Club statement please on police activity in W7

I was disappointed to read about police visiting the homes of several of the young people who sit in W7. This is a group that have done much to bring a bit of atmosphere to a stadium largely bereft of it. As far as I am aware there has been no trouble whatsoever from this group of fans yet it appears the Club has been asked to provide the identity and home addresses of the season ticket holders in W7 and unannounced  police visits have resulted.

What is going on? 

I feel the Club should offer some form of clarification. If singing and banging a drum is going to get these kids into trouble they should know about it.

5 minutes ago, magnus said:

I was disappointed to read about police visiting the homes of several of the young people who sit in W7. This is a group that have done much to bring a bit of atmosphere to a stadium largely bereft of it. As far as I am aware there has been no trouble whatsoever from this group of fans yet it appears the Club has been asked to provide the identity and home addresses of the season ticket holders in W7 and unannounced  police visits have resulted.

What is going on? 

I feel the Club should offer some form of clarification. If singing and banging a drum is going to get these kids into trouble they should know about it.

Where did you read this Bud?

If this is true it's utterly ridiculous.

Said it before but there seems to be someone, somewhere - be it the club, stewards, police or whoever - who seems to want this group disbanded. They haven't caused any trouble that would merit this sort of attention so why on earth are the police taking these steps?

This is terrible to see. These guys need to take legal action against both the police and the club. Ill get in touch to pass on thr correct contact.

Another sign that Gordon Scott has no idea how to run a football club. Utterly clueless!

I would be surprised if there has ever been a complaint made to the police about the group of supporters in W7 , a group that is making an effort to put a bit of fun into football , but an easy target for the police .

I suspect there have been several complaints regarding the Sevco Fans sitting in the area around the away fans , I wonder if the police have an eye on that group . Probably not .

Years of experience have told me that the Police dont typically turn up early morning at the doors of people for absolutely no reason. Someone somewhere is giving them cause for concern.

Whoever it is, f**king stop it and also stop bullshitting about how innocent you are.

The Police have the power to get personal information from the Club for the prevention and detection of crime, I’m assuming that this legal gateway they will have used to get the info, having said that if it was just a general chat then it would, in my opinion, been more appropriate for the club to arrange a meeting with the W7 group, the police and the SLO.

That way the conversation could have taken place, been properly minuted and actions agreed between the parties with the minimum of personal information been given to the Police. 

My son has a ticket for W7 and when we got promoted I warned him that the methods of Policing would be radically different this year and things that they were able to do last season would be looked at differently this season. 

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Years of experience have told me that the Police dont typically turn up early morning at the doors of people for absolutely no reason. Someone somewhere is giving them cause for concern.

Whoever it is, f**king stop it and also stop bullshitting about how innocent you are.

If I ever get charged with anything I wouldn't want you to be on the jury.

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

If I ever get charged with anything I wouldn't want you to be on the jury.

Quite right. I am forgetting the working class code. The police are always scum and the people they target are saltoftheearth types who are just minding their own business. Always back your own type and never grass to the police.

This attitude brings back so many memories of living on a council estate. Shut my eyes and its just like being back there.

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

"Years of experience"........ experience in whit?

I will leave that as an exercise for the reader. :lol:

In the meantime just you go on believing that everyone in W7 is whiter than the driven snow. How you can be that naive is anyone's guess though.

18 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

The Police have the power to get personal information from the Club for the prevention and detection of crime, I’m assuming that this legal gateway they will have used to get the info, having said that if it was just a general chat then it would, in my opinion, been more appropriate for the club to arrange a meeting with the W7 group, the police and the SLO.

That way the conversation could have taken place, been properly minuted and actions agreed between the parties with the minimum of personal information been given to the Police. 

My son has a ticket for W7 and when we got promoted I warned him that the methods of Policing would be radically different this year and things that they were able to do last season would be looked at differently this season. 

I'm afraid that comes with the territory when you're rubbing shoulders with fans from the likes of the bigot brothers ,Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen.

29 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Did you live on a council estate Oaky? Which wan? Maybe wi were neighbours.......

Yes but I think most of us did when we were younger.

We didnt live on the same one. I would have remembered a guy with blonde spiky hair sitting on a bucket on the green.

21 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

How cun yi bi so naive tae think the polis ur aw guid guys. Hello hello hello, whit we got ere then, nasty W7 weans if ma eyes don't deceive me. Right you lot, early morning door knocking fur the lot o yi. You, wi that shite roadkill shirt, up against the wa'. "Whit's the charge officer?"......"animal abuse ya wee shit. Ma dug's just passed oot eating that stuff he fun whilelicking, err inspecting, yer arse." 

I didnt say the police were all good guys. At no point did I say that.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Big brother is watching you. 

Well he is not watching me and he never felt the need to knock on my door about my kids. I dont know anyone who had to go through that but then I no longer live amongst the type of person who does need to be checked up on like that. You are calling this wrong IOBS

Could it be the club is looking for any excuse to piss off the young fans so they can give that bit of the ground back to the bigots. Wouldn't surprise me if the club would rather put them into the family stand than leave them where there are. Assuming the police are also getting the names and address of away fans for them to visit in the morning off our club and if not, why not ? 

2 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Could it be the club is looking for any excuse to piss off the young fans so they can give that bit of the ground back to the bigots. Wouldn't surprise me if the club would rather put them into the family stand than leave them where there are. Assuming the police are also getting the names and address of away fans for them to visit in the morning off our club and if not, why not ? 

You reckon this is more likely than a few youngsters in W7 overstepping the mark with the police?

Seriously? :lol:

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Well he is not watching me and he never felt the need to knock on my door about my kids. I dont know anyone who had to go through that but then I no longer live amongst the type of person who does need to be checked up on like that. You are calling this wrong IOBS

You are watched everyone is whether that be CCTV , email , social media what is surprising is you don't know that. Your phone is tapped also it can be listened to whenever the authorities want to. Jeez you must live in a wee bubble. 

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

You reckon this is more likely than a few youngsters in W7 overstepping the mark with the police?

Seriously? :lol:

Why should you care what I reckon and seriously what makes you an expert on the behaviour of the young guys in W7 ?  

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I don't often agree with oaksoft but I think he's right here. I honestly can't see the police turning up at your door because you sit in W7 enjoying a singalong. I think there's something deeper in this.

This could literally be 3 people's houses being checked and it's being made out to be the masses. I would/will be appalled if this is for no reason at all, but I reckon there is a proper reason behind this, quite possibly with bugger all to do with football unless they've been found to be acting violent towards opposition fans or something along those lines.