Club statement please on police activity in W7

39 minutes ago, Doakes said:

The club want customers - people who will buy subscriptions to buddievision, members bars, SMISA etc. Which isn’t a bad thing. It’s a business at the end of the day and we all want the club to do well. Many of the group contribute financially to the club. 

What the group in W7 represents is the mentality that we are supporters, (we = everyone who wears the black and white) rather than just “customers”. It’s as much our club as it is theirs. 

We know that vocal support lifts the team, to underestimate that impact is daft, imo. 

Of course there’s got to be rules in place - guidelines - apart from the Morton display which was on the edge - we’ve never really crossed the line. 

The SLO does a decent job on social media and prior to the “fans not criminals” banner, confirmed that there shouldn’t be a problem with it. Someone at the club disagreed but they know as well as us that it did not break the rules of the club policy. It’s being difficult for the sake of being difficult. 

Our club model should be promoting supporters rather than customers, at every opportunity they want to show who’s in charge and remind us that we’re only customers. By saying no to banners, it’s meant to “keep us in check”. Hence the issue with the Jack Ross banner being taken off us last season. That attitude is what is ruining the relationship between W7 and the club. They’ll say no to something without even consulting the SLO, which is literally meant to be their job. 

Truth is that some people at the club love it, others would rather it was back to being an easily controllable morgue. 

My (biased) view is that an improving atmosphere is only good for the club - they can and do use our stuff to market the clubs brand. Some of the decisions they make to “control us” are bonkers.

I'm right behind what those in W7 bring to the atmosphere these days. It's been transformed greatly. Long may it continue. Providing you stay within boundaries i don't see why the club can see a negative in the support you provide. It would be a massive own goal for the club to spoil what you have there. The better atmosphere surely attracts more to the games.  I would just be interested to know the thoughts of those running the club on the current relationship you have with them.

10 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Hysterics? You love to paint a narrative don’t you? :wacko: 

The banner was literally “fans not criminals”. No one is in hysterics. The point was made in a non confrontational way in the form of a banner. The stewards then waded in as if someone had thrown shit on the park.  (literally running up the stairs to try to grab it off people) :lol:  

You need to stop posting nonsense

It did look like the stewards were trying to grab a gun off somebody and not a fairly harmless banner.

1 minute ago, john scott said:

I'm right behind what those in W7 bring to the atmosphere these days. It's been transformed greatly. Long may it continue. Providing you stay within boundaries i don't see why the club can see a negative in the support you provide. It would be a massive own goal for the club to spoil what you have there. The better atmosphere surely attracts more to the games.  I would just be interested to know the thoughts of those running the club on the current relationship you have with them.

Looking from the outside, therein lies the problem. The silence from the club is deafening. We might have a more balanced idea if the club were to explain the reasons for their actions. They have said how important the section has been in generating an atmosphere and even pulling us over the line last season. Why now resort to bully boy tactics, if indeed, they sanctioned the steward runaround on Friday?

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

The club want customers - people who will buy subscriptions to buddievision, members bars, SMISA etc. Which isn’t a bad thing. It’s a business at the end of the day and we all want the club to do well. Many of the group contribute financially to the club. 

What the group in W7 represents is the mentality that we are supporters, (we = everyone who wears the black and white) rather than just “customers”. It’s as much our club as it is theirs. 

We know that vocal support lifts the team, to underestimate that impact is daft, imo. 

Of course there’s got to be rules in place - guidelines - apart from the Morton display which was on the edge - we’ve never really crossed the line. 

The SLO does a decent job on social media and prior to the “fans not criminals” banner, confirmed that there shouldn’t be a problem with it. Someone at the club disagreed but they know as well as us that it did not break the rules of the club policy. It’s being difficult for the sake of being difficult. 

Our club model should be promoting supporters rather than customers, at every opportunity they want to show who’s in charge and remind us that we’re only customers. By saying no to banners, it’s meant to “keep us in check”. Hence the issue with the Jack Ross banner being taken off us last season. That attitude is what is ruining the relationship between W7 and the club. They’ll say no to something without even consulting the SLO, which is literally meant to be their job. 

Truth is that some people at the club love it, others would rather it was back to being an easily controllable morgue. 

My (biased) view is that an improving atmosphere is only good for the club - they can and do use our stuff to market the clubs brand. Some of the decisions they make to “control us” are bonkers.

My understanding is that a security officer is employed by us do you know if that is true or false ? 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Seems it's pretty obvious, one person went way over the top, posting stuff that was, well, ................................and the thread has been deleted.

Well done mod's. 

W7 dudes not concentrating on Football, just like Friday night.

