Club statement please on police activity in W7

YOU seem to know a lot about how the GROUP work and operate ........ considering you have absolutely nothing to do with it?   default_cool.png

My knowledge is gained from listening to what members have stated. I'd love you to point out any inaccuracies or did you just post for the sake of it?

Thank you for reminding me that I have "absolutely nothing to do with it".

I'll try and remember that next time they ask for donations!

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Were I advising two groups like this,  I would encourage normal processes to continue.  I wouldn't encourage direct talks by the Chairman or board.  To do so would create an unfortunate precedent and essentially dismantle the credibility of the SLO.  There may be a figure outside the club who has no axe to grind for the club,  fans or police but is considered to be sensitive to the whole fan base who is merely there to listen to both.  Who that might be,  I don't know.  As you know,  I don't live in Paisley and haven't been involved in the Fans Council,  SMISA or other groups.  Others are better places to make suggestions. 

Ricky cant you think of anyone else the W7 team could seek palaver with? Theres gotta be someone you haven't mentioned? Mother Ther... ach naw..

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ricky cant you think of anyone else the W7 team could seek palaver with? Theres gotta be someone you haven't mentioned? Mother Ther... ach naw..

I actually thought of some one Faraway. Maybe Arbroath.  Anyway.. Definitely over and out on this thread for me. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Going in circles here boys.

I get the feeling that some of the W& group have, but there is no doubt they have lost some support in the way that some, not all,  have come across as Billy big baws and see themselves as above the decision of the man who's job it is to make decisions.

This has been simmering for a while, somebody, IF there's to be a resolution, has to knock a few heads together and get back to supporting the team and players. 

However I feel there is an element in the W7 group that will not let this go and it will all end in tears, which is a shame. 

We haven't even started asking questions like who funded the banner in the first place. These lads had a JustGiving or something page setup for funds a while back. A few people on here who are now driticising Friday's banner, one in particular, heavily publicised that for them. Did they use that fund for this banner?  I imagine that if they did, support for them might just fall off the cliff face.

What an absolute waste.

41 minutes ago, jaybee said:

YOU seem to know a lot about how the GROUP work and operate ........ considering you have absolutely nothing to do with it?   B)

Because I’m not a complete and utter IDIOT and I know how groups work... Mutual respect for each other and the willingness to work together even through differences of opinion. 

Doesny take a genius to work that out:huh:

36 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

My knowledge is gained from listening to what members have stated. I'd love you to point out ant inaccuracies or did you just post for the sake of it?

Message to the W7 boys. That is how you deliver a beautifully manicured slapdown. :lol:

f**king brutal!

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We haven't even started asking questions like who funded the banner in the first place. These lads had a JustGiving or something page setup for funds a while back. A few people on here who are now driticising Friday's banner, one in particular, heavily publicised that for them. Did they use that fund for this banner?  I imagine that if they did, support for them might just fall off the cliff face.

What an absolute waste.

Aye cos I’m sure the hundreds of pounds raised on the Just Giving page were used to paint black letters on a wee bed sheet... 

440305D3-33EA-4CC0-A4CF-E07BA730D95C.png

39 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

My knowledge is gained from listening to what members have stated. I'd love you to point out ant inaccuracies or did you just post for the sake of it?

You do know jaybee wasn’t talking to you :ph34r:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Ricky, see when you quote somebody you done have to mention their name or some shortened version,, FFS! 

Ricky, he’s probably called Mattman cause that how his wife/girlfriend perceives his role in their relationship.

I’m with you Mattman. 

Many on here are downtrodden males.

Sounds like both parties need to get round the table and clear the air.

If the banner was rejected beforehand and still displayed then the stewards have every right to confiscate but their does seem to be an air of double standards considering Celtic seem to have quite freely produced their own banner without similar repercussions.

The W7 lads are clearly frustrated right now and by the sounds of it, justifiably so. I would certainly be demanding answers from the club if information was given out about me resulting in an unwarranted approach from the police regardless of whether the club are legally obligated to do so.

5 minutes ago, StMurnBois said:
49 minutes ago, jaybee said:

YOU seem to know a lot about how the GROUP work and operate ........ considering you have absolutely nothing to do with it?   B)

Because I’m not a complete and utter IDIOT and I know how groups work... Mutual respect for each other and the willingness to work together even through differences of opinion. 

Doesny take a genius to work that out:huh:

My implication was that you had slightly more knowledge than you admit to, (although not that you are necessarily part of; or are attached to them) and I shan't even comment on how an IDIOT might spell or pronounce Does not. B) Previous to my retirement; I worked with groups professionally for around 25 years and I am afraid your interpretation of how groups work is 'at the least' very naive.   What you describe is how groups should work, but that neglects the very real fact that within groups there are leaders and followers and that some leaders can be very persuasive in promoting their 'very reasonable' point of view and again I am not suggesting that this IS the case, what I am saying is UNLESS you are closer to them than you say then YOU cannot know.  Also when groups vote to do something that is bound to be viewed as controversial, if endowed  with the traits that you mentioned;  would generally revisit that decision and amend or adjust their actions it such a way that they could still a) make their point and b) avoid the controversy in order to c) retain the credibility that as a group they had built previously.  They did not follow that; IMO reasonable procedure and instead choose to issue a challenge to the St Mirren B.O.D. or more precisely GS, only one winner here I'm afraid.

Sincerely my friend, I am simply of the opinion that the group was wrong and are compounding that by trying to justify what they did and furthermore by not simply holding their hands up and admitting they got it wrong, we all do from time to time myself included.  

Nothing much more to add to this that hasn't been said already.

