Club statement please on police activity in W7

10 minutes ago, jkd said:

Where in my statement did I at they are the only supporters that sing? 

The ground was soulless before those guy's formed most of the time it was like being in a libary.

The upturn in atmosphere happened to coincide with JR's tenure when we started playing great football and winning games.

IMO these two factors had an equal, if not greater, effect on the atmosphere within the ground.

That being said, I do think, when you support the team, you do a god job in contributing towards the atmosphere within the ground.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The point is it is not W7 who makes the decisions.

The point is they requested the right but were fed a crock of shit as an excuse for not allowing it.

That's the crux of the matter.

If the norm was to give reasons then that is, on this occasion IMO, totally wrong

Just now, stlucifer said:

The point is they requested the right but were fed a crock of shit as an excuse for not allowing it.

That's the crux of the matter.

If the norm was to give reasons then that is, on this occasion IMO, totally wrong

In your opinion and it's someone's decision to allow it or not.

If they don't like it, that's life I'm afraid. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Do you think the manner of plenty of posts on here has done that? 

Quite the opposite was said by the main mouthpiece in an earlier post.

I've said plenty of times, this whole affair, and both sides are not blameless, is a shambles.

There's no doubt this group have been a great addition, overall, to the match day experience but their seems to be a "we are better than every other supporter" attitude which has done the opposite to what you suggest, alienating some of the support.

I wasn’t referring to the posts on here, more so on Facebook and Twitter which seems to be the most common platforms for posts to me made. 

What I will say is that the boys aren’t doing what they’re doing to gain approval/support from every fan out there, as that’s an impossible task. I think that what was meant by this was just that, and all that the boys in W7 are trying to achieve is to create a good atmosphere home & away to spur the team on, rather than to be a group of fans that are viewed on a higher level than other fans. 

But with that being said I don’t think it was ever their intention to purposefully argue with other fans or create a negative atmosphere between them, I feel this is down to tensions rising with all parties involved. 

I agree that this whole thing is a shambles and the sooner it’s resolved the better. 

3 minutes ago, StMurnBois said:

I wasn’t referring to the posts on here, more so on Facebook and Twitter which seems to be the most common platforms for posts to me made. 

What I will say is that the boys aren’t doing what they’re doing to gain approval/support from every fan out there, as that’s an impossible task. I think that what was meant by this was just that, and all that the boys in W7 are trying to achieve is to create a good atmosphere home & away to spur the team on, rather than to be a group of fans that are viewed on a higher level than other fans. 

But with that being said I don’t think it was ever their intention to purposefully argue with other fans or create a negative atmosphere between them, I feel this is down to tensions rising with all parties involved. 

I agree that this whole thing is a shambles and the sooner it’s resolved the better. 

Good post, now feck off, it can't get any better. :wink:

PS On 2nd thoughts, if you use the St Mirren Face book page you're obviously a nutter. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Excuse me everyone while I reply to this off topic post

Simply put; you know nothing about the issue as our last exchange demonstrated some years ago which shows how much you are still hurting since you bring it up now and to imply anti-Semitism you are on thin ice.

Oh get over yourself. :lol:

If you want to see anti-semitism in that post then I am unable to help you. Lighten up FFS.

18 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It's a 'dictatorship' because someone always has to make a final decision like your boss, a father to his young children, or the Police because the bottom line is they are responsible for the outcome. Everyone puts forward their thoughts but someone has to make the final decision.  I had a boss who said 'This is not a debate. What I say goes'. And he was right.

So what happens when you deem something to be unreasonable and these actions are deemed acceptable by the person “in charge”,  in this instance referring to Gordon Scott? 

If I don’t agree with something then I’ll make my point known, not just roll over and agree with everything that’s said because that’s just life and I need to deal with it. If that was the case humanity just wouldn’t progress. 

1 hour ago, StMurnBois said:

If the club deem a banner to be unacceptable, and this is due to legitimate, reasonable rules stated within the clubs policies, then I think we can all agree that said banner would not be brought into SMP.

You, along with Josh, seem to be having a whole heap of trouble understanding that this bit in bold is not yours to demand and expect. It is solely Gordon's gidft to dispense or withhold as he sees fit. Rightly so.

You need to drop the entitlement complex.

20 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Please understand.  I support W7 as a lot of us do but you are in danger of shooting yourselves in the foot on this.  What you clearly want is to bypass the present system not to utilise it.  This shouldn't happen.  A system has been set up.  Use it or lose it.  You have placed the SLO in a terrible position.  Do you care?  I hope so.  If not then you clearly want the head of the SLO  on a plate.  Use the process and respect the decisions made  whilst privately making your case by all means. By the way - making a difference anywhere takes a lot of time and energy and tests resilience.

The “present system” for what exactly? The process of getting banners/displays accepted? 

If so then what should be done is a list rules set out, agreed upon and adhered to by both parties, not just one side saying no, no, no then making up excuses for why things aren’t allowed. 

Dont understand what you mean about placing the SLO in a terrible position? The SLO was asked their opinion on the banner in question and they agreed that they didn’t see the issue with it, once this was said the door was shut by St Mirren, once again stopping any conversations that could have followed between the club, SLO & W7 affiliates. 

Trust me there has been plenty of perseverance and countless displays and flags that have been widely accepted by the fans and the club, but unfortunately these are all forgotten about whenever something happens they don’t like and all of a sudden the folks in W7 are painted in a bad light again. 

I can understand the frustrations from both the club and the boys in W7, what I can’t understand is why the club, when faced with adequate opportunities to communicate, choose not to do so?

