Stubbs can go now

2 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I say it again we need to sign experienced guys right now who know what it is like to play in our top league and those guys are available NOW.Starting with Darren O’Dea aged 31 solid Centre Back with over 250 games.Dom Thomas good winger with over 70 games for Well and Killie still only 22 and Scot Under 21 player.Also Ryan Dow former Utd now County yet young and experienced go get them Stubbsy.

Are these guys out of contract or free to leave their club's ? 

Guest TPAFKATS
Yeah he left Eckersley And McKenzie who both need re-building.
He obviously thought they could do a job as part of the squad this season.
I have no issue if Stubbs thinks they can't. I do have issues with him publicly telling them they aren't in his plans, not signing replacements who are better and then using their injuries as an excuse for how poor the defence is.

25 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'm not the club accountant but i'm using common sense to add up the figures that we know about and that amounts to far more than last year.

Without full knowledge I’d guess that the guys that are still under contract will have had some sort of “uplift” clause should we have got promoted in the same way wages go down when relegated ....... that would account for some of the increased budget. 

The big alarm for me is spending £75,000 on one player and then running out of money, if that’s true, while still needing players!!

18 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

Especially when that £75,000 player is not considered good enough by the manager to get in the first team.

I know cash is tight with a lot of Scottish clubs but in modern day football £75k is nothing in the transfer market when multi millions is the basic transfer fee in both the EPL and English Championship. Did we really expect a top class or ready footballer for such a small fee (again, in the current transfer market).  The fact we paid a fee for a player has fans expecting someone to immediately be ready for top flight football in our league. Clubs are paying far more for players with potential that either warm the bench or are immediately loaned out. Tbh, if the boy was the finished article or a top players he wouldn't be anywhere near our club and cost a lot more than alleged £75k.

5 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

I know cash is tight with a lot of Scottish clubs but in modern day football £75k is nothing in the transfer market when multi millions is the basic transfer fee in both the EPL and English Championship. Did we really expect a top class or ready footballer for such a small fee (again, in the current transfer market).  The fact we paid a fee for a player has fans expecting someone to immediately be ready for top flight football in our league. Clubs are paying far more for players with potential that either warm the bench or are immediately loaned out. Tbh, if the boy was the finished article or a top players he wouldn't be anywhere near our club and cost a lot more than alleged £75k.

Despite appearances,  I am not an appologist for Allan Stubs. But,  come on guys be reasonable. Give the guy a break.  There is enough pressure on him to build a decent squad and build the team spirit and get players to have confidence in him.  All in the long shadow of Sir Jack of Ross.  He apparently could do no wrong.  It can't happen but it would be interesting to think what míght things be liked if he stayed?  Would we have beaten Dundee.  Would we have beaten Rangers?  Would we have beaten Libby (we didn't in the last two games against them in the Championship)?  Would we have lost as heavily to Aberdeen?  The answer to the last one is possibly not since  we didn't reach that stage in the competition last  year.  When we did play them I seem to recall that they scored 4 against us.  

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

As things stand I'm concerned about not just the players we've signed more the lack of formation which can make average players into t a decent team unit.

I actually agree with Faraway on something. This is the most worrying thing for me too. Those of us who have been to matches have seen big tall players running around unable to head a ball on target,  players passing balls into areas where there are no Saints players ever going to reach them, players picking up balls and looking unsure as to where they should go or what they should do. Players don't look fit or comfortable in their positions and 50/50 tackles are non existent. 

I dubbed Danny Mullen, "Danny Dae something" last season but this season I have to admit he's been our best player. He certainly has put in some effort this season. I'm not sure if that's a credit to him or maybe I should just dub the rest of the team  "FFS gonna dae Something" 

Guys show us some spirit and give us a clue you know what you're doing.

Alan Stubbs - see above

Edited by East Lothian Saint

39 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I actually agree with Faraway on something. This is the most worrying thing for me too. Those of us who have been to matches have seen big tall players running around unable to head a ball on target,  players passing balls into areas where there are no Saints players ever going to reach them, players picking up balls and looking unsure as to where they should go or what they should do. Players don't look fit or comfortable in their positions and 50/50 tackles are non existent. 

I dubbed Danny Mullen, "Danny Dae something" last season but this season I have to admit he's been our best player. He certainly has put in some effort this season. I'm not sure if that's a credit to him or maybe I should just dub the rest of the team  "FFS gonna dae Something" 

Guys show us some spirit and give us a clue you know what you're doing.

Alan Stubbs - see above

You would write a good book my man the knack to be serious with humour is a writer's talent. I will get you thinking. Following A Provincal Club Home And Away. 

You think Stubbs signed a 3 year contract on the premise that his Premiership budget was lower that our Championship budget ? :wacko:

Billy you don’t know that! That is surmising!
It was reported that Ross had one of the biggest budgets in the Championship. Who knows if it’s the same this season, more or less. You don’t know!

Don't you know that when you make a post on here that you suddenly inherit expert knowledge of every financial aspect concerning the club?
You should pop over to the thread concerning the bigot brothers getting an extra stand. You'll witness some people making a complete arse of themselves, by claiming to know how much policing/stewarding etc. costs, whilst simultaneously dazzling us all with their calculations regarding the money that will be made from the extra bigot fans. happy0194.gif&key=fb0a3f9fde60b16a50ccbfe5b2e3c494a2da123b0c7860e94d6fb1e0d1a5ce76
P.S. Common sense would dictate that it's very likely that Stubbs has a bigger budget than Ross.

Don’t make me laugh! Common sense? On here?

Billy you don’t know that! That is surmising!
It was reported that Ross had one of the biggest budgets in the Championship. Who knows if it’s the same this season, more or less. You don’t know!

The point about budget is irrelevant really. Whatever your budget, if you don’t spend it wisely (I’m trying to be as kind as possible here) then you won’t be successful.

IMO Stubbs has wasted budget on some footballers who simply aren’t up to this standard based on what they’ve shown thus far. FFS, he won’t even play three of the ones he’s brought in on decent contracts.

13 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hmm does he have a bigger budget?

we got £500k for winning the league

£300k for Morgan

£40k for Stewart

£1m from McGinn sell on

we spent £75k on Heaton

and we are relying on half a dozen loanees, and a handful of free agents.

so where has the best part of £2million gone..? Thats the question that needs answered!

Edit: forgot to add the compo received for Ross which is allegedly somewhere between £100-150k...

so that means out of £2million coming in, we've spent £75k, plus we have a number of loanees that we will likely not be paying all of each players wages, and the squad is smaller than last season at the moment.

But the board insist the manager has to sell before he can buy..!

simple question... where's the £2million gone..?

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Edit: forgot to add the compo received for Ross which is allegedly somewhere between £100-150k...

so that means out of £2million coming in, we've spent £75k, plus we have a number of loanees that we will likely not be paying all of each players wages, and the squad is smaller than last season at the moment.

Also budgeting  in TV money and Increased home crowds this season. Does that take it to near ,or over 3m ?

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

100k to 150k for Ross. :lol: