Club statement please on police activity in W7

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Let's make sure we don't respond in kind should either half involve themselves in sectarian singing. 

We won't. 

But if anybody does, hopefully they will be banned for life from St Mirren Park. 

Celtic and Sevco fans should be banned from from all the other 40 Stadiums in Scotland. 

11 minutes ago, shull said:

We won't. 

But if anybody does, hopefully they will be banned for life from St Mirren Park. 

Celtic and Sevco fans should be banned from from all the other 40 Stadiums in Scotland

Love them or hate them. It seems that even Shull needs them. Why just Scotland. Is that so you have an excuse to support one of them should they go to England. 

Would Sevco be you're "English" team.

Just wondering

14 hours ago, shull said:

We won't. 

Celtic and Sevco fans should be banned from from all the other 40 Stadiums in Scotland. 

I am all for rivalry however asking their as you called them 'Disgusting' fans to be banned from every stadium reeks of hatred and makes you as bad as them.   

1 hour ago, Itsybitsy said:

I am all for rivalry however asking their as you called them 'Disgusting' fans to be banned from every stadium reeks of hatred and makes you as bad as them.   

I actually never called the fans disgusting, if you care to check back. 

And I don't hate anyone. 

Sevco and Celtic fans bring shame to Scotland and Scottish Football. 

And I am the baddest for wanting to remove the two Clubs and having the Beautiful Game flourish among the remaining 40 Clubs. 

Btw, if I hated Hitler, would that make me as bad as him ? 

1 hour ago, Itsybitsy said:

Also, if you think I reek of hatred, does that make you just as bad as moi ? 

I would like to go back on topic and make the thread more about facts and less about conspiracy theories and personalities

• I see people have been visited at home, rather than homes visited and searched.  If anyone has had their home searched then I apologise to them for getting it wrong as this woud be a heavy handed and unneccessary approach 
  • There is no evidence that the club did anything more than answer a police request.  The club has to build and maintain a relationship with the police and when asked would have to balance the response against the potential consequences.  The police can make life very difficult for a football club, or anyone else and I have first-hand experience through work of how they have toughened up their tactics  since the newly instated chief constable took over as interim CC.  I can't blame them for co-operating and would probably have done the same.
  • someone suggested a three party meeting, this wouldn't happen in any other police investigation (cause that's what this is) so why would the club take on the burden of doing this and why would the police discuss potential criminal behaviour in public and prejudice any future case?
  • My suspicion is that the cops were simply marking a few cards to keep things quiet and to demonstrate to superiors that they were on the front foot before a series of potentially difficult match days
  • only an opinion, but this probably happens to several groups of fans across the country-the game has indicated it wants to go in a family friendly direction, the cops have reacted and this is a consequence of that approach.
  • If they came to my house at 9am then they would be more than 3 hours too late as i'd already be off to work-so please don't represent that as early morning.  For workers as well as cops, it's usually the middle of the working day

In short-f*ck all to get excited about

Edited by beyond our ken

22 hours ago, shull said:

I never said you did. Sevco fans think we made it up. 

The vast majority of Sevco fans condone sectarianism, bigotry and hatred which pollutes Scottish Football. 

They are a disgusting Club with horrible fans. 

I think you will find this is what you said.

People should be able to support their team without being regarded to like you have done due the behavior of a minority.  Your attitude is honking.

2 hours ago, Itsybitsy said:

I think you will find this is what you said.

People should be able to support their team without being regarded to like you have done due the behavior of a minority.  Your attitude is honking.

I told you I never said their horrible fans were disgusting..

Why don't the majority silence the minority.

We would do it at St Mirren Park.

Any racist or sectarian nonsense by our our fans would be dealt with very quickly.

Lets see if decent Celtic fans drown out the minority naughty Celtic fans, in a few weeks at St Mirren Park, when they start singing the praises of the child murdering IRA.

2 minutes ago, Itsybitsy said:

This is exactly my point - it is the minority however you are having them all guilty and that is unfair.

You have totally missed my point.

If it was a real minority then the majority would shut them up, like we would do with ours at Greenhill Road.

