Club statement please on police activity in W7

19 hours ago, Sonny said:

I think the comparison does the job for the point being made. For each building someone owns it, manages it and takes responsibility for the actions of anyone on the premises. A football stadium only allows acces to the public providing they adhere to the stadium rules - the public cannot do what they feel like. The management decides.

Okay Sonny , I think you are comparing arbitrary laws that a landlord might have on his premises with Human Rights that were ratified by the U.N. and the U.K. in 1948 and have no borders or boundaries. Arbitrary laws do not supercede Human Rights , it is that simple. It seems that , not many people even in this country know what their Human Rights are and to be fair I only read the 30 articles a couple of years ago for the first time. There were huge Human Rights demonstrations back in the 6ts in this country and around the world

The North Bank, who sit in the West?
Right enough I guess West Bank would have too many political implications.
So, it's the North Bank, but collectively when you are together you shall be known as a bunch of North Bankers [emoji14]
Maybe W7 was a better name after all :thumbsup

They should follow the rules, do what they are told & stop being bankers. [emoji12]

With the club giving this to The Record, and another director on twitter raging against the W7 cant help but thinking the club seem completely unable to avoid clusterf**king up the smallest of things that in reality, no one else in the world, including the police give a toss about..! Without the club and chairman issuing statements, talking to the media etc who else would have ever known about the banner?

feck me i was there and didnt even know about it till the club started shouting it from the rooftops. Was this really something the felt they had to criticise their own fans in the media about??? Has anyone got a clue about PR down there. What a f**king mess.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/st-mirren-chairman-hits-out-13271323

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

With the club giving this to The Record, and another director on twitter raging against the W7 cant help but thinking the club seem completely unable to avoid clusterf**king up the smallest of things that in reality, no one else in the world, including the police give a toss about..! Without the club and chairman issuing statements, talking to the media etc who else would have ever known about the banner?

feck me i was there and didnt even know about it till the club started shouting it from the rooftops. Was this really something the felt they had to criticise their own fans in the media about??? Has anyone got a clue about PR down there. What a f**king mess.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/st-mirren-chairman-hits-out-13271323

Thats the artical from the PDE owner is the Record it did not make the Daily Record. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Thats the artical from the PDE owner is the Record it did not make the Daily Record. 

Funny that, as it says The Record in the link, and i just read it on the record website. Maybe the W7 guys have taken over the internet too!

i guess the record website has a much bigger readership than the print edition?

Edited by Lord Pityme

56 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I agree that a mountain has been made out of a molehill.....from my perspective on both sides!!

Could you point out any bits the club "gave" to The Record and not bits that hey have just lifted from the Chairman's Update on the Official Club Website? I may have missed an exclusive quote for The Record and wouldn't mind reading it!!

If it's the former (lifted from the website) I'm not really sure where the club is at fault......fans clamour for statements about everything (just look at the title for this thread), they make a statement and then get criticised for making statements!!

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

I agree that a mountain has been made out of a molehill.....from my perspective on both sides!!

Could you point out any bits the club "gave" to The Record and not bits that hey have just lifted from the Chairman's Update on the Official Club Website? I may have missed an exclusive quote for The Record and wouldn't mind reading it!!

If it's the former (lifted from the website) I'm not really sure where the club is at fault......fans clamour for statements about everything (just look at the title for this thread), they make a statement and then get criticised for making statements!!

Either a direct quote, a public statement which the media were referred to when contacting the club, or the simple fact its out in the public domain all indicate the club willingly gave the media a hopelessly negative story to run with, that frankly no one in the world cared about until the club decide to harangue their own fans on social media.

tell me do you think any pr adviser would have told the club to go to town on social media with this? Or indeed is it anything other than a stupid decision on their part to self harm in the media?

apparently alll parties are now going to get round the table, mibbaes that should have been the first call???

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Either a direct quote, a public statement which the media were referred to when contacting the club, or the simple fact its out in the public domain all indicate the club willingly gave the media a hopelessly negative story to run with, that frankly no one in the world cared about until the club decide to harangue their own fans on social media.

tell me do you think any pr adviser would have told the club to go to town on social media with this? Or indeed is it anything other than a stupid decision on their part to self harm in the media?

apparently alll parties are now going to get round the table, mibbaes that should have been the first call???

Okay.....one bit at a time. 

Do we agree that the club did not directly go to the media and give them a direct quote??

Although it was around a negative situation I think the story would have run, purely from the W7 side anyway. When the W7 side of the story broke they failed to mention that the club had said "no" to their banner. The club, although somewhat ham-fistedly, put out their side of the story and explained why the stewards had to act the way they did. I think it could have been more cleverly written but having asked our "PR advisors" at work whether they would have advised putting the clubs side across they have said that they would, they also said they'd have covered the accusations on social media in a prepared statement on the club website and not gone on to social media.

There would have been no need to go round any table, to sort out this mess, had W7 accepted the clubs decision not to allow the banner in the stadium!!