7 minutes ago, shull said:

W7 dudes not concentrating on Football, just like Friday night.

A bit unfair as the majority, while I don't agree on everything that was posted, were trying to state their case.

One person, IMO, fcuked it up for them and certainly added fuel to the fire that there's an element that are aiming towards the board rather than supporting the team. 

Edited by faraway saint

Very strange which is only going to open a bigger can of worms. I don't sit in W7 bit I really feel for the guy's who had there door knocked by the Police. Then to have a banner removed ( fans not hooligans ) is concerning. Has Div been told by the club to remove the thread ?  It's not the way it should be done in the hope the subject will go away. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Very strange which is only going to open a bigger can of worms. I don't sit in W7 bit I really feel for the guy's who had there door knocked by the Police. Then to have a banner removed ( fans not hooligans ) is concerning. Has Div been told by the club to remove the thread ?  It's not the way it should be done in the hope the subject will go away. 

It, clearly, wasn't, IMO, the subject that was the reason the thread was deleted, it was, as I've already said, one individual who went way over the top.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It, clearly, wasn't, IMO, the subject that was the reason the thread was deleted, it was, as I've already said, one individual who went way over the top.

Hmmm does that justify trying to stop any debate on the issue though? The one thing you can be sure of is there wont be any club statement on this, unless its to state that the old bigots are getting W7 as well as the Family stand when they bring their vile sectarianism to town.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hmmm does that justify trying to stop any debate on the issue though?

The one thing you can be sure of is there wont be any club statement on this, unless its to state that the old bigots are getting W7 as well as the Family stand when they bring their vile sectarianism to town.

I agree, the posts should have been deleted, and, IMO, along with the persons account.

I'm not getting drawn into the 2nd part, an entirely different issue. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I agree, the posts should have been deleted, and, IMO, along with the persons account.

I'm not getting drawn into the 2nd part, an entirely different issue. 

Not sure I saw any OTT posts unless it was late last night. The club seem hell bent on destroying any meaningful attempts to encourage young people and families to games.

it appears that no one at the club has ever been young, or indeed wanted to take their kids to games! Young people do and say daft stuff, they are more energetic with it than oldies, they are more likely to stick together for a cause they believe in. But they will in most cases make the best judgement eventually, if..! They are listened to, involved and properly informed as equals.

trouble is this is St Mirren we are talking about, and as we know if you can't solve it by two in the afternoon, everything closes so they can all get home in time to see Bradley on The Chase.

I think most of us have looked in askance for years , going back to Love St days , at what OF fans get away with compared to how our own fans or the supporters of other provincial Clubs are treated and really l don't think there is much that can be done about that as neither stewards or police have the presence to deal with it. If  you simply point and say "Well they got away with it", you are being the victim.

As far as the recent W7 senario is concerned at the moment , there would seem to be a couple of Human Rights violations . Human Rights are something you are legally entitled too. .

I do think there needs to be dialogue with the individuals concerned and the Club about the matters that have been raised rather than discussed at great length on here as that isn't really benefitting any party at the moment .

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Not sure I saw any OTT posts unless it was late last night. The club seem hell bent on destroying any meaningful attempts to encourage young people and families to games.

it appears that no one at the club has ever been young, or indeed wanted to take their kids to games! Young people do and say daft stuff, they are more energetic with it than oldies, they are more likely to stick together for a cause they believe in. But they will in most cases make the best judgement eventually, if..! They are listened to, involved and properly informed as equals.

trouble is this is St Mirren we are talking about, and as we know if you can't solve it by two in the afternoon, everything closes so they can all get home in time to see Bradley on The Chase.

Some people see what they want to see, there were 2 posts that were way over the top. 

13 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

Two reasons the thread could of been deleted in my opinion. 

The club didn’t like the 15 pages of discussion of them. 

or 

The club didn’t like the 1 page discussing real criminals 

The way you're going on W7 will be deleted and that will be a shame. 

Their support for the Team is outstanding. 

Unfortunately, their Green Brigade like antics are boak inducing.

Phone the Club and talk over any differences. 

Just now, saintnextlifetime said:

I do think there needs to be dialogue with the individuals concerned and the Club about the matters that have been raised rather than discussed at great length on here as that isn't really benefitting any party at the moment .

Agreed, as I mentioned similar some time ago.

Most people agree this group have been a revelation, shame to see it crumble due to lack of willingness to discuss and solve any issues. 

I’d rather things just went as smoothly as possible.

All I seen where facts that where posted last night as well as a link to a herald news report to back these facts up. 

Seems more like people here are trying to cover something up than anything.

Wouldnt call it OTT anyway.

Anyway we move on...