Club statement please on police activity in W7

3 hours ago, Suggestion said:

Why does everyone keep thinking the police visit was because of a banner at Ibrox?? 

It wasn’t illegal

the police visit was about organised violence

That's Fecking terrible; in my day it was the Polis's job to stop violence NOT show people the best way to commit it :P

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

I am beginning to wonder if you might be right here, although I sincerely hope not.  Having someone on the board sabotaging a fans initiative would be dreadful :unsure:

Jaybee.  I don't buy this.  I have said often on here that I love what the guys are doing and that they get things right 99 per cent of the time.  Having said that I don't think the banner at Ibrox was sensible.  Nor do I think the banner on Saturday was sensible.  Keep to banners supporting the club,  manager and team and things will be fine.  Having said that, if I was on the board I might be obliged through a duty of care to adopt a slightly stronger attitude.  Perhaps thinking also of how these might be interpreted by outside bodies and groups.  Keep up the dialogue with the club and keep that enthusiasm going.  It's catching. 

St Ricky the stewards took a banner off the guy's last season which wasn't offensive or political but of Jack Ross now tell me is that ok or are they having to jump threw hoops with this club. I will also ask you this, do you think the club give a f**k about the fans care about the fans?.

5 minutes ago, jkd said:

St Ricky the stewards took a banner off the guy's last season which wasn't offensive or political but of Jack Ross now tell me is that ok or are they having to jump threw hoops with this club. I will also ask you this, do you think the club give a f**k about the fans care about the fans?.

JKD.  Read my words please.  I love what the guys in W7 are doing and keep saying it.  Doesn't mean they are right 100 per cent of the time.  Neither is the board.  That's life. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Probably two pairs,  darned when needed and one work suit. 

Darned now that's probably a lost art. Having to wear darned troosers could cause emotional trauma growing up in Paisley.  Does anyone remember really cheap jeans called Naytex that looked like Wranglers but if you were outed wearing them you could forget ever having any credibility again? #yesstillscarred

7 minutes ago, guinness said:

You should turn up be quiet and clap the team off whatever the score. That will keep club happy.

Turning up would be good.  If all the 8000 plus Forum Members ( Alias)  apart turned up then the ground would be full.  The W7 guys are helping to create a great atmosphere. Both stands were rocking on Friday night as the lost art of singing was once again found.  

11 minutes ago, magnus said:

Darned now that's probably a lost art. Having to wear darned troosers could cause emotional trauma growing up in Paisley.  Does anyone remember really cheap jeans called Naytex that looked like Wranglers but if you were outed wearing them you could forget ever having any credibility again? #yesstillscarred

If Woolworth sold them...possibly.  Patched elbows in Jackets became quite the thing though. 

On 9/16/2018 at 7:57 AM, zurich_allan said:

Here's the thing. I get the club wanting to check a banner to make sure it isn't something that could be regarded as offensive or criminal in nature, but beyond that it is none of their damn business what message the fans want to project, they have absolutely NO business taking any action or confiscating a banner like this. None.

You talk like someone who has never been a director of a company with a swathe of legal responsibilities which none of those in W7 have to worry their sweet little heads about.

There is no respect for those running our club in all of this.

Not a single poster on here has expressed any interest in what effect this sort of thing does to the directors.

The W7 boys want what the W7 boys want and apparently anyone else can go f**k themselves. It's truly incredible that they then cannot understand that some in the club are very wary of what they are doing.

43 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Turning up would be good.  If all the 8000 plus Forum Members ( Alias)  apart turned up then the ground would be full.  The W7 guys are helping to create a great atmosphere. Both stands were rocking on Friday night as the lost art of singing was once again found.  

We don't have 8000 members. Many of them will be spam or duplicate aliases.

We probably only have about 30-50 regular posters. and most of them are abusive or have others on ignore.

It's no wonder that Div is talking about shutting the forum down at the end of this season.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We don't have 8000 members. Many of them will be spam or duplicate aliases.

We probably only have about 30-50 regular posters. and most of them are abusive or have others on ignore.

It's no wonder that Div is talking about shutting the forum down at the end of this season.

I think you make my point for me.  

What I don't know is whether or not Div (and it's his right to Decide) is doing anything to promote the Forum Oaksoft. 

I can't recall receiving any e mails for example. Might well have had its day if there aren't more contributors. 

One improvement (arguably) recently has been an increase in the number and range of threads started. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, St.Ricky said:

I think you make my point for me.  

What I don't know is whether or not Divorced (and it's his right to Decide) is doing anything to promote the Forum Oaksoft. 

I can't recall receiving any e mails for example. Might well have had its day if there aren't more contributors. 

One improvement (arguably) recently has been an increase in the number and range of threads started. 

Somebody better tell Mrs Div.....................................:lol: