Club statement please on police activity in W7

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

With the club giving this to The Record, and another director on twitter raging against the W7 cant help but thinking the club seem completely unable to avoid clusterf**king up the smallest of things that in reality, no one else in the world, including the police give a toss about..! Without the club and chairman issuing statements, talking to the media etc who else would have ever known about the banner?

feck me i was there and didnt even know about it till the club started shouting it from the rooftops. Was this really something the felt they had to criticise their own fans in the media about??? Has anyone got a clue about PR down there. What a f**king mess.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/st-mirren-chairman-hits-out-13271323

With all the information freely available on social media our club didn't have to give anything to anyone.

Anyone with a website could arrange "Saints fan warns on own supporters website of Club PR mess."

Would you then claim you had contacted that website?

Does the Daily Record claim they received the information from the Club?

14 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Okay.....one bit at a time. 

Do we agree that the club did not directly go to the media and give them a direct quote??

Although it was around a negative situation I think the story would have run, purely from the W7 side anyway. When the W7 side of the story broke they failed to mention that the club had said "no" to their banner. The club, although somewhat ham-fistedly, put out their side of the story and explained why the stewards had to act the way they did. I think it could have been more cleverly written but having asked our "PR advisors" at work whether they would have advised putting the clubs side across they have said that they would, they also said they'd have covered the accusations on social media in a prepared statement on the club website and not gone on to social media.

There would have been no need to go round any table, to sort out this mess, had W7 accepted the clubs decision not to allow the banner in the stadium!!

First point, no we dont agree. Because they have by any of the means i stated given it to the media.

the rest is all he said, they said nonsense about ONE innocuous banner. So the Crew didnt heed the banner advice, neither do hundreds of fans who stand at the game, jump up and down on the concourse at various decisions, shout abuse and swear or any other number of minor club rules. But there not getting it in the neck! The club are supposed to be the bigger party, the thinkers, the considered lot here.

if your PR guy thinks its best practice to attack your customers i.e. The bill payers on Social Media and the press, rather than keeping it in the family then youve got big problems!

guess what? Young people dont always do what oldies and authority figures want, especially if they feel they have already been backstabbed!

2 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

With all the information freely available on social media our club didn't have to give anything to anyone.

Anyone with a website could arrange "Saints fan warns on own supporters website of Club PR mess."

Would you then claim you had contacted that website?

Does the Daily Record claim they received the information from the Club?

If you put out official statements on your club social media accounts you are giving stuff to the press, the public and the feckin martians. Thats why organisations have social media accounts and supposedly in this case a social media etiquette.. arf..arf..

A panda walked into a pub looked at a guy and said you owe me money / Guy said how is that / Panda replying you shagged me last night look up the definition of prostitution . / Guy replays look up the definition of Panda - Eats shoots and leaves :ph34r:

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

58 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

First point, no we dont agree. Because they have by any of the means i stated given it to the media.

the rest is all he said, they said nonsense about ONE innocuous banner. So the Crew didnt heed the banner advice, neither do hundreds of fans who stand at the game, jump up and down on the concourse at various decisions, shout abuse and swear or any other number of minor club rules. But there not getting it in the neck! The club are supposed to be the bigger party, the thinkers, the considered lot here.

if your PR guy thinks its best practice to attack your customers i.e. The bill payers on Social Media and the press, rather than keeping it in the family then youve got big problems!

guess what? Young people dont always do what oldies and authority figures want, especially if they feel they have already been backstabbed!

Your usual made-up's, half-truths and untruths as always LPM...….the weird thing is that sometimes you have rational, coherent things to say but they get lost in all your hyperbole and white noise. 

I've just shown our PR guys your response, they just shook their heads and laughed!!

Enjoy the rest of your day old boy!!

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

It will great comfort to the guys in W7 to know you are on their side.

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

Your usual made-up's, half-truths and untruths as always LPM...….the weird thing is that sometimes you have rational, coherent things to say but they get lost in all your hyperbole and white noise. 

I've just shown our PR guys your response, they just shook their heads and laughed!!

You have to let me know when 'you're' PR guys go on social media attacking their customers so i can buy shares in your competitors! Thats money for old rope.

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

You have to let me know when 'you're' PR guys go on social media attacking their customers so i can buy shares in your competitors! Thats money for old rope.

There really is no hope in having any sort of rational debate with you LPM...…..I already told you they didn't think that the "social media"part was very bright. What we had moved onto was the Club Statement which should have contained all they wanted to say in one concise communication. You seem to lose the direction of a dialogue in your quest to show the club being at fault in general and SMiSA and GLS in particular.

I have always tried to play the ball and not the man in any sort of communication I have had with you but from now on I will continue to read your posts but will leave others to have the debate with you. I don't want to clog up threads with the needless tedious toing and froing that debate between us seems to end up in.

I genuinely wish you well

Ally

21 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

There really is no hope in having any sort of rational debate with you LPM...…..I already told you they didn't think that the "social media"part was very bright. What we had moved onto was the Club Statement which should have contained all they wanted to say in one concise communication. You seem to lose the direction of a dialogue in your quest to show the club being at fault in general and SMiSA and GLS in particular.

