Alan McManus

Have always been impressed with Alan anytime he took charge of the team between managers. Alan was more often than not in the dugout with Jack and Jammie very much part of that team. You don't see Alan in the dugout now.  My understandings Is Alan does not want a management job. Would like to see McManus and Rice take over for the moment till January guaranteeing McManus can return to Academy duties thus giving plenty time to  find the right man. McManus has all the experience dealing with fringe players which seems quite a few first team players are made up of. 

Just now, Buddie Marvelous said:

Why bin him after just 3 league games? 

If the betfred cup did not having fans worried then Aberdeen and Livingston should. The fact we did not have one shoot on target in 90 min tells it's own story.

Recruitment is shambolic now a story with Smith has arisen.

You have our Captain speaking out about signings of players not having game time.

What do you want to do carry on we go adrift early with no way back .

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If the betfred cup did not having fans worried then Aberdeen and Livingston should. The fact we did not have one shoot on target in 90 min tells it's own story.

You have our Captain speaking out about signings of players not having game time.

Last week you were telling us Stubbs was great..............:lol:

2 minutes ago, HSS said:

Last week you were telling us Stubbs was great..............:lol:

Was willing to give the Aberdeen game a one off.

Livingston was even worse.

So yes I have changed my mind.

Saying I said Stubbs is great is a exaggeration I did back him like we all did mostly, You always want your manager to be successful.  

So  HSS where do you stand on this or you prefer to sit on the fence pointing the finger laughing at everyone else. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Alan Stubbs has a job to do, successfully manage our club. He NEEDS time to do that. 

My God man. It was only 18 days ago you were singing the mans praises !!! 

Posted August 10   IOBS WROTE......

I really like Stubbs he is not for beating about the bush the man is a straight talker. We wont always have the ball on Sunday , when we do the passing has to be right and we attack,

Game plan counter attack.

•  

2 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Alan Stubbs has a job to do, successfully manage our club. He NEEDS time to do that. 

I really like Stubbs he is not for beating about the bush the man is a straight talker. We wont always have the ball on Sunday , when we do the passing has to be right and we attack,

•  

I'm genuinely happy for you to find our poor many games as acceptable. You keep mentioning 3 league games. I take it you missed Spartons and Queens Park both amateur clubs.

Most of all I'm glad you see something in the new signings that will have us strolling the league.

If we go back down it will be for a long time.  

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Was willing to give the Aberdeen game a one off.

Livingston was even worse.

So yes I have changed my mind.

Saying I said Stubbs is great is a exaggeration I did back him like we all did mostly, You always want your manager to be successful.  

So  HSS where do you stand on this or you prefer to sit on the fence pointing the finger laughing at everyone else. 

Hilarious stuff.  :lol:

Make up yer mind on Stubbs.

More flip flops than a Mexican beach resort. 

42 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm genuinely happy for you to find our poor many games as acceptable. You keep mentioning 3 league games. I take it you missed Spartans and Queens Park both amateur clubs.

Most of all I'm glad you see something in the new signings that will have us strolling the league.

Spartons and Queens were not League games!  My take on the early cup games is Stubbs was using them as presaeson games. 

Look! We are all hurting at the minute. It's times like NOW we need to support the manager and team, not only when they are winning. But each to their own Buddie.

Edited by Buddie Marvelous

15 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

•  

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm genuinely happy for you to find our poor many games as acceptable. You keep mentioning 3 league games. I take it you missed Spartons and Queens Park both amateur clubs.

You posted the above AFTER the Spartans & Queens Park games. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

•  

18 days is a long time in football. Surely everyone has a point where they start to turn?

The worst transfer window dealings I can ever remember in all my years supporting st mirren combined with a few shocking performances has been enough for me to change my mind on him.

1 minute ago, LargsBud said:

18 days is a long time in football. Surely everyone has a point where they start to turn?

The worst transfer window dealings I can ever remember in all my years supporting st mirren combined with a few shocking performances has been enough for me to change my mind on him.

Yip. As I wrote at the end of my post to IBOS each to their own.

2 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Spartons and Queens were not League games!  My take on the early cup games is Stubbs was using them as presaeson games. 

Look! We are all hurting at the minute. It's times like NOW we need to support the manager and team, not only when they are winning. But each to their own Buddie.

Mate I have followed Saints since the 60's I dont mind seeing lose games as long as we try.

You can take a bad performance as one or two off games. Its the manner of the last two and betfred cup games were played. Rudderless.

When you have your own Captain being openly critical  then you know something is badly wrong.

We have all seen Murray , Rae , Craig in recent years to know when things are not right.