Club statement please on police activity in W7

5 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The reason the Police don't intervene with OF supporters is partly down to the fact that those clubs attract the filth of Scottish society. They attract vile, violent people, they attract life's losers. And they attract thousands of them.

A club like St. Mirren mainly attracts decent people. There are a few exceptions, the likes of faraway for example. But in general, followers of clubs like St. Mirren are more reasonable humans beings. Much easier to deal with and much easier to swipe banners from!

Totally correct. 

Especially the bit about the Arbroff numpty. :byebye

This whole episode reeks of just what is wrong with our game,

Ok GLS and ur BOD have made a stance on a banner, but what about our accommodated visitors.....  

They can sing what they like, have banners on what they want, and yet W7 are just meant to beat a drum and sing support to team

This is a crock........................

As said above is singing, having banners to support the IRA and the UDA all ok in the polices eyes

Or is the real fact they can tackle a few wayful Buddies but shit themselves when they have hundreds of abusive wee thugs

Notice the PDE have made it their front page this morning. :lol:

Before this gets silly, again - had a conversation with the SLO last night and there's 2 issues that need to be addressed

1. the police issue - sharing of personal information - meeting now planned w/ regards to that

2. approval of banners, what's acceptable & what isn't. One thing both myself and the SLO agreed on is that the banner didn't actually break any rules, other than being asked not to display it - on hold for the moment until the police issue is dealt with

I think this may result in some positivies if the right conversations take place, there's clearly issues that need to be ironed out 

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

Before this gets silly, again - had a conversation with the SLO last night and there's 2 issues that need to be addressed

1. the police issue - sharing of personal information - meeting now planned w/ regards to that

2. approval of banners, what's acceptable & what isn't. One thing both myself and the SLO agreed on is that the banner didn't actually break any rules, other than being asked not to display it - on hold for the moment until the police issue is dealt with

I think this may result in some positivies if the right conversations take place, there's clearly issues that need to be ironed out 

Wonder if I get a mention? :lol:

8 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Or is the real fact they can tackle a few wayful Buddies but shit themselves when they have hundreds of abusive wee thugs

Yeh, that's just about it.

Don't understand why you want us to be like them.

Sectarianism in Scotland continues to be a problem in Scotland because folk like you let it happen.

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Wonder if you can answer something? The ‘W7 collective’... is there any structure to the group? Any identifiable leadership? Some sort of committee? Any criteria for someone to be classed as a ‘member’? Any individual(s) regarded by both the club and indeed police, as being the leaders, and if there are any issues - such as a banned banner being unfurled despite knowing it was banned, would the club / police know who ‘was in charge’?

Serious question, because as you may or may not be aware, when I first started the ‘Inverness flag day’ idea when we were denied a home flag raising opener, I received a call at home from the Chief of Northern Constabulary. In no uncertain terms, he told me if any flag poles or sticks were involved and used as weapons in the event of any trouble, as far as they were concerned, my arse was toast. They considered me the leader of this ‘flag waving group’ who were about to invade Inverness. I am no criminal, there was no criminal intent, I just said we should wave flags and make noise... yet the police got hold of my phone number and using very strong language, warned me I’d be up to my neck in it if this idea saw any trouble... I suppose the recent ‘9 am visits to non-criminals’ are nothing new then. I was shitting myself all day up there, thankfully no-one decided to lamp a Teuchter with a stick that day.

So, what’s the script with the W7 group? Do you have a funny handshake? :P

Edited by pozbaird

Some are slaughtering GLS for discussing this publicly - he was replying to a post publicly mocking him on Facebook, added to more posts lambasting the club, many from people who probably know almost none of the facts.
People are saying the banner that was banned was entirely football related - "Fans Not Criminals" was it? That is entirely political.

IMG_0417.jpg

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

The SLO is the right person to speak with as he would be if people in W1 or any other W had points to discuss, not GLS so common sense seems to be returning to the debate. Thanks for the update Doakes.

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

The Police issue , I thought I read that the club were only asked if a person or persons were ST holders , did they also obtain names and addresses from the club?

On the approval of banners , it has already been reported that banners had to be pre-approved , it wasn't the club that broke that agreement , IMO the club accommodate the W7 quite well allowing standing in that area they are in .

The W7 guys bring a bit of atmosphere but the club should always be respected.

13 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

The Police issue , I thought I read that the club were only asked if a person or persons were ST holders , did they also obtain names and addresses from the club?

On the approval of banners , it has already been reported that banners had to be pre-approved , it wasn't the club that broke that agreement , IMO the club accommodate the W7 quite well allowing standing in that area they are in .

The W7 guys bring a bit of atmosphere but the club should always be respected.

Private issue so will remain private with the people involved

Onwards to Hamilton

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Onwards to Hamilton

Do you know the person from W7 who posted on twitter that GLS was a weapon pass it on. Some of these young guys need to grow up, or just f**k off. Posting personal abuse while hiding behind a keyboard is just pathetic. If he’s got a grievance  then grow a pair and contact GLS personally and then enter into some dialogue like any sensible fan would do. All this negative publicity does neither the fans or the club any good.

15 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Onwards to Hamilton

Good to hear. Hopefully we will see less posts and tweets lambasting the club while the issue is sorted out, rather than calling people out on social media and calling the club allsorts, which I have seen far too much of. 

10 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Do you know the person from W7 who posted on twitter that GLS was a weapon pass it on. Some of these young guys need to grow up, or just f**k off. Posting personal abuse while hiding behind a keyboard is just pathetic. If he’s got a grievance  then grow a pair and contact GLS personally and then enter into some dialogue like any sensible fan would do. All this negative publicity does neither the fans or the club any good.

That's like asking do you know the person who sits 4 rows behind you and 2 seats to the left :lol: 

Hundreds of people in there

If Gordon canny take a slagging on the internet, maybe his new internet guidelines (which is a ridiculous concept) will cover it to protect his feelings :wink:

I'm sure he's been called worse

Threads been done to death so last post on the subject from me

Edited by Doakes

47 minutes ago, Doakes said:

That's like asking do you know the person who sits 4 rows behind you and 2 seats to the left :lol: 

Hundreds of people in there

If Gordon canny take a slagging on the internet, maybe his new internet guidelines (which is a ridiculous concept) will cover it to protect his feelings :wink:

I'm sure he's been called worse

Threads been done to death so last post on the subject from me

Before you go though, would appreciate you replying to the post I made about 'structure' or 'hierarchy' within the W7 group.

51 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Before you go though, would appreciate you replying to the post I made about 'structure' or 'hierarchy' within the W7 group.

Would be interesting to know if there is a structure to The Northbank/W7, without naming names :D

Edited by Iael18