Club statement please on police activity in W7

15 minutes ago, jimmy 1 said:

Gordon Scott has always struck me as a "it's ma baw: type of guy.  Problem is it's not his baw and  for a club chairman to have a go at a fan on clubs official Facebook page is embarrassing  from him. 

If he wants a non political stadium. Stop advertising politicians  on boards around pitch and maybe do something about sectarian  singing from away support. 

Jimmy.

Yet more shots into your own feet

None of us on here are anti W7

Non of us would welcome a police visit

Suggest you take 5 and take time to think 

I mean this in the best possible way.

17 minutes ago, StMurnBois said:

What I want is for the club, SLO & W7/Northbank boys to work together for the future, whether this is what all involved parties want I’m unsure of as I cannot speak for any of them.

I am complaining about the lack of communication between the parties and the doors being slammed in faces with regards to this. 

Can I just point out that my views have absolutely no correlation to the views of the boys in W7, as I’m not a spokesperson for them, for lack of a better word. This is just what I think about the situation and what I think should be done about it.

I am in no way saying the club are all wrong and the boys in w7 are angels, as that would be a complete bare faced lie. There is wrong doing on both sides and until they can both come together to fix this mess I’m not willing to say any more about this. 

Meet your SLO.

That's what you do

7 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:
8 hours ago, Sonny said:
No, no, no. Unless you own the venue (stadium) you have no rights to display what you want without approval. You and your pal can sit in your garden and hold up your banner.

But surely their human rights are being violated? emoji23.png

Pre supposing they are human?  :P

and this is a JOKE before someone gets all arsey about it, lighten the mood PLEASE ?  B)

Gordon Scott has always struck me as a "it's ma baw: type of guy.  Problem is it's not his baw and  for a club chairman to have a go at a fan on clubs official Facebook page is embarrassing  from him. 
If he wants a non political stadium. Stop advertising politicians  on boards around pitch and maybe do something about sectarian  singing from away support. 

Rubbish

He’s looking after the best interests of the club rather than others angry about getting woke up at 9am.

29 minutes ago, jimmy 1 said:

This sort of post is not helpful in any way.

If Gordon reads this sort of nonsense he is more likely to simply break away from all communication wth this group.

He has better things to do with his time.

22 minutes ago, StMurnBois said:

The decision of whether or not the banner should be made, had to be made by the group. 

As it is a group, if a suggestion is put forward there is a vote on this to determine whether or not it will be done, this vote was done and resulted in the banner being made. 

If one member of the group was to say they wanted to do it and everyone else said no then of course this would be ridiculous, but if the majority agree, the minority support the rest of the groups decision as it is made as a GROUP and represented by ALL members in the group.

No. It had to be made by Gordon. And it was. Everything else afterwards was by choice. You could easily have accepted his decision.

Just now, oaksoft said:

No. It had to be made by Gordon. And it was. Everything else afterwards was by choice. You could easily have accepted his decision.

Nothing to do with me not accepting his decision, as I have already said I am not a representative of the boys in W7 and what I am saying/feeling does not reflect what they are. 

The only W7 person who has shown even the slightest evidence of understanding of what they have done wrong is Doakes.

That's a shame really because any reasonable person can see the problem whilst still empathising with the anger they feel.

Their loss. Personally, I  would not be surprised to hear that Gordon now won't talk to them at all. Trust has been broken and successful businessmen like Gordon don't tend to deal with people who break their trust. I hope some lessons can be learned here from the W7 kids and that they can continue with their support of the team but I fully expect them to be banned from further banners and displays for the forseeable future.

Sorry but it's pretty clear that this is a woeful tale of entitlement, ego and petulance from the W7 kids from start to finish.

And on that note, unless anyone has anything else to add, I am going to leave it at that.

Edited by oaksoft

Going in circles here boys.

I get the feeling that some of the W& group have, but there is no doubt they have lost some support in the way that some, not all,  have come across as Billy big baws and see themselves as above the decision of the man who's job it is to make decisions.

This has been simmering for a while, somebody, IF there's to be a resolution, has to knock a few heads together and get back to supporting the team and players. 

However I feel there is an element in the W7 group that will not let this go and it will all end in tears, which is a shame. 

My main gripe is the chairman of a professional  club is getting involved in a public slanting match with one of his clubs fans in social media. Very unprofessional  in my opinion.  

He could maybe have picked up the phone and chatted to the individual in question and kept it private.

Of all the things to have a go at, a banner that I couldn't even read from the main stand is certainly not one of them.

I was sitting 4 rows in front of Mr Scott and I could clearly hear the sectarian songs. I assume he could as well. Has he done anything about that?? 

I wonder if he made any request to the match commander to deal with it?

2 minutes ago, jimmy 1 said:

My main gripe is the chairman of a professional  club is getting involved in a public slanting match with one of his clubs fans in social media. Very unprofessional  in my opinion.  

He could maybe have picked up the phone and chatted to the individual in question and kept it private.

Of all the things to have a go at, a banner that I couldn't even read from the main stand is certainly not one of them.

I was sitting 4 rows in front of Mr Scott and I could clearly hear the sectarian songs. I assume he could as well. Has he done anything about that?? 