I have always tried to play the ball and not the man in any sort of communication I have had with you but from now on I will continue to read your posts but will leave others to have the debate with you. I don't want to clog up threads with the needless tedious toing and froing that debate between us seems to end up in.

I genuinely wish you well

Ally

And yet you had to write to tell the world all that...?

have a great day Ally.

2 hours ago, melmac said:

FFS, does this crap really merit 36 pages?

The sad thing is that the issue behind ‘bannergate’ is a serious one. Does anyone deny that the police visited the homes of innocent people unannounced at 9am in the morning, because they are part of a group who congregate in W7? As I posted - I was subject to something similar in 2006 when the police in Inverness contacted me to say I would be hammered by them if any St Mirren fans caused trouble with poles or sticks at the opening game up there. How on earth I was responsible if just one idiot with a drink in them perhaps used a stick as a weapon is beyond me, but the police up there certainly caused me to clart in my nappy.

Sadly, the serious underlying issue has somewhat been lost in a fug of accusation and counter-accusation between individual(s) within W7 and the club, specifically GLS. There is clearly a personality clash there. In some ways, it reminds me of the NFL players who took a knee during the anthem in protest against police brutality in their communities. The original serious message was lost in accusation and counter-accusation about ‘disrespecting the flag’. Which is a load of shite, that isn’t what it was about.

Anyway, my tuppenceworth is that W7 have merely shot themselves in the foot. No-one from their number came on here and mentioned the not insignificant fact that the club had been presented with the banner, and had declined permission for it to be displayed. All I read was indignation about stewards steaming in to remove a non-offensive banner, and how it was a disgrace. To throw in anything about the Celtic banner and their nickname for Griffiths was laughable. What’s the nickname for one of our players who has a song about him again?

When the club refused permission for the banner to be displayed, W7 should, in my opinion, have been in contact with the club, the police, and indeed their MP, to seek talks - about the 9am visits. What seems to have happened though is that unelected anonymous leaders within a group of fans held a vote, and decided pretty much to give GLS a ‘GIRFUY’. Big mistake. 

Those of us who have publically lauded ‘W7’ for their efforts in creating a better vibe in the ground should watch out as we approach the stadium for the next home game, might trip over the biggest collective petted lip in the new midden’s history.

Edited by pozbaird

19 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Okay Sonny , I think you are comparing arbitrary laws that a landlord might have on his premises with Human Rights that were ratified by the U.N. and the U.K. in 1948 and have no borders or boundaries. Arbitrary laws do not supercede Human Rights , it is that simple. It seems that , not many people even in this country know what their Human Rights are and to be fair I only read the 30 articles a couple of years ago for the first time. There were huge Human Rights demonstrations back in the 6ts in this country and around the world

So it's OK for me to go into your house and march around the living room with a banner that says 'f**k saintnextlifetime'? If you complain are you interfering with my Human Rights? Maybe you could tell us what Human Rights Article is being breached by the Club and in what way?

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The sad thing is that the issue behind ‘bannergate’ is a serious one. Does anyone deny that the police visited the homes of innocent people unannounced at 9am in the morning, because they are part of a group who congregate in W7? As I posted - I was subject to something similar in 2006 when the police in Inverness contacted me to say I would be hammered by them if any St Mirren fans caused trouble with poles or sticks at the opening game up there. How on earth I was responsible if just one idiot with a drink in them perhaps used a stick as a weapon is beyond me, but the police up there certainly caused me to clart in my nappy.

Sadly, the serious underlying issue has somewhat been lost in a fug of accusation and counter-accusation between individual(s) within W7 and the club, specifically GLS. There is clearly a personality clash there. In some ways, it reminds me of the NFL players who took a knee during the anthem in protest against police brutality in their communities. The original serious message was lost in accusation and counter-accusation about ‘disrespecting the flag’. Which is a load of shite, that isn’t what it was about.

Anyway, my tuppenceworth is that W7 have merely shot themselves in the foot. No-one from their number came on here and mentioned the not insignificant fact that the club had been presented with the banner, and had declined permission for it to be displayed. All I read was indignation about stewards steaming in to remove a non-offensive banner, and how it was a disgrace. To throw in anything about the Celtic banner and their nickname for Griffiths was laughable. What’s the nickname for one of our players who has a song about him again?

When the club refused permission for the banner to be displayed, W7 should, in my opinion, have been in contact with the club, the police, and indeed their MP, to seek talks - about the 9am visits. What seems to have happened though is that unelected anonymous leaders within a group of fans held a vote, and decided pretty much to give GLS a ‘GIRFUY’. Big mistake. 

Those of us who have publically lauded ‘W7’ for their efforts in creating a better vibe in the ground should watch out as we approach the stadium for the next home game, might trip over the biggest collective petted lip in the new midden’s history.

5 hours ago, Drew said:

This has become very tedious indeed.

Couldn't have put it better myself Drew!

21 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So it's OK for me to go into your house and march around the living room with a banner that says 'f**k saintnextlifetime'? If you complain are you interfering with my Human Rights? Maybe you could tell us what Human Rights Article is being breached by the Club and in what way?

I'll make that banner for ye............................:lol:

35 minutes ago, Sonny said:

3 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Will it be the "We had Spaghetti "one ? GLS will have no problem with that , it would think.:P

Naw, see above.

Think I'll get it cleared? :lol: