Club statement please on police activity in W7

6 minutes ago, magnus said:

It looks like poor communication at the heart of it. Then feelings get hurt and people fall out. I hope it gets sorted. I don' t know Josh but he is a passionate Saints fan and a lot of his match day promo stuff is great e.g. the opening day display.

It’s clear that only one person will come out on top between a young disgruntled fan and highly respected businessman with years of legally drafted communication experience. Especially on a open social media format such as Facebook.

Maybe Josh is making things worse now, but I’d hope that Gordon would look to reach out privately and sort this matter out.

Just now, Suggestion said:

Not my proposal to do the banner I proposed a silent protest with everyone with there mouths shut. 

But yes we did decide as a group to do this banner and then after the club said not to do it we decided as a group to display it together. 

Not me the group. 

Were not out to get the support from other supporters. 

We want to support the team without being treated as criminals when you’ve done nothing wrong. 

is that such a hard thing to do? 

This says a lot to me.

Suggests you think you are the be all and end all and fcuk the rest, the majority for your information.

Even at this stage you fail to recognise the damage you have done to this group. 

Un-fcuking-believable. 

1 minute ago, linwood-bud said:

It’s clear that only one person will come out on top between a young disgruntled fan and highly respected businessman with years of legally drafted communication experience. Especially on a open social media format such as Facebook.

Maybe Josh is making things worse now, but I’d hope that Gordon would look to reach out privately and sort this matter out.

100% agree linwood-bud.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This says a lot to me.

Suggests you think you are the be all and end all and fcuk the rest, the majority for your information.

Even at this stage you fail to recognise the damage you have done to this group. 

Un-fcuking-believable. 

How is that? 

Do you go to games to impress other fans? 

Does that make you the be all and end all? 

Ridiculous comment 

Not my proposal to do the banner I proposed a silent protest with everyone with there mouths shut. 
But yes we did decide as a group to do this banner and then after the club said not to do it we decided as a group to display it together. 
Not me the group. 

We want to support the team without being treated as criminals when you’ve done nothing wrong. 

I don’t think having an adult conversation with the police to help them with whatever concerns they may have to show your doing nothing wrong is such a hard thing to do either.

If points like that end up costing the club more money on policing in future then it’s not really a worthwhile point.

I think it’s more for the police and them to sort out it’s not the club that’s suppose to be harassing them for doing nothing wrong but support their club.

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

I think it’s more for the police and them to sort out it’s not the club that’s suppose to be harassing them for doing nothing wrong but support their club.

I think the issue is with the police turning up at the guys door, having been given his address by the club.  Unless the police can provide evidence that someone is involved in criminal activities then this information can be with held.

12 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

Not me the group. 

That is the problem though. You are tying up two different issues into one. You need to separate them.

I understand you being pissed off about the police visits although I don't agree that you are being treated as a criminal. We haven't even got to that discussion though because you have gone off the rails regarding the banner and I can't support your behaviour on that at all.

Just take a second here. You have persuaded me to have some empathy with your situation but your attitude over the banner is stopping us from reaching an agreement on the first issue. I am asking you to just step back for a second and try and calm down a bit. Gordon Scott is not your enemy so stop fighting him. I am not your enemy either BTW.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

That is the problem though. You are tying up two different issues into one. You need to separate them.

I understand you being pissed off about the police visits although I don't agree that you are being treated as a criminal. We haven't even got to that discussion though because you have gone off the rails regarding the banner and I can't support your behaviour on that at all.

Just take a second here. You have persuaded me to have some empathy with your situation but your attitude over the banner is stopping us from reaching an agreement on the first issue. I am asking you to just step back for a second and try and calm down a bit. Gordon Scott is not your enemy so stop fighting him. I am not your enemy either BTW.

Good advice. I would take it. 

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

I am sure if I enter your home I have to abide by your house rules ie don't piss on the carpet or write on the walls. Are you depriving me of my Human Rights? No. It's your venue and you make the rules. Just like a cinema, shopping mall, museum and football stadium. St Mirren have all their behaviour policies displayed on their web site.

I don't think, as far as I'm aware that the fans were urinating outside the toilets or spraying graffiti on the walls.  Likewise, if you came into my house  my rules don't stipulate a prohibition against expressing a political opinion when watching Question Time.

5 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

What because I’m sticking up for what I believe is right?

Yes, we know that. Nobody is questioning that. We are all questioning your method for getting what you want. It is aggressive and confrontational and absolutely doomed to failure. Adults don't respond well to schoolyard behaviour from others.

4 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

Well do you go to games to gain the support from other fans? 

Equally is it your intention to alienate large numbers of them by your behaviour?

I would suggest that was the more important point.

You are not gojng to achieve much in life through belligerence. I'm afraid that things only get done through a wider collaborative approach and wider concensus amongst the various parties.

5 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

Well do you go to games to gain the support from other fans? 

So, again, you don't give a feck about what the majority of the support might think?

You're doing a great job of alienating the whole group.

You obviously think you are a cut above the rest, and, as such, you can do what YOU think is right

4 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I don't think, as far as I'm aware that the fans were urinating outside the toilets or spraying graffiti on the walls.  Likewise, if you came into my house  my rules don't stipulate a prohibition against expressing a political opinion when watching Question Time.

In my house you might be asked to leave if you kept banging on about Palestine and destroying the state of Israel if other guests in the room were Jewish. :P

I think the issue is with the police turning up at the guys door, having been given his address by the club.  Unless the police can provide evidence that someone is involved in criminal activities then this information can be with held.

Wonder why they haven’t asked for my address then if they are just asking for random addresses for no reason.

I wouldn’t care tbh I’d just help them to show they are wasting their time

I see no problem with club assisting the police if they have any concerns .

Just now, buddies1877 said:

Wonder why they haven’t asked for my address then if they are just asking for random addresses for no reason.

I wouldn’t care tbh I’d just help them to show they are wasting their time

I see no problem with club assisting the police if they have any concerns .

Yes, I don't understand this unwillingness to help the Police with legitimate concerns over hooliganism and anti social behaviour which still exists in the game. I certainly don't understand anyone seeing this as criminalising them in any way. He could have told the Police he wasn't free at that time. 9am is hardly early. Most people are up for work at 6 or 7.