I wonder if he made any request to the match commander to deal with it?

Naw he doesn't care about that only about money 

The team was also shite at time's in love street but we screamed, shouted sang jumped about like loonies. We all miss the old ground that's a fact but this ground was soulless until these boy's came up and are doing well, some have tried before and failed. These guy's keep going and going, what I'm led to believe is the group's before this lot failed due to a lack of interest from the club and the club not wanting them there (I might be wrong).
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be! I remember many games at the old dear which could have been played in a library and not upset the librarian!

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
40 minutes ago, jkd said:
The team was also shite at time's in love street but we screamed, shouted sang jumped about like loonies. We all miss the old ground that's a fact but this ground was soulless until these boy's came up and are doing well, some have tried before and failed. These guy's keep going and going, what I'm led to believe is the group's before this lot failed due to a lack of interest from the club and the club not wanting them there (I might be wrong).

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be! I remember many games at the old dear which could have been played in a library and not upset the librarian!

Also true bud, it's just like the saying go's love it or leave it.

Guest TPAFKATS

Wonder why they haven’t asked for my address then if they are just asking for random addresses for no reason.

I wouldn’t care tbh I’d just help them to show they are wasting their time

I see no problem with club assisting the police if they have any concerns .

Ah the old 'if your doing nothing wrong you've nothing to fear' logic...

Of all the things to have a go at, a banner that I couldn't even read from the main stand

You really are talking some rubbish hes was clearly just pointing out that banner would not benefit the club anyway at all could only go down the route of maybe costing the club more money if the police chose to decide our games need a bigger police presence something the club would have no choice in and be a lot more costly to the club in the long run.

That should be your only gripe if you want wants best for the club.

Not some petty point scoring against the police.

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

This sort of post is not helpful in any way.

If Gordon reads this sort of nonsense he is more likely to simply break away from all communication wth this group.

He has better things to do with his time.

Oaksoft to the best of my knowledge the only people in our group that have posted are myself, Suggestion and Mattman

This thread has been done to death.

I had a conversation with the SLO tonight, can’t go into detail but hopefully something positive comes out of it all. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

What is it you want?  I am now confused.

Are you complaining about the SLO - he is your point of contact? 

That is the system - Accept it. 

I do hope that the board are not manipulated into giving W7 a direct meeting following this sustained and negative campa8gn. 

Please,  please stop shooting yourself in the foot and alienating previous supporters. 

Ricky, sorry I’m not trying to sound rude here, but PLEASE stop commenting.

Give your fingers a break mate, you keep repeating the same stuff but seem to not exactly know what’s going on. 

Its giving me a headache. Apologies again but please. Thank you

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:
2 hours ago, Sonny said:

The thing is the Club have the final say as they have the responsibility of running the Club. Bitching on social media harms your case and does not help it. Debate calmly and reasonably with the Club to achieve your aims but they will always have the final say taking into account the law, other supporters (Home and Away), and the Club's image. Washing dirty linen in public is a retrograde step to your ambitions.

And I think it is unfair to criticise the Club for giving you a hard time. GLS is always praising W7. Allocated the group to that part of the stadium. He allows standing (contravening the law) and engages with W7.  But he has responsibilities which he has the final say on.

But would it not be reasonable in this instance to publicly declare what was so offensive about the banner while allowing a far more offensive one to continue being displayed in the away end?

ETA. this is a strange way of showing support for W7 lads. Mixed messages at best.

I think GS stated that the reason it was refused was that it 'in his opinion. (which is the one that counts)'  it was not football related, as for the Celtic 'shagger' poster

I think that Div said earlier that he 'believed' that the reason nothing was done about that poster was because  it may have caused 'trouble' with the Celtic fans and if as reported earlier there were only two police on duty I can't say I blame them.  Equally it would be unreasonable to ask St Mirren stewards to attempt removal of it.  Not sure what the solution is but I can see the reason why nothing was done.

13 minutes ago, mattman said:

Give your fingers a break mate, you keep repeating the same stuff but seem to not exactly know what’s going on. 

Mattman I find you to be a rude young boy please stop liking my posts or I need to send Kane to deal with you lol

12 minutes ago, mattman said:

A simple "shut the feck up" would have sufficed. :wink:

Guest TPAFKATS
I think GS stated that the reason it was refused was that it 'in his opinion. (which is the one that counts)'  it was not football related, as for the Celtic 'shagger' poster

I think that Div said earlier that he 'believed' that the reason nothing was done about that poster was because  it may have caused 'trouble' with the Celtic fans and if as reported earlier there were only two police on duty I can't say I blame them.  Equally it would be unreasonable to ask St Mirren stewards to attempt removal of it.  Not sure what the solution is but I can see the reason why nothing was done.

There were dozens of police on duty at the game on Friday. The two police officers quote relates to other low risk games where there will be a minimum of two. No idea what these games are but they certainly won't be old firm. Doubt they will be the two from Edinburgh and would also not expect them to be Motherwell or Aberdeen. Given that Dundee brought over 1000 fans that might rule out that game as well. Hamilton have a shite support numbers wise but there's been trouble in recent years so really that kinda leaves Killie, fake saints and Livi as games with a 2 police officer presence [emoji3]