Club statement please on police activity in W7

If folks want to display a message, all they have to do is have 16 T-shirts each one printed with a different letter from "notfanscriminals" and then 16 of them could wear the T-shirts.

Although it might take them the 90 minutes to get in the right order.

The added bonus being if the game is boring they can play Countdown.

Add an additional "n" and "y" and you could have hours of fun.

Countdown.thumb.jpg.279a88e4f09bc6eeef7aa05ae8d38c97.jpg   

9 minutes ago, div said:

Here's the chat from the clubs official facebook link to the latest statement;

stmirren-facebook.JPG

stmirren-facebook-02.JPG

Clearly no love lost there. What a shame. Two ardent St Mirren fans and both influential in their own way. The situation stands a better chance of being resolved by these two guys having a grown up face to face conversation.

4 minutes ago, linwood-bud said:

When I state that the fans are the club I don’t mean that the fans run the club.

If Gordon decides next season we are going to start wearing strips that are Blue/Green because bigger teams have success wearing them, it would be a business decision. However I would predict that the fans would revolt and there would only be one winner.

At the end of the day we are lucky that Gordon is also a fan and I personally think we are very lucky to have him in charge and I wouldn’t swap him for a Chinese consortium promising us Champions League football.

Yeah I would agree with all of that.

It's a two way streak but from Div's post above it looks like Josh wants to make it all about him.

He must be a f**king nightmare to work with.

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Fair enough but given that you deliberately withheld crucial information from us that the club had already said No to the banner prior to the match, you can surely understand people being cautious about believing we are getting the full truth from you now.

Trust is a two way street. The W7 boys might just be learning that lesson right now.

That information has been out there and widely shared since the banner was displayed tbf. Here it is from my twitter post during the game

03334EC6-FA59-48E6-BC5B-97C3493606BF.png

1 minute ago, magnus said:

Clearly no love lost there. What a shame. Two ardent St Mirren fans and both influential in their own way. The situation stands a better chance of being resolved by these two guys having a grown up face to face conversation.

You really reckon both are at fault here?

I think it's pretty clear that Josh has a serious attitude problem over this.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's a two way streak but from Div's post above it looks like Josh wants to make it all about him.

There seems to be only one way to turn this into a positive.

Gordon Scott in the away end banging on the drum for the full 90 minutes away at Hamilton on Saturday!

4 minutes ago, Doakes said:

That information has been out there and widely shared since the banner was displayed tbf. Here it is from my twitter post during the game

03334EC6-FA59-48E6-BC5B-97C3493606BF.png

I was talking purely about the discussion on this forum. More than 20 pages of posts including plenty of people asking about the club's position on the issue.and you made no reference to this. I will however retract my statement about it being a deliberate omission though based on your response here.

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, oaksoft said:

You really reckon both are at fault here?

I think it's pretty clear that Josh has a serious attitude problem over this.

I think he is hacked off about what he considers to be a breach of his private data and feels let down by the Club handing his details to the police. It's a valid concern. Again probably better explained in person.

Just now, magnus said:

I think he is hacked off about what he considers to be a breach of his private data and feels let down by the Club handing his details to the police. It's a valid concern. Again probably better explained in person.

I agree that he could have handled it in a mature manner. He didn't and now I think he has a responsibility to make the peace with Gordon. I don't think Gordon has done anything wrong here at all.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Listen mate, I wish it wasn’t all about me but unfortunately it is as I put my name to it. 

The rest of the group decided that it’s right to stand up against this. 

Your right i am a f**cking nightmare to work with what about it

Just now, ged62 said:

W7 boys need to grow up a bit it’s not all about them, the singing is great ect but there is more to the club than just that section. emoji6.png

Good point. I think they have got a bit power drunk here and have deluded themselves into concluding that they are the soul of the club.

It’s got f**k all to do with the club if the police want to find out out where someone lives for whatever reason they should be allowed to do so.

It’s not as if they just handed the information to your local feegie burglar.

If they are harassing Someone for no reason then that’s the police’s fault not the clubs.

It should only be a concern if you’ve got something to hide.

Guest TPAFKATS
If folks want to display a message, all they have to do is have 16 T-shirts each one printed with a different letter from "notfanscriminals" and then 16 of them could wear the T-shirts.

Considering the North Bank banner was held upside down on Friday night, you may well be correct [emoji3]

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I agree that he could have handled it in a mature manner. He didn't and now I think he has a responsibility to make the peace with Gordon. I don't think Gordon has done anything wrong here at all.

It looks like poor communication at the heart of it. Then feelings get hurt and people fall out. I hope it gets sorted. I don' t know Josh but he is a passionate Saints fan and a lot of his match day promo stuff is great e.g. the opening day display.

1 minute ago, Suggestion said:

Listen mate, I wish it wasn’t all about me but unfortunately it is as I put my name to it. 

The rest of the group decided that it’s right to stand up against this. 

Your right i am a f**cking nightmare to work with what about it

It depends on what you are trying to achieve and who you want to take with you.

If your intention was to create a completely avoidable rift with the club, leave yourself personally isolated and damage the reputation of the rest of the W7 boys by association then congratulations because you've done a hell of a job. You might have noticed that the belligerent support you had at the start of the thread by dozens of other posters has dwindled to nothing since the true picture of what happened has emerged. That is on you. I just don't know what you are trying to achieve though.

Oh and the rest of the group didn't agree with the banner. You got a majority vote in your favour.

4 minutes ago, magnus said:

It looks like poor communication at the heart of it. Then feelings get hurt and people fall out. I hope it gets sorted. I don' t know Josh but he is a passionate Saints fan and a lot of his match day promo stuff is great e.g. the opening day display.

Yes I agree but none of that matters if your attitude stinks and you are a nightmare to work with. Josh and probably a few others are having to learn a lesson that most of us picked up as kids.

Just now, oaksoft said:

It depends on what you are trying to achieve and who you want to take with you.

If your intention was to create a completely avoidable rift with the club, leave yourself personally isolated and damage the reputation of the rest of the W7 boys by association then congratulations because you've done a hell of a job. You might have noticed that the belligerent support you had at the start of the thread by dozens of other posters has dwindled to nothing since the true picture of what happened has emerged. That is on you. I just don't know what you are trying to achieve though.

Oh and the rest of the group didn't agree with the banner. You got a majority vote in your favour.

Not my proposal to do the banner I proposed a silent protest with everyone with there mouths shut. 

But yes we did decide as a group to do this banner and then after the club said not to do it we decided as a group to display it together. 

Not me the group. 

Were not out to get the support from other supporters. 

We want to support the team without being treated as criminals when you’ve done nothing wrong. 

is that such a hard thing to do? 

21 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

The plural of fanny is fannies not fannys.