Club statement please on police activity in W7

24 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You talk like someone who has never been a director of a company with a swathe of legal responsibilities which none of those in W7 have to worry their sweet little heads about.

There is no respect for those running our club in all of this.

Not a single poster on here has expressed any interest in what effect this sort of thing does to the directors.

The W7 boys want what the W7 boys want and apparently anyone else can go f**k themselves. It's truly incredible that they then cannot understand that some in the club are very wary of what they are doing.

Do the directors at all the other clubs in Scotland not have to obide by the same laws and regulations in Scotland? 

Oh they do, so why is it our group is treated so differently from every other supporter group in the country? 

Very wary of what we are doing... oh the bad criminal boys with the drum here’s another hoop to jump through since we don’t actually want you here. 

just a shame we’re not actually convicted criminals or we would get offered jobs at the club 

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh come on FFS. Freedom of speech? It's a f**king football match. :lol: Go and support the team. Use banners which support the tam. Leave the political shite outside the ground and grow the f**k up.

Firstly. Why would I support any tam? Really stupid idea that.

Secondly. It doesn't matter where it is. It is still curtailing people's right to express an opinion. It wasn't a football match they were protesting against. It was what they perceived to be persecution. It's not political. It's expressing a fact. It's in no way asking for any sort of improvement of status. In fact there was no question in there. Simply a statement.

I know.

We'll let you tell the rest when and where they can express their thoughts. That would suit you down to a tee prof.

I think you should be looking inward at who should be growing up. 

Guest TPAFKATS

The banner on Friday night was relatively small and pretty insignificant. It wouldn't have gotten much attention if the stewards (under instruction from whoever) hadn't made such a fuss of getting it removed.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

JKD.  Read my words please.  I love what the guys in W7 are doing and keep saying it.  Doesn't mean they are right 100 per cent of the time.  Neither is the board.  That's life. 

I have read what you are saying but these young guy's are being ousted by some in the club that don't want them there they have had a few bad banners I admit like my favourite one greenock scum which rightly so was taken from them then there's the one with a brilliant sketch of Jack Ross that was took off a them what was wrong with that, it seems that it's only the player's that want these guy's there and whoever is making it hard for them wants shot off them. 

25 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

Do the directors at all the other clubs in Scotland not have to obide by the same laws and regulations in Scotland? 

Oh they do, so why is it our group is treated so differently from every other supporter group in the country? 

Very wary of what we are doing... oh the bad criminal boys with the drum here’s another hoop to jump through since we don’t actually want you here. 

just a shame we’re not actually convicted criminals or we would get offered jobs at the club 

Oaksoft said it bluntly whilst others,  including myself have been saying it softly.  Directors have responsibilities under law which they are obliged to follow.   Each board might/ will interpret these differently and perhaps sensibly so as circumstances differ.  Personally,  I think they both love what the guys in W7 are doing but are also wary.  Celtic are one club that has worked with their fans groups The Green Brigade and had their fingers burned.  I can see nothing wrong with W7 working closely with the club whilst recognizing the right of the board to make decisions. Your final sentence would have been better left out.  It reduces the force of your argument and makes you look bitter.  Come on guys.. Do what you are good at during games. We love that. 

6 minutes ago, jkd said:

I have read what you are saying but these young guy's are being ousted by some in the club that don't want them there they have had a few bad banners I admit like my favourite one greenock scum which rightly so was taken from them then there's the one with a brilliant sketch of Jack Ross that was took off a them what was wrong with that, it seems that it's only the player's that want these guy's there and whoever is making it hard for them wants shot off them. 

Mibbas someone wants to give that section to the old firm too?

58 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You talk like someone who has never been a director of a company with a swathe of legal responsibilities which none of those in W7 have to worry their sweet little heads about.

And you talk like someone who has? :ph34r:

And stop talking down to people. Doesn’t make you sound intelligent, just makes you sound like a bellend. 

58 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The W7 boys want what the W7 boys want and apparently anyone else can go f**k themselves. It's truly incredible that they then cannot understand that some in the club are very wary of what they are doing.

What conspiracy theory is this meant to be? :lol: 

What is it you think the boys in W7 are plotting? Can’t wait to hear this. 

This forum displays the feelings and concerns that many fans have.  The club promotes a community interaction - we are as one(?) so I believe that since the club are aware of this topic they really should issue a statement/explanation on the events of Friday night.