Here's a scenario for you.....

Celtic & Sevco Cup Final at Hampden.

25000 fans each.

Sectarian, bigoted and hateful singing from both ends.

Give me your percentage estimate of how many of the 50000 are indulging in the shite.

I would guess at least 80% belting out the silly songs with the other 20% tapping their feet.

What is your guess, dude ?

Just now, shull said:

You have totally missed my point.

If it was a real minority then the majority would shut them up, like we would do with ours at Greenhill Road.

Here's a scenario for you.....

Celtic & Sevco Cup Final at Hampden.

25000 fans each.

Sectarian, bigoted and hateful singing from both ends.

Give me your percentage estimate of how many of the 50000 are indulging in the shite.

I would guess at least 80% belting out the silly songs with the other 20% tapping their feet.

What is your guess, dude ?

Why were you tapping your feet? :whistle

5 minutes ago, shull said:

So you admit that even our club isn't perfect?

It is the job of the club and the authorities to work together to eradicate them - not the job of the normal supporter who just wants to go along and support their team with no drama

And it is defiantly the minority - I didn't see 50,00 Rangers fans throwing plastic bottles - unless you are seeing things everyone missed? And I repeat I do not condone any fan that acts inappropriately.

8 minutes ago, Itsybitsy said:

So you admit that even our club isn't perfect?

It is the job of the club and the authorities to work together to eradicate them - not the job of the normal supporter who just wants to go along and support their team with no drama

And it is defiantly the minority - I didn't see 50,00 Rangers fans throwing plastic bottles - unless you are seeing things everyone missed? And I repeat I do not condone any fan that acts inappropriately.

Christ, you're hard work.

Missing every point given.

Just give me your Cup Final percentage estimate. :lol:

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Christ, you're hard work.

Missing every point given.

Just give me your Cup Final percentage estimate. :lol:

I think you will find it is you that is missing the point mate.  My point was that decent supporters are being tarred by the actions of a few which is unfair.

You have admitted that every club including ours is not perfect.

I have friends / family members who support either side of the old firm and do not deserve to be called either disgusting or horrible for doing the same as we do - supporting out team. Deary me. It's really not difficult.

16 minutes ago, Itsybitsy said:

I think you will find it is you that is missing the point mate.  My point was that decent supporters are being tarred by the actions of a few which is unfair.

I have friends / family members who support either side of the old firm and do not deserve to be called either disgusting or horrible for doing the same as we do - supporting out team. Deary me. It's really not difficult.

So, you ain't going to have a guess ? 

I too have family,very close family,who support the ugly sisters.I can manage a chat round the dinner table with them but I'd hate to stand next to them watching their teams.

There is something that turns even decent people into 90 minute bigots.

This is hard work ffs

I think I have made my point clear.  If you dont get it you never will.

I get it okay. 

Over one hundred years of sectarian hatred has seen these two Clubs thrive to the detriment of the rest. 

Still going on today with the new Club Sevco taking over the deceased Club's baton. 

Supporters of both won't change. 

Ok I’ll bite. 
So what you’re insinuating is that people in W7 are part of some well hidden illegal activities and deserve to be disturbed at 9am? 
No one is bullshitting about how innocent they are, no one has done anything wrong.  
If we’d been involved in any issues previously I could maybe accept your dig - but please enlighten me, what exactly is the crime?
For clarity, a member of the groups house was visited , the police warned about “organised violence”, when was the last time our fans have got involved in anything like that? Certainly not in recent memory and anyone that’s stood with us at games would know that the group is nothing like that.
W7 is family friendly, lots of young fans waving flags, singing etc. Some of the banners might be on the edge of what’s acceptable, but that’s what makes it fun. Take fun away and you’ve officially ruined Scottish football. 
Stop making out that there’s some deep rooted issue within our support. We have one of the most vocal supports in Scotland, but also one of the best behaved. It’s comments like yours that damage the clubs reputation when the media go seeking a story that isn’t actually there. 

& some idiotic youngsters who probably step over the mark & don’t realise they are doing it. If there were police visits it was for a reason.