Ryan Edwards

Welcome Ryan. One area of the park we are not short on is midfielders however he has made 91 appearances in the Premiership which is more first team football than every other signing from our manager put together so a welcome addition. Pity he is not a central defender/striker/winger though.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Genuine question, and not simply trying to be a prick for the sake of it (I don't need to try) -

Why this signing, at this point in time?

Anyone?

Desperation. Makes it look like we have been trying to identify improvements. At least he has 2 and a half seasons at our new level and played almost every game for Thistle.

29 minutes ago, Drew said:

Genuine question, and not simply trying to be a prick for the sake of it (I don't need to try) -

Anyone?

Only guessing Drew but I think Jones was brought in with a view on playing as a defensive midfielder....due to injuries and keechness he is having to play centre half and we then needed another defensive midfielder, just speculation on my part though!!

Edited by WeeBud

35 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Expect movement outward bound from our current midfielders

I've got a feeling McShane may possibly be on that list. Not sure if hes injured or not, though not featured much under Stubbs. Cammy MacPherson  or Erhahon also may find themselves loaned out.

We are in an unfortunate position that probably 3 of our injured players would most likely have moved on if they were fit during this window, so that is 3 places filled.

4 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Only guessing Drew but I think Jones was brought in with an view on playing as a defensive midfielder....due to injuries and keechness he is having to play centre half and we then needed another defensive midfielder, just speculation on my part though!!

From what i believe Edwards is versatile too in terms of sitting in a defensive and attacking role from midfield. I really hope we push the boat out for a striker now. Please!

Welcome to the buds Ryan but I am struggling big time to come to terms with Stubbs signing policy.We badly need an experienced centre back and a wide player Dom Thomas and Darren O’Dea are available and are amongst a list of players told to find new clubs.I really fear for our future under this pretence manager unless he quickly sees our problems Time is running out yet another player Robbie Muirhead goes to the Pars a player we should have been after too.

8 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

From what i believe Edwards is versatile too in terms of sitting in a defensive and attacking role from midfield. I really hope we push the boat out for a striker now. Please!

Looks good in some of the video clips.  Good luck Ryan. Desperately need a striker and maybe a genuine wide player as well. On strikers, Stephen Dobbie might do a job. Lawrence Shankland probably out our price range now. Hopefully AS has way more options in mind and lined up.

14 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I've got a feeling McShane may possibly be on that list. Not sure if hes injured or not, though not featured much under Stubbs. Cammy MacPherson  or Erhahon also may find themselves loaned out.

We are in an unfortunate position that probably 3 of our injured players would most likely have moved on if they were fit during this window, so that is 3 places filled.

Agreed but having undergone operations an insurance company should be covering wage costs.

15 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

This is exactly the kind of signings I expected to make. An experienced player who knows the top flight. Welcome Ryan.

Now a centre half, winger and striker please

Gerry Creaney and many others were experienced and knew the top flight. 

You know the top flight and so do I and so do the rest of us. 

Is he good or not and do we need a midfielder ? 

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Stubbzo doesn't sign player with premiership experience - everyone moans

Stubbzo does sign player with premiership experience - everyone moans

club say no transfer budget - everyone moans Stubbzo hasnt bought a player

How many central midfielders do we have, genuine question and do you see that position as a priority? 

46 minutes ago, Drew said:

Anyone?

Who knows.  And if it's not bad enough we are signing another central midfielder, we have just signed one of the worst players I have ever seen in the Premiership.

I think Stubbs is way out of his depth .  He signings have been awful. He seems to have alienated the players that were already at the club, and the club captain has already been complaining to the press about his performance.

Stubbs apparently tells Cammy Smith to find a new club and then signs this guy?

This seems like grasping at straws.

Edited by ds10