Shouldn't our 'fan's' director on the board be advocating this and help promote the communication?

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I kinda’ miss the days when a ‘singing section’ at the fitba’ was just an area of the ground where those who wanted to sing their songs congregated. Could be our North Bank, Celtic’s Jungle, no matter. How did the punters in their Jungle survive all those years without Palestinian flags, or how did me and my ilk manage our youthful enthusiasm without the need for banners, approved or not, tifo displays, drums, card displays, or Plod hammering our doors in the morning without the decency to turn up with a sausage ‘n egg McMuffin meal to sweeten the ‘be an informant’ deal?

Seriously, it was far simpler when Hibs nutters just turned up to throw rocks. You knew where you stood in the old days.

Aye, today’s tifo and banners was oor bog roll and ripped up newspaper (for a short while post Argentina 78).

Simpler times Poz, simpler times.

Any chance of asking the club about their opinions of what goes on in W7? Isn't there some supporters liaison thing these days? Hopefully they can be made aware of a suspicion that someone at the club maybe wants them dispersed. A rightly suspicious feeling by the sound of it.  

Edit to say the post 2 above more or less said the same but did so as i must have been one finger typing. Old git that i am.

Edited by john scott

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I actually had a jacket like that one in the photo, except the tartan was red, black and white, rather than the yellow shown there. I matched it with the flared jeans and a black and white Smurrrn scarf with a ‘Scotland World Cup Argentina 78’ patch sewn onto it.

WTF was going on in the 70s? :lol:

20B39C0A-D336-42E3-9F84-3E6BD6E82A43.jpeg

I had the ultimate Murn bit of gear. 

A “Hutch jacket”. That’s what I called it anyway. Mind the jacket Hutch wore in Starsky & Hutch? Black bomber jacket with white sleeves. Scarf round each wrist. Scarf round neck. Birmingham bags (with multiple zips).

COOL...........AS..............F*CK! 

59 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

Stop obsessing over what other clubs may or may not do. It's irrelevant.

The club effectively belongs to the majority shareholder. You are going into his house. Ask permission and respect his decision. Either way, stop dragging other fans into your childish pish.

15 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I had the ultimate Murn bit of gear. 

A “Hutch jacket”. That’s what I called it anyway. Mind the jacket Hutch wore in Starsky & Hutch? Black bomber jacket with white sleeves. Scarf round each wrist. Scarf round neck. Birmingham bags (with multiple zips).

COOL...........AS..............F*CK! 

Cool and the 70s simply doesn’t equate. :lol:

Sometimes Mrs Poz and I comment on this. If you look at some of the sharp suits and thin ties worn by the likes of Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin in the 1950s and 60s, and if you look at some of John Lennon’s gear in the early to mid 60s, would look sharp as fcuk even in 2018....imagine walking down the street in 2018 dressed like Noddy Holder or Dave Hill fae’ Slade though.... WT actual F.

...bizarre fashion quirks thread, get this shifted, get it sorted MacPherson... etc.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Stop obsessing over what other clubs may or may not do. It's irrelevant.

The club effectively belongs to the majority shareholder. You are going into his house. Ask permission and respect his decision. Either way, stop dragging other fans into your childish pish.

Wit :lol::lol:

You do have a history for ridiculous posts but oh my this may have topped the lot:huh:

24 minutes ago, Doakes said:

And you talk like someone who has? :ph34r:

And stop talking down to people. Doesn’t make you sound intelligent, just makes you sound like a bellend. 

What conspiracy theory is this meant to be? :lol: 

What is it you think the boys in W7 are plotting? Can’t wait to hear this. 

Like many on here, I have run my own businesses for as long as I can remember. Nice attempt to play the man rather than the ball though. :rolleyes:

Listen, you've been told by several posters how to avoid this problem. Take the advice or risk facing further action. It really couldn't be more simple.

3 minutes ago, john scott said:

Any chance of asking the club about their opinions of what goes on in W7? Isn't there some supporters liaison thing these days? Hopefully they can be made aware of a suspicion that someone at the club maybe wants them dispersed. A rightly suspicious feeling by the sound of it.  

The club want customers - people who will buy subscriptions to buddievision, members bars, SMISA etc. Which isn’t a bad thing. It’s a business at the end of the day and we all want the club to do well. Many of the group contribute financially to the club. 

