Selkirk Football Club

shull

1 hour ago, shull said:

I remember Fergie signed their Goalkeeper, Dave McConnell ( decent goalie ) in 1975 then we played them in a Pre Season Friendly.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1975&GameID=197507260

I remember a Supporters Bus crashing on the way to Selkirk.

Yeah, they are no more.

http://slfl.co.uk/selkirk-fc-resign-from-scottish-lowland-league/

From a Selkirk fan on PnB...

Selkirk FC have completely folded, no membership will be retained. Suspect it will be a long long time if ever again that the town has a senior side. 

With administration imminent there is definitely uncertainty over what will happen with the clubrooms and 3 pitches but the Juniors and Vics are desperate to keep the rooms and pitches functional if the opportunity presents itself.

IMO the statement from Selkirk FC doesn't do enough. You'd think the club only existed when the Lowland League started. This is a club founded in 1880! Suppose that sums up why the town and the club have been so divided for years.

1 hour ago, shull said:

I remember that. The BBC did a “Road to Hampden” thing where the picked a first round tie and then followed the winners of each subsequent tie to the final. Saints featured in two of the rounds.

They started with the Stirling Albion  v Selkirk game. Cowdenbeath beat the Binos in the next round and then we skelped Cowden 4-0 on a miserable night (remains the only time I’ve ever been to Central Park). We then won away at Ayr (brilliant day) before getting horsed 4-1 at home by Dundee Utd.