1 hour ago, Iamhammer said:

Well if they turned up at my door at that time out of the blue my first thoughts would be that somthing had happened to one of my kids.  Also loads of people like me work from home

Yep. That would be my first thought too. Within seconds I would know that was not why they were there and I would be happy to help them in their efforts to proactively root out anti social behaviour whenever or wherever I saw it.

I would assume any normal citizen would do the same thing.

4 minutes ago, StMurnBois said:

Poor judgement from W7 I am afraid.  Suggest you leave internal and external fan  / police / club politics out of your activities.  How many times can one say that you have your answer.  You don't have to like it but you do have to respect it or risk losing the hard won respect of the other fans.  Neither am I keen to get involved in the police visits.  Without realising it the individual involved has raised possible doubts in people's minds. Best advice would be to cut your losses and work within the present system. 

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

You, along with Josh, seem to be having a whole heap of trouble understanding that this bit in bold is not yours to demand and expect. It is solely Gordon's gidft to dispense or withhold as he sees fit. Rightly so.

You need to drop the entitlement complex.

Nothing to do wih an entitlement complex. 

Its down to the club to give adequate reasoning behind any displays / banners not being allowed, and in this occasion there was no club rules broken in the creation of this banner, so for what reason was it not allowed in? 

If it’s not against the clubs policies/rules, then what’s the issue? 

47 minutes ago, StMurnBois said:

Completely agree with the points you make here.

The only issue, for me at least, is that when all efforts to communicate are made in vain, he boys quite rightly don’t want to just give up and allow the wrongdoings to take place. 

If something is against the clubs rules then absolutely 100% this should be accepted, but if reasons are plucked from thin air as to why things aren’t allowed, you can understand why people would be frustrated about this.

It was definitely a risk doing the banner after already being told no, and I’m sure they where all well aware of the backlash it could receive, but as you can imagine people are very disgruntled about the backstory behind the banner and the events that led up to it. If the door is continuisly being shut in their faces every time they try to create noise & colour (ie drum, West stand being all saints, displays, flags etc) and having to jump through hoops for these things to be allowed you can imagine how p*ssed off they would be after being contacted by police to inform them they are being watched with regards to “organised violence”. 

Its a total kick in the teeth after all the effort they’ve made and I completely understand why they feel the way the do. It’s just a shame the club haven’t made any effort to show they stand by them, appreciate their continued efforts and haven’t exactly made things easy for them to say the least. 

This post is the very definition of an entitlement complex.

Deary me.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Poor judgement from W7 I am afraid.  Suggest you leave internal and external fan  / police / club politics out of your activities.  How many times can one say that you have your answer.  You don't have to like it but you do have to respect it or risk losing the hard won respect of the other fans.  Neither am I keen to get involved in the police visits.  Without realising it the individual involved has raised possible doubts in people's minds. Best advice would be to cut your losses and work within the present system. 

Poor judgement it may be, but it was a hard decision that had to be made by the group. 

Regarding the police visits, the individual involved had done nothing to warrant this visit nor had any of the group members done anything to deserve being followed around the country by police watching their every move just looking for an excuse to warrant their decision. 

5 hours ago, W6Saint said:

No, they bloody well should not!

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Really?

We should be taking lessons and allow the filth to pour?

FFS, I thought i'd heard it all. 

I didn't comment on the content of the GB stuff. 

The point is that the Celtic board deal with an issue about 30x bigger than ours which comes with about 30x the baggage and all other issues. They deal deal with it by letting the small trivial things go and hitting down on the bigger stuff. We are all governed by the same laws and under the same police force so that is the constant here. The only difference is how the clubs handle it. 

Imagine if the Celtic board were to shite themselves from a "fans not criminals" banner(or whatever it was). They'd be having full scale meltdowns every week with the GB banners.

Edited by LargsBud

46 minutes ago, jkd said:

I'm saying those boy's have to go through alot to do stuff why should they bother giving up there time and money if it's looking like one step forward two steps backwards. 

Gordon said in his statement that they did not give permission to that banner as it never supported the club, team or management, so why was the jack Ross banner took off them last season a banner that was supporting our manager at the time .

And after Friday, I think those hoops they have to jump through will have got much larger and more numerous.

This is going to end with the W7 boys being shut out of further meetings with Gordon.

Given the lack of any of them to acknowledge they have made a mistake here I really can't see any other outcome.

Shame really.

2 minutes ago, StMurnBois said:

The “present system” for what exactly? The process of getting banners/displays accepted? 

If so then what should be done is a list rules set out, agreed upon and adhered to by both parties, not just one side saying no, no, no then making up excuses for why things aren’t allowed. 

Dont understand what you mean about placing the SLO in a terrible position? The SLO was asked their opinion on the banner in question and they agreed that they didn’t see the issue with it, once this was said the door was shut by St Mirren, once again stopping any conversations that could have followed between the club, SLO & W7 affiliates. 

Trust me there has been plenty of perseverance and countless displays and flags that have been widely accepted by the fans and the club, but unfortunately these are all forgotten about whenever something happens they don’t like and all of a sudden the folks in W7 are painted in a bad light again. 

I can understand the frustrations from both the club and the boys in W7, what I can’t understand is why the club, when faced with adequate opportunities to communicate, choose not to do so?

Again.  How many times can this be said?  There is a system in place.  There is never going to be a position where the board agree to everything you put forward.  That is unrealistic. 

I welcome the fact that decisions are made in context by the board but guidelines are clear to me and I guess most fans.  Support the Club Support the Team.

The poor SLO is piggy in the middle and you appear to want to sideline him.  Not a viable idea and disrespectful.  If you don't get that then I can't explain it. 

The club has comunicated and issued a statement. 

You are wrongly thinking that  I am being critical or playing down the efforts involved but understand there are many people who have put years into the club.