Club statement please on police activity in W7

14 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
17 minutes ago, div said:
Had a quick look on the official site forum to see what they are all making of this stramash.
Four posts in total.
Seems not everyone cares as much as we do on here as we reach page 33 emoji3.png

To be fair, if you took out all the posts of folk repeating themselves every few hours it would be about 10 pages.

Don't forget the 8000 forum members. 

13 hours ago, jkd said:

Where in my statement did I at they are the only supporters that sing? 

The ground was soulless before those guy's formed most of the time it was like being in a libary.

Cannae hear you from W1. 

50 Livy fans drown W7 out very easily.

Anyway, when the team are doing it, the whole stadium is singing, even me.

Plenty Song Starters in other parts of the Stadium, especially the dude behind me. He loves a chorus of " OH WHEN THE SAINTS ".

17 minutes ago, Hambud said:

While I understand that it is annoying OF fans don't just get arrested en masse I also understand the reason the police give for not doing it.

In my opinion we as Saints fans should not behave like OF fans just because they get away with it.

Well said Hambud.  Set our own high standards and lead rather than follow. 

13 hours ago, StMurnBois said:

The decision of whether or not the banner should be made, had to be made by the group. 

As it is a group, if a suggestion is put forward there is a vote on this to determine whether or not it will be done, this vote was done and resulted in the banner being made. 

If one member of the group was to say they wanted to do it and everyone else said no then of course this would be ridiculous, but if the majority agree, the minority support the rest of the groups decision as it is made as a GROUP and represented by ALL members in the group.

The Masses Are Asses 

as usual 

12 hours ago, mattman said:

:blink:

End of the day we all have one common goal and that is to support the team. 

By standing in our Stadium and displaying a Banner which has nothing to do with St Mirren and Football. 

And which was banned. 

9 hours ago, Hambud said:

The whole thing is a brass neck.

The people questioning GS professionalism for replying to messages are having a laugh. They are measured and informative responses.

How can folk work themselves into so much of a lather about nothing?

Some are slaughtering GLS for discussing this publicly - he was replying to a post publicly mocking him on Facebook, added to more posts lambasting the club, many from people who probably know almost none of the facts.

People are saying the banner that was banned was entirely football related - "Fans Not Criminals" was it? That is entirely political.

44 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Some are slaughtering GLS for discussing this publicly - he was replying to a post publicly mocking him on Facebook, added to more posts lambasting the club, many from people who probably know almost none of the facts.

People are saying the banner that was banned was entirely football related - "Fans Not Criminals" was it? That is entirely political.

Correct, 

A lot of what was said on Facebook/ Twitter went beyond just concern as well. They were down right accusations and statements of wrong-doing, hammering the club. Very disappointing some people are so happy to automatically expect the worst of our club and its employees. 

3 hours ago, jkd said:

But they never had permission to show it 

You guys are missing the point completely. W7 asked for a banner to be shown. It was refused with an explanation given. But toys out of the pram and you went to social media to complain and displayed the banner anyway going against the wishes of the Club you claim to support. Your grievance is against the Police and not the Club however you took out your 'life's not fair' on the completely wrong target undermining the trust between you and the Club. W7 also claim the Club provided personal details to the Police. The Club have said they only confirmed one person was a season ticket holder when asked by the Police. 

The Celtic banner is irrelevant to the above. However they may have asked permission and as it was football related in support of one of their players (100 goals for Leigh Griffiths) maybe permission was given. You don't know the details. The Club may not have known about it in advance and specifically refused permission which was what happened with the W7 banner. And maybe the Police advised the Club to ignore the banner due to crowd safety. And maybe GLS was just pissed off at W7 for going against a direct instruction.

The Club have done no wrong here as far as I can see however W7 do not come out of this very well at all.

