Alan McManus

7 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

18 days is a long time in football. Surely everyone has a point where they start to turn?

The worst transfer window dealings I can ever remember in all my years supporting st mirren combined with a few shocking performances has been enough for me to change my mind on him.

If you read the "Jack Ross Tick Tock Must Go Now ! " thread you'll see a good few reaching their point of turn. 

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When you have your own Captain being openly critical  then you know something is badly wrong.

It says more about Stephen McGinn than it does about our manager. To go greetin to the press and not your line manager is very unprofessional to say the least. I must admit I have lost a bit of respect for him after that debacle. As it is the managers job to manage our club it is the captain's job to rally the troops, help the newbies but more than that get the sleeves rolled up and show some fight!  

49 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Was willing to give the Aberdeen game a one off.

Livingston was even worse.

So yes I have changed my mind.

Saying I said Stubbs is great is a exaggeration I did back him like we all did mostly, You always want your manager to be successful.  

So  HSS where do you stand on this or you prefer to sit on the fence pointing the finger laughing at everyone else. 

I'm not laughing at everyone else.

PS.Spartans are not an amateur club.

18 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

It says more about Stephen McGinn than it does about our manager. To go greetin to the press and not your line manager is very unprofessional to say the least. I must admit I have lost a bit of respect for him after that debacle. As it is the managers job to manage our club it is the captain's job to rally the troops, help the newbies but more than that get the sleeves rolled up and show some fight!  

I haven't watched Stephen McGinn's interview but if comments made by other posters are taken at face value then it seems that he has been less than fully supportive of the manager.  Not something you might expect from a Captain.  I don't deny IOBS the right to change his mind but I am still willing to be patient. The board will call time,  if and when they think they should.  McManus is doing a good job where he is.  I get your thought process on this. 

33 minutes ago, munoz said:

If you read the "Jack Ross Tick Tock Must Go Now ! " thread you'll see a good few reaching their point of turn. 

Jack Ross hadn't had a transfer window by the time that thread was started.

We are 4 days away from this transfer window being in the past and something Stubbs can no longer change .  It hasn't just been a bad window its been horrendous and a total arse has been made of it. If Smith leaves this week it will further add to the level of disaster its been. 

I don't see how he can come back from this considering it was always going to be a really tough season even with a good summer.

38 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

McGinn did not go greetin. He was sent out to the press conference because Alan Stubbs and his back team could not perform their duties, hence no Stubbs interview after the game ether. 

Oh for christ sake, not another Stephen McGinn basher.

Stephen McGinn isn’t the problem here, it’s clear to anyone who watches football (i’d hope) that he’s our best player overall with experience playing in higher leagues and a genuine care for the club.
If we had 10 other McGinn’s we’d stroll to Top 6, indeed, the only player that comes close in terms of footballing intelligence, experience and natural ability is Ryan Flynn (granted Smith and Magennis are wonderful technically).
No coincidence that Stubbs has pissed off all 4 of these guys...

And i’ll tell you what, guys like McGinn, Flynn, Samson are the only ones giving me hope for the future as they won’t stand and allow their (and the club’s) reputation and hard work from the past 18 months to be tarnished by an arrogant no-hoper of a manager!

56 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

18 days is a long time in football. Surely everyone has a point where they start to turn?

The worst transfer window dealings I can ever remember in all my years supporting st mirren combined with a few shocking performances has been enough for me to change my mind on him.

Worse than Tommy Craig? It's August FFS. Some players take time to gel and some won't fit in. That is football. Look at the number signed by JR that never worked.  If AS cannot improve the team then he will be sacked. Football is a business but at least give the manager time to build a little more. Btw remember Danny Lennon and us losing first 6 league games?  Some on here want him back.

1 minute ago, W6Saint said:

Oh for christ sake, not another Stephen McGinn basher.

Stephen McGinn isn’t the problem here, it’s clear to anyone who watches football (i’d hope) that he’s our best player overall with experience playing in higher leagues and a genuine care for the club.
If we had 10 other McGinn’s we’d stroll to Top 6, indeed, the only player that comes close in terms of footballing intelligence, experience and natural ability is Ryan Flynn (granted Smith and Magennis are wonderful technically).
No coincidence that Stubbs has pissed off all 4 of these guys...

And i’ll tell you what, guys like McGinn, Flynn, Samson are the only ones giving me hope for the future as they won’t stand and allow their (and the club’s) reputation and hard work from the past 18 months to be tarnished by an arrogant no-hoper of a manager!

WHAT?  Stephen McGinn is our captain FFS!  And as such has a responsibility. Whether or not his boss is shit! I recognise Stephen McGinn is a hugely inspirational player. So if he gives in why the fcuk should anyone else bother.  I'm no McGinn basher but what he did was ill advised. He did wrong. We move on.

WHAT?  Stephen McGinn is our captain FFS!  And as such has a responsibility. Whether or not his boss is shit! I recognise Stephen McGinn is a hugely inspirational player. So if he gives in why the fcuk should anyone else bother.  I'm no McGinn basher but what he did was ill advised. He did wrong. We move on.

He’s not wrong though is he?

He’s speaking up for what he thinks and for his players, I would rather our captain was brave enough to do that as that is a leader in my eyes.

Having said that, we all have different opinions and that’s fair enough.

26 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

McGinn did not go greetin. He was sent out to the press conference because Alan Stubbs and his back team could not perform their duties, hence no Stubbs interview after the game ether. 

1 hour ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

my pet hate in football , is when players turn on the manager  and drag the team morale down , I too was disappointed with McGinns comments especially after having a below average performance , 

Just now, W6Saint said:

He’s not wrong though is he?

He’s speaking up for what he thinks and for his players, I would rather our captain was brave enough to do that as that is a leader in my eyes.

Having said that, we all have different opinions and that’s fair enough.

He IS wrong in speaking out in the press!  HIS players? He didn't help them out on Saturday did he? He was Pish! By his standards Pish! And brave enough to go to the press? It's not brave it's stupid. I hate this kind of sneaky communication, it won't end well for him.  I guess you are right there though we are all entitled to our own opinion. But just to end I am no McGinn basher.

24 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

WHAT?  Stephen McGinn is our captain FFS!  And as such has a responsibility.

Where does ones responsibilities start and finish.  He's not responsible for signings, coaching or for the players that are put on the park.  

Corrected me if am wrong, but didn't we once before have a player who was a wee bit outspoken and went on to become a manager.

Edited by pod

33 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

18 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Where did you see that?

Well Well. Your wrong there. ( thanks HSS)   So he did go greetin!

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

Interesting thoughts there in that interview he never gave (i heard he robbed an old lady, and knicked a kids bike too). 

Totally debunking the myth he doesn't care, or isnt hurting. And pissing all over the series of made up posts that he blames everyone but himself!

like the man said, we win or lose as a group, time for a few to remember its a team game, and get behind their own team.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

They are picking up the wages, so lets see the players do their talking on the pitch instead of bleating about stuff in the media. Poor wee souls.... i nearly got my violin and hanky out for a good greet for them. Feckin lightweights...

They did their talking over the last 18 months , or we would be playing Montrose in the league this season. They deserve to have someone leading them who at least has a Scooby , not the plank-of-wood we currently employ !

Just now, helpmaboab said:

billyg......whit does the 'g' stawn fur...'goat' .........yer stupid attacks on Stubbs is gettin on ma goat.....

billygarbage mair like........yer takin shite!

it stand fur great at headbuttin' !