The police started this by contacting the club. I don't think the club did anything untoward in confirming to them that an individual was a season ticket holder.

Did the club also pass over an address? No idea. Does it matter?

I know the police sometimes ain't the smartest, but I'm sure they would be able to find someones address out without having to ask the football club.

Having done that and made their home visit to Josh, which I personally think most of us agree was entirely wrong, they've opened up this can of worms.

The police started this. The police. Not the club.

And yet the club is getting the brunt of the anger on this, and it's spiralling way out of control.

We now have a very unhappy W7 group trying to defend themselves against some of their fellow fans, we have a board that is under attack from some fans, and we have everyone else sitting in between wondering what the fuck is going on.

Hopefully George can help broker some peace here and some common sense will break out. This is, to quote Renton, an absolutley shite state of affairs.

9 minutes ago, div said:

The police started this by contacting the club. I don't think the club did anything untoward in confirming to them that an individual was a season ticket holder.

I know the police sometimes ain't the smartest, but I'm sure they would be able to find someones address out without having to ask the football club.

Having done that and made their home visit to Josh, which I personally think most of us agree was entirely wrong, they've opened up this can of worms.

And yet the club is getting the brunt of the anger on this, and it's spiralling way out of control.

We now have a very unhappy W7 group trying to defend themselves against some of their fellow fans, we have a board that is under attack from some fans, and we have everyone else sitting in between wondering what the f**k is going on.

Hopefully George can help broker some peace here and some common sense will break out. This is, to quote Renton, an absolutley shite state of affairs.

How do we KNOW that this visit was "entirely wrong"? 

I'm certainly not casting aspersions but there's an awful lot of certainty that this "visit" was unwarranted. 

I'm, overall, of the opinion the police usually do this on some sort of suspicion or evidence.

I'm fairly sure most of us don;t have the police knocking on our door, I've certainly not for a very long time. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

How do we KNOW that this visit was "entirely wrong"? 

I'm certainly not casting aspersions but there's an awful lot of certainty that this "visit" was unwarranted. 

I'm, overall, of the opinion the police usually do this on some sort of suspicion or evidence.

I'm fairly sure most of us don;t have the police knocking on our door, I've certainly not for a very long time. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16735745.police-scotland-accused-of-trying-to-turn-young-football-fans-into-paid-informants/

We now have a very unhappy W7 group trying to defend themselves against some of their fellow fans, we have a board that is under attack from some fans, and we have everyone else sitting in between wondering what the f**k is going on.

So were the "visits" that have been talked about actually just one visit?

14 minutes ago, Hambud said:
53 minutes ago, div said:

So were the "visits" that have been talked about actually just one visit?

No idea but the club, via the facebook post that Gordon made today, say they only passed on season ticket details on one individual, ie; Josh.

"We replied to the police when asked if you were a season ticket holder, nothing more. Nobody else's details were requested and none were supplied. You are well aware of this"

If the banner was rejected beforehand and still displayed then the stewards have every right to confiscate but their does seem to be an air of double standards considering Celtic seem to have quite freely produced their own banner without similar repercussions.

For the sake of clarity. Celtic fans call Leigh Griffiths ‘shagger’ - it’s a term of endearment. The banner was to congratulate him on 100 goals.

What I think is getting missed here is, Scott hasn’t actually made any changes today or put any restrictions on the W7 group.  He has basically stated that you were told not to display a banner and deliberately went against their wishes. He has called you out on it, told you not to do it again and has encourage you to continue supporting the team. What is the issue?

The board have provided this group with their own section in the ground, allow them to stand the whole game with no hassle from the stewards, allowed banners and drums into the ground and even investigated the option of safe standing in the area. I don’t see the board/club putting any obstacles in the way of this group, they have been very supportive.

The W7 group seem to be creating their own obstacles by deliberately disobeying rules put in place by the very club they purport to support. You can’t just go against them because you don’t like it. It is yourselfs that are creating problems against a board that have actively supported you.

Suck it up. The group have made a mistake displaying the banner, the board have called you out on it, asked you not to do it again and that’s it. They haven’t banned you from any other displays and asked you to continue supporting the club. Get over your own self importance.

No idea but the club, via the facebook post that Gordon made today, say they only passed on season ticket details on one individual, ie; Josh.
The whole thing is a brass neck.

The people questioning GS professionalism for replying to messages are having a laugh. They are measured and informative responses.

How can folk work themselves into so much of a lather about nothing?

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

For the sake of clarity. Celtic fans call Leigh Griffiths ‘shagger’ - it’s a term of endearment. The banner was to congratulate him on 100 goals.

Thats all fine and dandy but was it presented to our Club for inspection beforehand.?One stray flare and woooooft............

Guest TPAFKATS
Had a quick look on the official site forum to see what they are all making of this stramash.
Four posts in total.
Seems not everyone cares as much as we do on here as we reach page 33 [emoji3]
To be fair, if you took out all the posts of folk repeating themselves every few hours it would be about 10 pages.

I don't think your comparison with someones private abode and a public place is a good one . As has been said , the banner in question was fairly innocuous and perhaps GLS has over reacted to it.  He has justified his reaction by saying he wants to keep the polis sweet. Overall , GLS has done a great job since his return to Club , which is undeniable but he has made two mistakes , one employing Stubbs and the second is his handling of these particular incidents involving supporters in W7.

I think the comparison does the job for the point being made. For each building someone owns it, manages it and takes responsibility for the actions of anyone on the premises. A football stadium only allows acces to the public providing they adhere to the stadium rules - the public cannot do what they feel like. The management decides.