19 minutes ago, Sonny said:

You guys are missing the point completely. W7 asked for a banner to be shown. It was refused with an explanation given. But toys out of the pram and you went to social media to complain and displayed the banner anyway going against the wishes of the Club you claim to support. Your grievance is against the Police and not the Club however you took out your 'life's not fair' on the completely wrong target undermining the trust between you and the Club. W7 also claim the Club provided personal details to the Police. The Club have said they only confirmed one person was a season ticket holder when asked by the Police. 

The Celtic banner is irrelevant to the above. However they may have asked permission and as it was football related in support of one of their players (100 goals for Leigh Griffiths) maybe permission was given. You don't know the details. The Club may not have known about it in advance and specifically refused permission which was what happened with the W7 banner. And maybe the Police advised the Club to ignore the banner due to crowd safety. And maybe GLS was just pissed off at W7 for going against a direct instruction.

The Club have done no wrong here as far as I can see however W7 do not come out of this very well at all.

I get what your saying the guy's asked told no do it banner took off.

Celtic don't ask do it and nothing happens.

So 1 rule for us and 1 rule for them attitude that is rife in all clubs in Scotland 

1 minute ago, jkd said:

So 1 rule for us and 1 rule for them attitude that is rife in all clubs in Scotland 

For all the bit in bold may be true jkd it has absolutely nothing to do with the situation between W7 and the club! The day you start measuring yourself by or justifying your actions against either of the OF you have already lost!!

What rule is that that Celtic need to pay much larger policing costs than us and rightly so the board want to keep our costs to a minimum.

Can you really not see how childish your argument is they show all sorts of banners so why can’t we.

12 hours ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Sounds like both parties need to get round the table and clear the air.

If the banner was rejected beforehand and still displayed then the stewards have every right to confiscate but their does seem to be an air of double standards considering Celtic seem to have quite freely produced their own banner without similar repercussions.

The W7 lads are clearly frustrated right now and by the sounds of it, justifiably so. I would certainly be demanding answers from the club if information was given out about me resulting in an unwarranted approach from the police regardless of whether the club are legally obligated to do so.

Our first installment of this season's W7 quota of drama comes after 4 or 5 league games. When's the boycott of home games happening to stick it to the BoD who don't care about the fans or understand fans and are only interested in cash?

There do seem to be tonnes of posts saying the police asked the club to give them the addresses of fans in W7 and the club agreed. Do we know this happened? I would have thought the police would have plenty of other means of finding out the addresses of fans and probably use fans' own social media posts to identify people of potential interest to them and once they have a name I would expect it would be easy for them to find an address under their own steam.

1 minute ago, jkd said:

My point is that our banner was refused shown took off the guy's rightly so, but Celtic never asked shown nothing done. My question to the board would be why is that

How do you know this as fact??

I do know that the police policy when either of the OF turn up is "get them in and out of the ground and in and out of the town with as little hassle as possible". 

You may think that it is unfair but that goes back to my earlier reply to you about how we measure ourselves

25 minutes ago, jkd said:

When you reduce yourself to whatabouttery, you've no chance of winning any argument. 

1 minute ago, jkd said:

My point is that our banner was refused shown took off the guy's rightly so, but Celtic never asked shown nothing done. My question to the board would be why is that

Best to stop beating that particular drum.  W7 have been given privilidges and encouragement.  You have an opportunity to lead the way by example in Scottish Football. Suggesting that it is OK to follow others to the bottom isn't a sound argument.  Doesn't mean that I approve of what any other team does or may do.  Keep aiming for the top not the populist bottom and W7 will flourish and grow.  That's my advice.  

The reason the Police don't intervene with OF supporters is partly down to the fact that those clubs attract the filth of Scottish society. They attract vile, violent people, they attract life's losers. And they attract thousands of them.

A club like St. Mirren mainly attracts decent people. There are a few exceptions, the likes of faraway for example. But in general, followers of clubs like St. Mirren are more reasonable humans beings. Much easier to deal with and much easier to swipe banners from!