Club statement please on police activity in W7

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Great stuff - you decide what is acceptable in your house. You have rules for your venue and SMFC has rules for it's venue. So if I go to your house I am subject to your rules and if I go to Greenhill Rd I are subject to SMFC's rules. Likewise I cannot display a banner at the cinema or at Braehead unless I seek and get approval.

I don't think your comparison with someones private abode and a public place is a good one . As has been said , the banner in question was fairly innocuous and perhaps GLS has over reacted to it.  He has justified his reaction by saying he wants to keep the polis sweet. Overall , GLS has done a great job since his return to Club , which is undeniable but he has made two mistakes , one employing Stubbs and the second is his handling of these particular incidents involving supporters in W7.

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

However I feel there is an element in the W7 group that will not let this go and it will all end in tears, which is a shame. 

This is my concern too. I know some of the guys in W7 from my days in Paisley and they aren't taking it very well.

Personally, I seen no issue with the banner and I wouldn't have "banned" it if it was my decision. It's a bit ridiculous when the Celtic fans had a more visible banner with the word "shagger" on it. Again I don't find it offensive myself but there would have been kids in the stadium seeing that one.

That being said, it was made clear that the club didn't want this banner on display. That should have been the end of it, whether or not you disagree with the club's decision. They set themselves up for bother by displaying it. In the end they rebelled and made their statement, fair enough. Rebelling isn't necessarily a bad thing. But they knew the potential consequences of their actions. Hopefully this can be sorted out, but as FS has said, there could be an element that won't let this go.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:snore

If you start to bring in human rights and discrimination into this we're well and truly fcuked.

No I don't give a f**k about human rights and that shit. But the thing that pisses me off is one rule for them and another rule for us attitude that is rife all the way from top too bottom of Scottish football.

26 minutes ago, mattman said:

Ricky, sorry I’m not trying to sound rude here, but PLEASE stop commenting.

Give your fingers a break mate, you keep repeating the same stuff but seem to not exactly know what’s going on. 

Its giving me a headache. Apologies again but please. Thank you

Matt

The reason for myself and others being repetitive is the failure of some to grasp the reality of the situation and respect and support the board's decision despite having been given what you asked for on this forum thread... A statement and Guidance.  Both have been delivered.  Whether you like them or not is another matter.  Take that up with the SLO and get back to supporting the team.. Something you guys are good at. 

it's very obvious what's going on and I don't approve,whilst at the same time retaining support for the good work done by W7.

There is an attempt to position the board as being in the wrong and insensitive and to involve the club and police in discussion direct with W7.

None of these outcomes would be good,  in my opinion.  It would split W7 from the rest of the Fans.  Not an outcome I would welcome. 

Simply put - you guys want to change the system of communication and decision making to bypass the SLO and draw the  Chairman into direct talks. 

Now I don't know if the SLO is complicit in this,  I don't know.  If yes,  that's not good from their point of view.  If no then it's not good from your point of view.  It's a no win position.

I will never ask you to stop posting nor any other forum member.  If you can't stand the heat etc.  So tough. 

5 minutes ago, jkd said:

No I don't give a f**k about human rights and that shit. But the thing that pisses me off is one rule for them and another rule for us attitude that is rife all the way from top too bottom of Scottish football.

This isn't the issue here and if you don't behave I'll send you over to the St MIrre Facebook page...................you'll know all about posting shite over there. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Matt

The reason for myself and others being repetitive is the failure of some to grasp the reality of the situation and respect and support the board's decision despite having been given what you asked for on this forum thread... A statement and Guidance.  Both have been delivered.  Whether you like them or not is another matter.  Take that up with the SLO and get back to supporting the team.. Something you guys are good at. 

it's very obvious what's going on and I don't approve,whilst at the same time retaining support for the good work done by W7.

There is an attempt to position the board as being in the wrong and insensitive and to involve the club and police in discussion direct with W7.

None of these outcomes would be good,  in my opinion.  It would split W7 from the rest of the Fans.  Not an outcome I would welcome. 

Simply put - you guys want to change the system of communication and decision making to bypass the SLO and draw the  Chairman into direct talks. 

Now I don't know if the SLO is complicit in this,  I don't know.  If yes,  that's not good from their point of view.  If no then it's not good from your point of view.  It's a no win position.

I will never ask you to stop posting nor any other forum member.  If you can't stand the heat etc.  So tough. 

Ricky it’s just I’m trying to read what’s going on and your absolutely taking over the place but not really bringing much points to the table, just repeating yourself. That’s all I’m saying. Chill out man 

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Ricky it’s just I’m trying to read what’s going on and your absolutely taking over the place but not really bringing much points to the table, just repeating yourself. That’s all I’m saying. Chill out man 

Sorry you can't follow things.  Where Am I mistaken?  Pray tell. 

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Matt

I dont think the message is being received Ricky, what is it the W7 team should do? Who should the seek,palaver with? Some elder statesman needs to clear this all up, lift the fog, de clutter the desk, wipe the windscreen, wipe the arse..!