What the group in W7 represents is the mentality that we are supporters, (we = everyone who wears the black and white) rather than just “customers”. It’s as much our club as it is theirs. 

We know that vocal support lifts the team, to underestimate that impact is daft, imo. 

Of course there’s got to be rules in place - guidelines - apart from the Morton display which was on the edge - we’ve never really crossed the line. 

The SLO does a decent job on social media and prior to the “fans not criminals” banner, confirmed that there shouldn’t be a problem with it. Someone at the club disagreed but they know as well as us that it did not break the rules of the club policy. It’s being difficult for the sake of being difficult. 

Our club model should be promoting supporters rather than customers, at every opportunity they want to show who’s in charge and remind us that we’re only customers. By saying no to banners, it’s meant to “keep us in check”. Hence the issue with the Jack Ross banner being taken off us last season. That attitude is what is ruining the relationship between W7 and the club. They’ll say no to something without even consulting the SLO, which is literally meant to be their job. 

Truth is that some people at the club love it, others would rather it was back to being an easily controllable morgue. 

My (biased) view is that an improving atmosphere is only good for the club - they can and do use our stuff to market the clubs brand. Some of the decisions they make to “control us” are bonkers.

1 minute ago, mattman said:

You do have a history for ridiculous posts but oh my this may have topped the lot:huh:

You reckon it's worse than provoking the stewards and then coming on here claiming victimisation?

Really? :lol:

We should set up a JustGiving page to raise money for food parcels for the oppressed W7 members. :lol:

Just now, oaksoft said:

You reckon it's worse than provoking the stewards and then coming on here claiming victimisation?

Really? :lol:

We should set up a JustGiving page to raise money for food parcels for the oppressed W7 members. :lol:

Who provoked stewards :blink:

Please stop, you are making a fool of yourself:lol:

But it’s ok for the police to provoke fans for supporting their club. The irony:hammer

6 minutes ago, Doakes said:

The club want customers - people who will buy subscriptions to buddievision, members bars, SMISA etc. Which isn’t a bad thing. It’s a business at the end of the day and we all want the club to do well. Many of the group contribute financially to the club. 

What the group in W7 represents is the mentality that we are supporters, (we = everyone who wears the black and white) rather than just “customers”. It’s as much our club as it is theirs. 

We know that vocal support lifts the team, to underestimate that impact is daft, imo. 

Of course there’s got to be rules in place - guidelines - apart from the Morton display which was on the edge - we’ve never really crossed the line. 

The SLO does a decent job on social media and prior to the “fans not criminals” banner, confirmed that there shouldn’t be a problem with it. Someone at the club disagreed but they know as well as us that it did not break the rules of the club policy. It’s being difficult for the sake of being difficult. 

Our club model should be promoting supporters rather than customers, at every opportunity they want to show who’s in charge and remind us that we’re only customers. By saying no to banners, it’s meant to “keep us in check”. Hence the issue with the Jack Ross banner being taken off us last season. That attitude is what is ruining the relationship between W7 and the club. They’ll say no to something without even consulting the SLO, which is literally meant to be their job. 

Truth is that some people at the club love it, others would rather it was back to being an easily controllable morgue. 

My (biased) view is that an improving atmosphere is only good for the club - they can and do use our stuff to market the clubs brand. Some of the decisions they make to “control us” are bonkers.

And that is the nub of it. You want to do whatever you want and it hurts your ego to have anyone question any of it.

You have made this about "control" rather than compromise.

This is all about young people having a problem with anyone in authority.

Like I said, it reminds me of school.

Edited by oaksoft

12 minutes ago, mattman said:

Yes, it is their house.

Tell you what, why don't you tootle off and get a copy of the deeds to the stadium.

Then come back and "school me" on company ownership and title deeds.

Off you go.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And that is the nub of it. You want to do whatever you want and it hurts your ego to have anyone question any of it.

You have made this about "control" rather than compromise.

This is all about young people having a problem with anyone in authority.

Like I said, it reminds me of school.

Didn’t you read anything I wrote? If a banner falls within club policies, there should be no reason to decline it. Instead these “decisions” to block us are made on a regular basis, even when we play by the rules.

Stop going on as if everyone in W7 is a child. :lol:The thing we have in common is a passion for getting behind our club. That mentality is exactly what our club needs.