members three options. If the options that week are lynch Lord Pityme, lynch pozbaird or new astroturf, I might scrape through.

Nice story...............I was once a new manager (NM) who inherited a workforce that were not up to the day to day demands. The NM slowly replaced almost all of the existing workforce with people who were up for the challenge. Despite the recession happening at the same time the company went from a loss maker to making a profit.

Just shows you.............................:wink:

Not sure you can compare being a pimp with a team of rentboys with football though?

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

Evidence of a game plan, basic man management skills, and the ability to utilise the resources available to you to the best effect.

Stubbs has failed to demonstrate any of the above, despite coming in at a time when he should have been able to influence all of these areas.

A few things have very much tipped the balance for me. I have tried to be positive and patient, but after witnessing the latest debacle on Saturday, I have no confidence whatsoever in Stubbs' ability to turn this around.

Should we simply sit quietly and witness the inevitable decline of the club under a manager who looks increasingly out of his depth?

At this stage this is your view, not inevitable.

There were similar comments made about Jack Ross (Out of his depth) thank feck the people that run the club didn't listen to them.

Edited by faraway saint

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

I don't think that a decline is inevitable.  I do think that we need to be more realistic in our expectations. 

42 to 44 points from 38 matches will see a team to safety in this league.. An average of just over 1 point per game. 

Livvy have a great record against us head to head. 

They play simple,  quick football,  look to create corners and set pieces and attack the resulting crosses in the air. 

We didn't defend,  we didn't pick up second balls,  we didn't pick up runners. 

Alan Stubbs wasn't playing.  

Watching that game on Saturday reminded me of Tommy Craig’s first home match, where got beat 2-0 off the newly promoted Hamilton side.

TC’s signings looked totally out their depth, and our usual core of good players (McGinn, McLean, Naismith etc) looked like they didn’t know where they were meant to be playing.

Looked the exact same on Sat.

Seen these signs far too many times. Stubbs is a write off.

At this stage this is your view, not inevitable.
There were similar comments made about Jack Ross (Out of his depth) thank feck the people that run the club didn't listen to them.
Problem with that assertion is that Jack hadn't been given a window to reshape squad at all or have the team playing the way he wants. Stubbs has had enough time to bring in players and implement his philosophy, and neither has come to fruition. All we are hearing is excuses about individual mistakes and haphazard recruitment policy.

The oft repeated claim on here is 'Stubbs ripped up last season first team squad'... ok, name the group of first team players who have left under his watch..?
Most of the pruning was already underway before Stubbs. I would agree with most of those that have left, very few would've been, anywhere near first team, problem is that those recruited do not look light they were even on a par with the leavers

The oft repeated claim on here is 'Stubbs ripped up last season first team squad'... ok, name the group of first team players who have left under his watch..?

I don’t buy into that claim.

However, what he should have done was add to last seasons squad (minus Morgan, Davis, etc) with players of a higher quality. Unfortunately, the players he has signed have been utter dugmeat (with the exception of Willock).

56 minutes ago, ulysses said:

I don’t buy into that claim.

However, what he should have done was add to last seasons squad (minus Morgan, Davis, etc) with players of a higher quality. Unfortunately, the players he has signed have been utter dugmeat (with the exception of Willock).

Totally spot on. We had the bones of a squad that had bonded. We only required 4 or 5 players who could and had played at this level.  What has happened is carnage with the squad weakened by players at this moment in time unable to compete at this level. King etc may come good but right now we need a team. I fear that Stubbs has lost the squad we had and is pushing them out the door. 

Why does Allan stubbs go sit in dug out when we concede a goal? Is that not the time to get out of the dug out and stand on the touchline? Happy to stand there when 0-0 or if we're up, but concede, and he goes and hides in dug out. Teams a shambles. At least when JR changed the line up and we weren't winning, you could still see what he was trying to do. You could still see the improvement. Not you you can't. It's dreadful. Won't ask for his p45 but been watching Saints for a long time and it looks like another long season of poor performances and dwindling crowds..

