Club statement please on police activity in W7

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Before you go though, would appreciate you replying to the post I made about 'structure' or 'hierarchy' within the W7 group.

I would imagine now that they've been targeted by the police, the chairman, the club, the media and other fans thats info they are keeping to themselves. Especially big Pike, he'll no want his name plastered aw ower social meedia.

1 hour ago, class of 76-77 said:

Do you know the person from W7 who posted on twitter that GLS was a weapon pass it on. Some of these young guys need to grow up, or just f**k off. Posting personal abuse while hiding behind a keyboard is just pathetic. If he’s got a grievance  then grow a pair and contact GLS personally and then enter into some dialogue like any sensible fan would do. All this negative publicity does neither the fans or the club any good.

Do you know for a fact this person sits in w7 or is this pure speculation?

30 minutes ago, div said:

I'd just like to know what the group is called to be honest.

Is it St.Mirren Active, The North Bank Aggro, W7, or the Urban Cookie Collective?

That one I can answer. St Mirren Active was the twitter page I started to promote active/vocal support, off the back of that a few of us got together to create the singing section. Had been standing together at away games and basically the idea was - why can’t we do that at home? A lot of folk didn’t know each other before the group section, mostly grew via the internet. Facebook and twitter in particular.

When I created the page on twitter I had no idea it would turn into the “Northbank”, as it’s now called, in W7. 

So the fan group is the Northbank. I try to focus on promoting positive support (there is plenty) from our support as a whole. 

In my mind we’re all one- the Northbank (in general) start the singing, but would love it if we eventually had the whole ground going. Despite nonsense like this - I feel like it’s getting there.

definitely last post this time :lol:

Edited by Doakes

If Gordon canny take a slagging on the internet, maybe his new internet guidelines (which is a ridiculous concept) will cover it to protect his feelings :wink:
I'm sure he's been called worse

Threads been done to death so last post on the subject from me

Aye... Very mature and helpful in the circumstances...

Light touchpaper and run!

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

17 minutes ago, Doakes said:

That one I can answer. St Mirren Active was the twitter page I started to promote active/vocal support, off the back of that a few of us got together to create the singing section. Had been standing together at away games and basically the idea was - why can’t we do that at home? A lot of folk didn’t know each other before the group section, mostly grew via the internet. Facebook and twitter in particular.

When I created the page on twitter I had no idea it would turn into the “Northbank”, as it’s now called, in W7. 

So the fan group is the Northbank. I try to focus on promoting positive support (there is plenty) from our support as a whole. 

In my mind we’re all one- the Northbank (in general) start the singing, but would love it if we eventually had the whole ground going. Despite nonsense like this - I feel like it’s getting there.

Thanks Doakes. Hopefully the guys in the group have learned from this. Just one question....were you there on Friday? The reason I ask is that the whole ground was involved in singing. Don't say this to rain on your parade but just to put things in context.  Meanwhile. .. there is a thread running on the Hamilton game. Would be great if you and the other guys in the group shared your enthusiasms on there.

Edited by St.Ricky

7 minutes ago, Doakes said:

W7 woud save a few quid on paint :P

11 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Aye... Very mature and helpful in the circumstances...

Light touchpaper and run!

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

...without answering a genuinely posed question either. Seems strange that a genuine request to ask if there’s some sort of organisation within the group is met with stony silence, when a few pages ago, Doakes openly talked about some sort of discussion where ‘the majority’ decided to display the banned bedsheet. That would suggest there are meetings and votes, and a few people assuming the role of leaders within the group.

It’s all getting very strange. Maybe I’m better off not knowing. Maybe there are funny handshakes involved, knowing glances, sneaky signals across the bar room table. Pointy white hats and burning crosses, effigies of Gordon Scott readied for November 5th, Triad style tattoos on left buttocks, an annual outing to the seaside in Glasgow Black Cabs....

Could be like a golf club. Basturts will be inflitrating the golf day soon... I’ve got my eye on them. B)

Edited by pozbaird

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Seems strange that a genuine request to ask if there’s some sort of organisation within the group is met with stony silence,

Seems strange why this clown thinks someone has to answer his question in particular!

Probably didn't reply due to the sarcasm in the question, knowing it would end in the usual pitiful attempt at wit, which it did anyway!

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

That's like asking do you know the person who sits 4 rows behind you and 2 seats to the left :lol: 

Hundreds of people in there

If Gordon canny take a slagging on the internet, maybe his new internet guidelines (which is a ridiculous concept) will cover it to protect his feelings :wink:

I'm sure he's been called worse

Threads been done to death so last post on the subject from me

He's called Brian and got bored with this and gave up at page 10.

I, however, am made a sterner stuff but I'm away to join him now.     :byebye

43 minutes ago, Doakes said:

The North Bank, who sit in the West?

Right enough I guess West Bank would have too many political implications.

So, it's the North Bank, but collectively when you are together you shall be known as a bunch of North Bankers :P

Maybe W7 was a better name after all :thumbsup

2 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:

Do you know the person from W7 who posted on twitter that GLS was a weapon pass it on. Some of these young guys need to grow up, or just f**k off. Posting personal abuse while hiding behind a keyboard is just pathetic. If he’s got a grievance  then grow a pair and contact GLS personally and then enter into some dialogue like any sensible fan would do. All this negative publicity does neither the fans or the club any good.

I think I know him, he sat near the main stand not W7, he has a read on here from time to time I'll let him know, 

Hey Stubbsy, give it a fcuking rest...... Sorted..:D

20 minutes ago, div said:

The North Bank, who sit in the West?

Right enough I guess West Bank would have too many political implications.

So, it's the North Bank, but collectively when you are together you shall be known as a bunch of North Bankers :P

Maybe W7 was a better name after all :thumbsup

Perhaps The North West Frontier Group.....Boldly going etc.  Maybe not.  I like W7

Edited by St.Ricky

5 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Front page of the PDE with a "banner" headline.

20180919_124406.jpeg

One can guess at the PDE's core readership when you note the advert at the top of the front page.

The cost is  lot more than a season ticket.

When the time comes just prop me up in my seat.

I'll keep the flies off the pies.

5 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

One can guess at the PDE's core readership when you note the advert at the top of the front page.

The cost is  lot more than a season ticket.

When the time comes just prop me up in my seat.

I'll keep the flies off the pies.

That entire page is about St Mirren. The top left headline is about Oran Kearney’s pal coming in to entertain the squad, and the top right headline is about some on this forum learning that Gus is coming back.

Edited by pozbaird