Stubbs can go now

6 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:
12 minutes ago, Drew said:
I vividly recall Ian Murray crossing the Dumbarton pitch to a cacophony of abuse. It was very unpleasant, and I don't want to witness anything like that again.
Alan Stubbs should be relieved of his duties before it gets to that stage. In his own interests as much as anything else.

He should maybe resign and keep some dignity. If he is seen as shite and willing to be a wage thief naebdy will touch him again.

This is Alan Stubbs last job in football management. Same as it was TC and AR. He won’t resign, he’ll take every penny he possibly can. 

IMO need to put him on garden leave and forget about that wage or pay him off. 

Edited by bazil85

He’ll strive on, he might land a result soon who knows, football is crazy on occasions and everyone holds on to that, fans, players, managers. Who knows.

FWIW I reckon he’ll be given three more attempts by GS to dig something out, otherwise it’s gtf. Certainly they have to talk in these terms if they haven’t already

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

I can get that, games are over by half time, difficult to get anything positive  from the players and support.

Not great, the witch hunt is gaining momentum. 

No witch hunt from me i just don't see the point in dragging it out, we did that with Craig and that worked out well.

1 hour ago, Big Yards said:

Surely the realisation that the next game is against Celtic and another likely hammering Stubbs will realise he has nowhere to turn

That very fact might stave off the inevitable as the board may think it better to have him in charge for that particular embarrassment.

It's not that we've lost today. That was probably expected. It's been the manner of the defeats, the recruitment, his interaction with the fans and, it seems, the players. He's been out of the game too long. I'm still in a state of shock from the sunderland game. Not so much the score, but the trialists who warmed up in front of us. The number 22 was running around without a clue in the warm up, misplacing passes, not able to STOP let alone control the ball. He then took that onto the pitch and survived till half time..i just thought, stubbs hasn't done his homework and so it continues..its just not there. We hadn't much better team in the championship than we have in the SPL and most of us knew it wasn't good enough to compete in the SPL..

This is Alan Stubbs last job in football management. Same as it was TC and AR. He won’t resign, he’ll take every penny he possibly can. 

IMO need to put him on garden leave and forget about that wage or pay him off. 

Serious question. What if he won’t compromise and we need to fire him and pay his contract (and those of Rice and Jackson) up in full?

Any idea how much that will cost? Where will the money come from?

It’s easy for a supporter to make a “decision” on what needs to be done as they have no skin in the game but GLS and Tony have a decision to make and whatever they decide will have ramifications for a lot longer than we will be discussing Alan Stubbs.

I’m not saying he shouldn’t go, by the way. I’d just rather we didn’t have to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Easy for you to say.............
lost 3 league games, 2 of which were away from home to Rangers & Hearts.
1 bad loss at home to Livvie, not sure he'll be willing to resign.

We all know the stats FS . Bad as they are , they are nowhere near as bad as the spirit and performances . There is a general malaise around the place at the moment . I hope we pull out of this but it’s hard to see how

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

We all know the stats FS . Bad as they are , they are nowhere near as bad as the spirit and performances . There is a general malaise around the place at the moment . I hope we pull out of this but it’s hard to see how

Yep.

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The speed at which many have decided that the manger is to go is startling, which confrms my belief he was a dead man walking.

It's unlikely anyone could have had a decent season with us, IMO, especially after the success of the last 18 months.

Part of this malaise is down to the lack of support, you know as well as I do this is a common trait. 

We've been well beaten by Rangers, Aberdeen and Heats..................nothing surprising there, losing, in the manner we did, to Livingston, was very disappointing. 

We beat Dundee, but we were lucky.

In all the bad defeats we've steadied the ship in the 2nd half, but only because, and this is fact according to some, the other team have eased up.

You get my drift.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The speed at which many have decided that the manger is to go is startling, which confrms my belief he was a dead man walking.

It's unlikely anyone could have had a decent season with us, IMO, especially after the success of the last 18 months.

Part of this malaise is down to the lack of support, you know as well as I do this is a common trait. 

We've been well beaten by Rangers, Aberdeen and Heats..................nothing surprising there, losing, in the manner we did, to Livingston, was very disappointing. 

We beat Dundee, but we were lucky.

In all the bad defeats we've steadied the ship in the 2nd half, but only because, and this is fact according to some, the other team have eased up.

You get my drift.

I think you're generalising too much about those who want him gone. Most sane st Mirren fans expected a hard season where we'd be near the bottom of the table but at least competing. We could be too far adrift by Christmas if we keep Stubbs IMO. I don't believe in prolonging the agony and allowing more damage.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's unlikely anyone could have had a decent season with us, IMO, especially after the success of the last 18 

Ok.... so about Livi....  they were 3rd tier now third. Whats their secret. Simple..... keep it tight... Hearts had 30 shots today.... livi had 13 against us. We have managed 3 on target in 180 mins. Yes FS you called it right.... dead man walking... but it appears a clueless dead man