3 minutes ago, buddygreat said:

Why does Allan stubbs go sit in dug out when we concede a goal? Is that not the time to get out of the dug out and stand on the touchline? Happy to stand there when 0-0 or if we're up, but concede, and he goes and hides in dug out. Teams a shambles. At least when JR changed the line up and we weren't winning, you could still see what he was trying to do. You could still see the improvement. Not you you can't. It's dreadful. Won't ask for his p45 but been watching Saints for a long time and it looks like another long season of poor performances and dwindling crowds..

But if he came to wave to the fans at the end all would be forgiven. Much more important than getting results. Would bring us all together to share the misery. 

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

If having a dig at SMiSA is a lynching offence, there’s a few of us who post on this forum that should be worried. The upside though is that before any SMiSA lynchings, they must give members three options. If the options that week are lynch Lord Pityme, lynch pozbaird or new astroturf, I might scrape through.

Yes, but his sole purpose on this forum seems to be to appear to criticise SMiSA when there is yet another thrilling debate on their constitution and whether it's being followed correctly.

Maybe he's Stuart Dickson in disguise. Would explain a lot.

Stubbs has a better start to his St Mirren managerial career than Jack Ross had, and we are only 6 points off the top of the league.

Difference being JR was left with Raes dross till Jan. Stubbs was left a championship winning squad and dismantled it. I'm not saying he should be sacked. But he's got till the window is closed to get some decent players in or his job is in danger.

1 hour ago, Oldfellow said:

But if he came to wave to the fans at the end all would be forgiven. Much more important than getting results. Would bring us all together to share the misery. 

Personally I don't really care if the manager comes to engage with the fans at the end of a game, but away from home especially it costs nothing to thank the supporters for the time and money they've spent coming to back the team.

I do find it incredible though that a manager can sit in the dug out and watch his team put in such an abject performance without any encouragement at all.

A good manager needs to be a good leader.

18 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
39 minutes ago, Second Decay said:
Stubbs has a better start to his St Mirren managerial career than Jack Ross had, and we are only 6 points off the top of the league.

Stubbs was left a championship winning squad and dismantled it.

Did he dismantle it though ?

From the below list of departures he only really moved on Hippolyte and Stewart who were bit part at best and not really very good anyway.

Stelios – Ross never renewed his contract

Irvine – Ross released if I’m not mistaken

Davis – Wanted back down south

Smith – Returned to Hearts

Donati – Retired

Morgan – Went to Celtic

Todd – Released by Ross I’m sure

Hill – Returned to Celtic

Duffy – Punted to Airdrie

Sutton – Retired

Reilly – Arsed about with his contract and we revoked it

Hippolyte – Sold to Dunfermline

R.Stewart - Sold to County

3 hours ago, billyg said:

Rae got 6 league games under GLS before he was shown the door ,  I can't imagine Stubbs will get any longer if we lose the next three games with passionless , inept performances.

It's a horrible thought to consider, but maybe 3 more defeats wouldn't be such a bad thing if it leads to a positive change. I don't get to see games in person but from what I see online and from what I see of Stubbs in interviews I can't see how he can inspire an under-performing team. Appears to blame everyone but himself and from the outside it looks like he is already losing the dressing room given what's going on with McGinn and Smith.

4 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Did he dismantle it though ?

From the below list of departures he only really moved on Hippolyte and Stewart who were bit part at best and not really very good anyway.

Stelios – Ross never renewed his contract

Irvine – Ross released if I’m not mistaken

Davis – Wanted back down south

Smith – Returned to Hearts

Donati – Retired

Morgan – Went to Celtic

Todd – Released by Ross I’m sure

Hill – Returned to Celtic

Duffy – Punted to Airdrie

Sutton – Retired

Reilly – Arsed about with his contract and we revoked it

Hippolyte – Sold to Dunfermline

R.Stewart - Sold to County

Far too much realism in your post Spam.

Of course the manager (any manager) should also allow players to choose the games they play in (Boyata/Rodgers) and the position (Suggested Smith/Stubbs)